Fotis St Mock Draft 2017

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,882

Fotis St Mock Draft 2017 

Post#1 » by Fotis St » Sun May 28, 2017 10:09 pm

This is my first time. I hope you like it. Most picks based on team's needs.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/draft_simulator/view/363126/

Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Re: Fotis St Mock Draft 2017 

Post#2 » by TDJacksonville » Mon May 29, 2017 4:03 am

I would lean towards fox for the magic followed by giles. Round 2 id go Rabb then thornwell(I would also look at mason but with payton, dj, and fox didn't make sense)

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#3 » by Fotis St » Mon May 29, 2017 5:54 am

TDJacksonville wrote:I would lean towards fox for the magic followed by giles. Round 2 id go Rabb then thornwell(I would also look at mason but with payton, dj, and fox didn't make sense)

Hammond had a non shooter PG on MCW,
Elfrid is similar, I believe Hammond will draft Isaac,
reminds too much a rookie Giannis. He addresses the shooting at PG drafting Mason and Dorsey in the 2nd Round. Dorsey is a combo guard and Isaac' s versatility is unique ... steals, blocks, rebounds. As a neutral fan Elfrid's future as a Starter Point Guard in this league is questionable with the odds leaning rather not.

Thanks for intel, hope the best for Orlando, you got a terrific talent evaluator on John Hammond. Good luck
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#4 » by Village Idiot » Mon May 29, 2017 6:09 am

That would be a near perfect draft for the Blazers. At 20 I'd rather have Anunoby than Frank Jackson. The Blazers are set at guard.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#5 » by Fotis St » Mon May 29, 2017 6:18 am

Village Idiot wrote:That would be a near perfect draft for the Blazers. At 20 I'd rather have Anunoby than Frank Jackson. The Blazers are set at guard.

Drafted a guard at #20 in order to be comfortable to trade Crabbe for cap space, if or when you decided to. Anunoby had an ACL injury. Your swing for the fences pick is Giles who also has some serious injury history. If I were Blazers GM I would not draft both Anunoby and Giles, too much risk, one of them is the GM move in my opinion.

Thanks for the intel, Good luck
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#6 » by Village Idiot » Mon May 29, 2017 6:47 am

Good point on drafting two high injury risk players.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#7 » by Kings2013 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:00 pm

The Kings have 4 SGs (Hield/Bogdanovic/Richardson/Temple) to the point where 1 or two may play SF. Do you see Monk as a PG?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#8 » by Mr B » Mon May 29, 2017 3:21 pm

Mavs need a PG more than they need a stretch 4. No way they pass on Ntilikina, DSJ or Fox if any are still on the board at 9. The Mavs have been heavily scouting PG's all off season.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#9 » by Fotis St » Mon May 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Kings2013 wrote:The Kings have 4 SGs (Hield/Bogdanovic/Richardson/Temple) to the point where 1 or two may play SF. Do you see Monk as a PG?

Yes, Monk can play combo. I would play him PG next to Hield. He has shown he runs PnR well as valuable and hitting 3s, long2s off the high pick n roll, probably the best on this draft class.
Richardson and Bogdanovic should not be the reason not to draft Monk. I know Bogdanovic and he probably will not be able to guard NBA 2s ... He will probably play better the 3.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#10 » by Fotis St » Mon May 29, 2017 3:35 pm

Mr B wrote:Mavs need a PG more than they need a stretch 4. No way they pass on Ntilikina, DSJ or Fox if any are still on the board at 9. The Mavs have been heavily scouting PG's all off season.

Since Ntilikina is the only one left at #9, I wouldn't pass from the 7ft sniper ... for an unproven euro PG. Sample for Ntilikina is too small to picture his ceiling. Markannen is the Dirk of this class, and turnout to be your franchise Center.
Mr B
RealGM

Fotis St Mock Draft 2017 

Post#11 » by Mr B » Mon May 29, 2017 3:53 pm

Fotis St wrote:
Mr B wrote:Mavs need a PG more than they need a stretch 4. No way they pass on Ntilikina, DSJ or Fox if any are still on the board at 9. The Mavs have been heavily scouting PG's all off season.

