IS ANYBODY OF YOU EVEN WATCHING G-LEAGUE GAMES?

Moderator: Parliament10

Poll ended at Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:08 pm

YES, I'm WATCHING G-League games and I LIKE them.
No votes
YES, I'm WATCHING G-League games and I DON'T LIKE them.
No votes
YES, I'm WATCHING G-League games and I WANT to discuss them on this board.
25%
YES, I'm WATCHING G-League games and I DON'T WANT to discuss them on this board.
25%
NO, I'm NOT WATCHING G-League games.
50%
Other (explain)
No votes

Total votes: 4

oligo
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#1 » by oligo » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:08 pm

This G-league board looks just so abandoned. It shouldn't be that way, because guys in G-league are really trying to do their best to be seen and called up to the NBA. I think they deserve more attention here and they should also be given more credit by forum members.
#FireVlade
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Re: IS ANYBODY OF YOU EVEN WATCHING G-LEAGUE GAMES? 

Post#2 » by TKainZero » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:52 pm

I don’t think there is any real reason to watch them unless your favorite team has a prospect down there. Or if you really want to see a particular player who happens to be in the D league.
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#3 » by King Ken » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:32 am

I watched the g league when we had a prospect I liked down there. Now, not so much
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,427

Post#4 » by azcatz11 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:39 am

oligo wrote:This G-league board looks just so abandoned. It shouldn't be that way, because guys in G-league are really trying to do their best to be seen and called up to the NBA. I think they deserve more attention here and they should also be given more credit by forum members.

lol
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,350

Post#5 » by Nuntius » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:28 am

There is definitely value to the G-League. The Raptors are a prime example of that. Look at Fred VanVleet, Chris Boucher, Delon Wright or really any other young guy that the Raptors have and you'll see that most of them developed a lot in the G-League. The G-League's impact will rise as more teams learn to utilize it as well as the Raptors did.

I do feel that, in general, the G-League means more to teams than it means to us, the fans.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
GrindCityHustle
Starter
And1: 2,314

Post#6 » by GrindCityHustle » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:04 am

I was just at the Hustle vs Lakers game on Friday. Hustle set a franchise scoring record that night.

I took away from the game that Talen Horton-Tucker will probably end up on the Lakers roster at some point. The younger Giannis brother probably wont make it in the NBA as he just looks lost out there despite his athleticism. I even got to see pre-Carusco SB Laker legend Andre Ingram. The guy honestly plays super smart defense with crafty scoring and I could see him in an NBA rotation if he was a 6'6 SG instead of 6'3.

From the Grizzlies standpoint I can see Josh Jackson having a Corey Brewer like impact in the league if he gets his head right.Dusty Hannah's is basically a poor man's JJ Reddick but I have a feeling he would have problems with NBA defenses given heavy minutes. Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson has alot of the moves his brother does and has the same type of athelticsm but I think he lacks confidence in his shot. He is a good glue guy for us though and the team plays smoother on the fast break with him on the floor.

Reasons I go
-There are guys who play that end up on an NBA Roster. This season I like Josh Jackson. Last season it was Bruno Caboclo.
-Games are usually high scoring and fun to watch. There is no NBA level defense but the lower foul makes it more fluid to watch.
-Tickets are like 12 dollars and after half time you can move down to empty seats. Its a great place to bring the family on a budget.
-Teams usually run a similar system to what their NBA affiliate runs.

Of course I like the Grizz but their tickets can be super high for the good seats I would like so I just watch them on TV now. I got burned on 100 dollar plus tickets where the other teams star didn't even play that night many times.

Overall its not for everybody but as a die hard fan you see value in it.
KIRAG
Veteran
And1: 2,544

Post#7 » by KIRAG » Fri May 15, 2020 8:52 pm

Next season there will be more people watching coz of the new NBA Gleauge Devt program for top high school prospects

Return to G League