ALERT: #1 Duke vs. #2 Michigan State playing TODAY

Moderator: bwgood77

User avatar
LakerLegend
RealGM
Posts: 11,118
And1: 5,177
Joined: Jun 15, 2002
Location: SoCal

ALERT: #1 Duke vs. #2 Michigan State playing TODAY 

Post#1 » by LakerLegend » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:04 pm

I don't really follow college bball...is it common for this type of matchup to happen this early in the season?

Good chance to see some NBA prospects.

Game starts at 4 pacific 7 eastern on ESPN.
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 17,716
And1: 25,566
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: ALERT: #1 Duke vs. #2 Michigan State playing TODAY 

Post#2 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:06 pm

Its the champions classic. Theyve been doing this for a few years now. Duke/UK/KU/MSU rotate every year on who theyre playing.
MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 26,321
And1: 14,165
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
       

Re: ALERT: #1 Duke vs. #2 Michigan State playing TODAY 

Post#3 » by MotownMadness » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:06 pm

Yeah tonight's a college ball night as far as basketball goes.
User avatar
azcatz11
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,730
And1: 6,477
Joined: Apr 13, 2017
Location: Phoenix

Re: ALERT: #1 Duke vs. #2 Michigan State playing TODAY 

Post#4 » by azcatz11 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:06 pm

Great games on tonight. I like Duke and KU! I actually expect UK to blown out, they looked horrible against VT
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 17,716
And1: 25,566
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: ALERT: #1 Duke vs. #2 Michigan State playing TODAY 

Post#5 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:10 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Great games on tonight. I like Duke and KU! I actually expect UK to blown out, they looked horrible against VT


Ya theyre really young and the first couple games they have really showed their youth. Duke vs MSU should be a really good game and a great test for both teams.
User avatar
azcatz11
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,730
And1: 6,477
Joined: Apr 13, 2017
Location: Phoenix

Re: ALERT: #1 Duke vs. #2 Michigan State playing TODAY 

Post#6 » by azcatz11 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:11 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:Great games on tonight. I like Duke and KU! I actually expect UK to blown out, they looked horrible against VT


Ya theyre really young and the first couple games they have really showed their youth. Duke vs MSU should be a really good game and a great test for both teams.


Wait so is Bagley matching up with Bridges tonight?
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 17,716
And1: 25,566
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: ALERT: #1 Duke vs. #2 Michigan State playing TODAY 

Post#7 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:19 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:Great games on tonight. I like Duke and KU! I actually expect UK to blown out, they looked horrible against VT


Ya theyre really young and the first couple games they have really showed their youth. Duke vs MSU should be a really good game and a great test for both teams.


Wait so is Bagley matching up with Bridges tonight?


I highly doubt it. MSU starts Jaren Jackson and Nick Ward as their two bigs. So I wouldnt be shocked to see Wendell Carter on Ward to match Ward's strength and see Bagley on Jackson. I also wouldnt be shocked to see Duke use a lot of zone (which I hope they wont). I think Gary Trent Jr will get the start on Bridges but dont be surprised if we see a lot of Javin DeLaurier on Bridges. Javin is a long 6'10 dude that is a fantastic athlete.
dlts20
General Manager
Posts: 9,889
And1: 2,806
Joined: Dec 14, 2006

Re: ALERT: #1 Duke vs. #2 Michigan State playing TODAY 

Post#8 » by dlts20 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:40 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I used to love college but don't watch much anymore. It's funny because earlier I was actually looking at tonights nba games and wondering what the deal was with so few since there is no NFL game tonight but this makes sense

Return to NCAA Basketball