Since Ntilikina is the only one left at #9, I wouldn't pass from the 7ft sniper ... for an unproven euro PG. Sample for Ntilikina is too small to picture his ceiling. Markannen is the Dirk of this class, and turnout to be your franchise Center.

They already have a center they really believe in (Noel). Carlisle runs a heavy P&R system. He likes his centers to be rim protectors and to be very good at setting picks and rolling to the basket. All things Noel exceeds at. I think the Dirk comparisons are the only reason people are mocking Markkanen to the Mavs. He doesn't really fit a big need for them though.

The Mavs have been heavily scouting all the PG's in this draft and have been overseas scouting Ntilikina. I know they are also really high on Fox and DSJ. If anyone of those 3 make it to 9 he'll be the pick not Markkanen.

I think if all three of those PG's are gone the Mavs would even consider Monk or Mitchell over Markkanen.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#12 » by Fotis St » Mon May 29, 2017 4:40 pm

Mr B wrote:
Fotis St wrote:

They already have a center they really believe in (Noel). Carlisle runs a heavy P&R system. He likes his centers to be rim protectors and to be very good at setting picks and rolling to the basket. All things Noel exceeds at. I think the Dirk comparisons are the only reason people are mocking Markkanen to the Mavs. He doesn't really fit a big need for them though.

The Mavs have been heavily scouting all the PG's in this draft and have been overseas scouting Ntilikina. I know they are also really high on Fox and DSJ. If anyone of those 3 make it to 9 he'll be the pick not Markkanen.

I think if all three of those PG's are gone the Mavs would even consider Monk or Mitchell over Markkanen.

Thanks for the intel Mr B.
Yogi Curry Barea I thought you are fine with PGs for now. And my thought is that Noel is the only Center you have. Slotting Markannen behind him would give you versatility and a life boat if Noel get s injured. Anyway I am sure Mavs scouts have figured out what Ntilikina is and if they think he is a potential Franchise PG they will draft him first.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#13 » by Mr B » Mon May 29, 2017 6:30 pm

Fotis St wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Fotis St wrote:

Thanks for the intel Mr B.
Yogi Curry Barea I thought you are fine with PGs for now. And my thought is that Noel is the only Center you have. Slotting Markannen behind him would give you versatility and a life boat if Noel get s injured. Anyway I am sure Mavs scouts have figured out what Ntilikina is and if they think he is a potential Franchise PG they will draft him first.

No problem. Yogi was a real surprise for them this year but they view him more as a backup, kind of the way JJ was used during that 2011 run. With JJ's age he will likely only stick around as long as Dirk does. Once Dirk retires (likely after this year) I anticipate the Mavs going really young. That would leave guys like JJ, Matthews, and Devin Harris on the way out. One or two of those guys may not even be on the roster this year to be honest.

Don't get me wrong though, Markkanen is a very skilled big that would actually fit nicely next to Noel. They could potentially be a younger version of Dirk/Tyson. They just have such a huge need at PG that they seemed determined to draft one.

As for Curry, he's kind of the anomaly. He signed for 1 more year. He had a career year in Dallas and I would love for the Mavs to keep him long term (instant offense off the bench) but they don't have Bird rights on him and I could see a playoff team enticing him to leave the Mavs. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if that team is Golden State. Some team is going to pay him (not max but possible the full MLE). I don't see the Mavs matching that for a backup combo guard.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#14 » by Fotis St » Tue May 30, 2017 5:51 pm

I wonder how Denver fans feel about #13 Semi Ojeleye ...

With Gallinari probably leaving, Chandler on the trade block and Justin Jackson picked earlier the next SF possible is Semi currently projected as an early 2nd. Weird draft class from 13-32 there are few SF. I guess Kurucs at #13 is a reach, Anunoby has injury concerns, so I went with the physical freak Ojeleye.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#15 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jun 7, 2017 7:43 pm

Fotis St wrote:I wonder how Denver fans feel about #13 Semi Ojeleye ...

With Gallinari probably leaving, Chandler on the trade block and Justin Jackson picked earlier the next SF possible is Semi currently projected as an early 2nd. Weird draft class from 13-32 there are few SF. I guess Kurucs at #13 is a reach, Anunoby has injury concerns, so I went with the physical freak Ojeleye.

