Indiana hires Archie Miller as new coach

Moderator: bwgood77

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Indiana hires Archie Miller as new coach 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:34 pm

Archie Miller is making the leap from Dayton to Indiana to become the Hoosiers' new basketball coach, it was announced Saturday.

"I am honored to be the head coach at Indiana University," Miller said Saturday in a statement. "IU is one of the greatest basketball programs and academic institutions in the country, and I cannot wait to get started. With peerless fan support, outstanding facilities and tradition, a beautiful campus, and located in one of the most fertile recruiting areas in the country, IU is a dream destination for me and my family."

Sources told ESPN that Miller has agreed to a seven-year deal to replace Tom Crean, who was dismissed by the Hoosiers on March 16 after nine seasons. A press conference will be held Monday in Bloomington, Indiana.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19001709/archie-miller-coach-indiana-hoosiers
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: Indiana hires Archie Miller as new coach 

Post#2 » by Nolan » Tue Apr 4, 2017 1:45 pm

Miller's been great at Dayton and he's clearly a talented coach. It'll be interesting to see how he does with recruiting though.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."

Return to NCAA Basketball