Brandon Jennings

Moderator: bwgood77

cdash
Analyst
And1: 0

Brandon Jennings 

Post#1 » by cdash » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:05 am

The McDonalds All-American game was on tonight, did anyone else watch it? Brandon Jennings (who I believe is Arizona bound) had a flat top. It was fantastic. Not only that, but he was making excellent passes and seems to have a good shot. I really like him, hes already my favorite Freshman for next year, and I am an IU fan. Anyone know much about him, besides the internet scouting reports? He seems legit.
AnSweR07
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#2 » by AnSweR07 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:18 pm

He reminds me alot of Kenny Anderson, but even flashier. I'm not sure whether he's more style or substance yet, but he'll get the right coaching at PG U.
themaster07
Veteran
And1: 28

Post#3 » by themaster07 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:31 pm

He's incredibly fast and flashy. From what i saw from the game, he tends to fade back on all his shots. He seems to make it more difficult than it is but i don't know if it was all just for entertainment. He reminds me of TJ Ford/Kenny Anderson.
ImageImageImage
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by A.J. » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:11 pm

AnSweR07 wrote:He reminds me alot of Kenny Anderson, but even flashier. I'm not sure whether he's more style or substance yet, but he'll get the right coaching at PG U.
imgrindin247
Rookie

Post#5 » by imgrindin247 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:06 pm

He's a better shooter and more athletic than Kenny Anderson, so I think he definitely has a higher ceiling than him.
cdash
Analyst

Post#6 » by cdash » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:12 am

I am glad that Lute Olson will be back at Zona. He is a much better coach than Crazy O'Neill. I hope Jennings keeps that flat top around, that was magical. On a slight tangent, who do you guys think will be the best player out of this class? That Monroe guy looks like an animal.
bucketheadland
Ballboy

Post#7 » by bucketheadland » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:41 am

Jennings will be the best from this class. hopefully bayless and budinger both get minor injuries in the next two weeks and return. Regarldless, with Lute back and their recruits, AZ is going to be sick this year,
RelativeZdot
Freshman

Post#8 » by RelativeZdot » Thu May 1, 2008 5:05 am

My only concern with Jennings is his over dribbling. I watched Oak Hill versus Oregon City and he tended to to the Stephon Marbs where he dribbled till a trap came. At that level he could split the two defenders easily but against D1 comp...? Maybe not. Very talented player though.
RimRattlerLA11
Ballboy

Post#9 » by RimRattlerLA11 » Fri May 2, 2008 8:29 am

RelativeZdot wrote:My only concern with Jennings is his over dribbling. I watched Oak Hill versus Oregon City and he tended to to the Stephon Marbs where he dribbled till a trap came. At that level he could split the two defenders easily but against D1 comp...? Maybe not. Very talented player though.

I agree with the over-dribbling... sometimes it seems that while he's trying to make plays for his teammates, the over-dribbling he does can be seen as somewhat selfish and causes the offense to be somewhat stagnant and leads to less of a "team" game...

hard concept to explain but otherwise he is an amazing passer with excellent court vision, a very good handle and a quick first step
jzmagik
Banned User

Post#10 » by jzmagik » Tue May 6, 2008 6:15 am

Jennings will be a star once he hits the NBA. He's an unbelievable pg, I think he'll be right up there with CP3 and Deron as pgs for the future.
imgrindin247
Rookie

Post#11 » by imgrindin247 » Wed May 7, 2008 7:57 am

He just needs to polish some things up as far as decision making and running a team goes. He goes for the spectacular rather than the simple play at times. He has the game come so easy to him, that he coasts by sometimes, but hopefully this will change with the increase in level of competition. He also needs to put on some weight and get stronger, but that will come in due time.
jzmagik
Banned User

Post#12 » by jzmagik » Thu May 8, 2008 5:44 am

RimRattlerLA11 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree with the over-dribbling... sometimes it seems that while he's trying to make plays for his teammates, the over-dribbling he does can be seen as somewhat selfish and causes the offense to be somewhat stagnant and leads to less of a "team" game...

hard concept to explain but otherwise he is an amazing passer with excellent court vision, a very good handle and a quick first step

I don't understand the over-dribbling thing. CP3 and Nash dribble all day, that doesn't make them over-dribblers.

Return to NCAA Basketball