Denver fan here, stupidest pick EVER !! Much rather have Anunoby or Zach Collins if it falls as you predict (which it won't)

Your openly asking about it shows you were either trying to antagonize the Nugget fan base or are just a huge fan is Semis, either way not a good idea to over-value to a team who has been pretty good at the draft in recent history
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#16 » by Fotis St » Wed Jun 7, 2017 8:12 pm

skywalker33 wrote:

Denver fan here, stupidest pick EVER !! Much rather have Anunoby or Zach Collins if it falls as you predict (which it won't)

Your openly asking about it shows you were either trying to antagonize the Nugget fan base or are just a huge fan is Semis, either way not a good idea to over-value to a team who has been pretty good at the draft in recent history

Thanks for the intel. I will mark this post, and come back after Semi Ojeleye's rookie year.
My draft history is good too. I picked Thon Maker at #10 for the Bucks, and I got same posts as yours predraft.
PS Yes I like Semi Ojeleye's game. Would be happy if we pick him at #17 too.
skywalker33

Post#17 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 5:36 am

Fotis St wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Thanks for the intel. I will mark this post, and come back after Semi Ojeleye's rookie year.
My draft history is good too. I picked Thon Maker at #10 for the Bucks, and I got same posts as yours predraft.

Then curious, why DIDN'T you select him for your Bucks ?? Seems with Middleton at SG, SF would be a need he could fill .

Fotis St
General Manager

Post#18 » by Fotis St » Thu Jun 8, 2017 6:57 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Fotis St wrote:

Then curious, why DIDN'T you select him for your Bucks ?? Seems with Middleton at SG, SF would be a need he could fill .

You picked him earlier.
In my intro I posted that I my mock draft is based mostly according to team's need.

With Gallinari going unrestricted the gap at SF needs to be filled. So the best remaining SFs for your team from 13-32 is

1.Anunoby (ACL injury)
2. Ojeleye
3. Kurucs

So you passed the injured player and got next choice an NBA Ready multidimensional strong SF.

Bucks have Middleton and Snell RFA they can cover the SF position. Giannis could play some minutes there too. Parker is on rehab, when healthy he plays SF. So Bucks have some options at SF position but Semi could fill the position, yes. On the other hand at the Center position if Monroe and Hawes opt out, we only have Thon Maker and Henson. So even if Semi is available at #17 I think we draft a C, but would be happy with Semi too. Snell is RFA but it only takes one GM to throw him a Crabbe contract and we probably won't match. Then Semi would fill perfectly our needs.
Good luck Skywalker I hope you draft well
skywalker33

Post#19 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 2:33 pm

Fotis St wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Fotis St wrote:

You picked him earlier.
In my intro I posted that I my mock draft is based mostly according to team's need.

With Gallinari going unrestricted the gap at SF needs to be filled. So the best remaining SFs for your team from 13-32 is

1.Anunoby (ACL injury)
2. Ojeleye
3. Kurucs

So you passed the injured player and got next choice an NBA Ready multidimensional strong SF.

Bucks have Middleton and Snell RFA they can cover the SF position. Giannis could play some minutes there too. Parker is on rehab, when healthy he plays SF. So Bucks have some options at SF position but Semi could fill the position, yes. On the other hand at the Center position if Monroe and Hawes opt out, we only have Thon Maker and Henson. So even if Semi is available at #17 I think we draft a C, but would be happy with Semi too. Snell is RFA but it only takes one GM to throw him a Crabbe contract and we probably won't match. Then Semi would fill perfectly our needs.
Good luck Skywalker I hope you draft well

Good luck to you as well Fotis, I always seem to love how the Bucks draft (though I wasn't a Maker fan), hope youR next gm does as well as Hammons did. And stay away from Karnisovas PLEASE !!!!

TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Post#20 » by TDJacksonville » Thu Jun 8, 2017 9:50 pm

Looking more into it. I get the issac pick but I feel Dennis smith would be a better choice in the now and possibly the future. Patton at 25 sign me up. Should make vucevic available for a solid return(perhaps a solid 3 n d sf). At 33 I would like Thornwell as he should be a solid 3 and d wing . at 35 I would take Bolden as I feel he would be a great stretch 4.

Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com

Return to Mock Drafts