Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Official Cammo 2019 Mock Draft Thread 

Post#41 » by Stillwater » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:58 pm

cgf wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:
I wouldn't say he messed up, we have no clue outside maybe Wisemann how good the following drafts could be. Can you really say getting somone like Reddish, Little, or Sekou just for swapping Fultz for Tatum is a screw up? He also got that Memphis pick years back for a then very inconsistant nsistant Jeff Green, even if that turns into a lottery pick in a weak draft I would call that a win.

Griz could tank I guess if they start off poorly meaning it won't transfer,but
unless I'm looking at it wrong Boston only gets the Griz pick if it's after 8th you aren't getting any of those 3 you mentioned that late.
Clips pick is lottery protected so Boston is looking at boom bust or role player at best if it transfers.
There is a slim 5% chance Sac tanks for the #1 to retain it,if they are underperforming and given that I think they are at worst ( or best for Boston) in the 9-12 range with steady improvement and other teams tanking where Boston is likely looking at Jontay or Konate...not bad but nothing to get exited about.

They also have the kings pick, which is probably gunna be top 5.

read the bold...I already addressed the kings pick which will not likely be top 5 at all.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,919

Post#42 » by cgf » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:22 am

Stillwater wrote:
cgf wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Griz could tank I guess if they start off poorly meaning it won't transfer,but
unless I'm looking at it wrong Boston only gets the Griz pick if it's after 8th you aren't getting any of those 3 you mentioned that late.
Clips pick is lottery protected so Boston is looking at boom bust or role player at best if it transfers.
There is a slim 5% chance Sac tanks for the #1 to retain it,if they are underperforming and given that I think they are at worst ( or best for Boston) in the 9-12 range with steady improvement and other teams tanking where Boston is likely looking at Jontay or Konate...not bad but nothing to get exited about.

read the bold...I already addressed the kings pick which will not likely be top 5 at all.

My B, I missed that.

May I ask if you are a Kings’ fan? Because that seems exceedingly optimistic from where I sit. Atlanta’s the only team I would bet on definitely being worse than Sacramento, as currently constructed :-/
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#43 » by Stillwater » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:41 am

cgf wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
cgf wrote:

My B, I missed that.

May I ask if you are a Kings’ fan? Because that seems exceedingly optimistic from where I sit. Atlanta’s the only team I would bet on definitely being worse than Sacramento, as currently constructed :-/

Sac if bad out of the gate could tank really hard to try to retain their pick but being only top pick protected it is very risky counterproductive to roster development and given they are not a bottom 5 roster on paper it's very unlikely.
Then add several teams who have less reason to try to win and more reason to tank in the last 30 games given a weak draft class etc and regardless of if Sac is too young to get out of the top 10 they will be trying and have a solid chance at being late lottery level team with others tanking.
Cavs fan
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#44 » by brackdan70 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:11 am

Stillwater wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Won't be surprised if Memphis is end of the lottery or the 8th seed 15-16 with a healthy Conley, and Sac is probably a little better than last season around 9-12.
Ainge screwed up getting all those picks in a weak draft, better flip 'em soon before the frosh crop confirms the bad projections.

I wouldn't say he messed up, we have no clue outside maybe Wisemann how good the following drafts could be. Can you really say getting somone like Reddish, Little, or Sekou just for swapping Fultz for Tatum is a screw up? He also got that Memphis pick years back for a then very inconsistant nsistant Jeff Green, even if that turns into a lottery pick in a weak draft I would call that a win.

Griz could tank I guess if they start off poorly meaning it won't transfer,but

I would be tremendously surprised if Sac pick is worse than 8.
Sign here
cgf
RealGM

Post#45 » by cgf » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:18 am

Stillwater wrote:
cgf wrote:
Stillwater wrote:read the bold...I already addressed the kings pick which will not likely be top 5 at all.

My B, I missed that.

Sac if bad out of the gate could tank really hard to try to retain their pick but being only top pick protected it is very risky counterproductive to roster development and given they are not a bottom 5 roster on paper it's very unlikely.
Then add several teams who have less reason to try to win and more reason to tank in the last 30 games given a weak draft class etc and regardless of if Sac is too young to get out of the top 10 they will be trying and have a solid chance at being late lottery level team with others tanking.
Cavs fan

:o I'd be curious to see what 5 teams you think have worse rosters than the Kings...
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#46 » by VCfor3 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:20 am

Stillwater wrote:
cgf wrote:
Stillwater wrote:read the bold...I already addressed the kings pick which will not likely be top 5 at all.

My B, I missed that.

Cavs fan

Correct me if I missed something. The Top 1 protection is for Philly. If it is #1 then Philly gets it and Boston gets Philly's 1st. 2-30 and Boston gets the pick. There will be no reason for SAC to tank this year even if they have a rough start.
cgf
RealGM

Post#47 » by cgf » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:26 am

VCfor3 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
cgf wrote:
My B, I missed that.

Cavs fan

Correct me if I missed something. The Top 1 protection is for Philly. If it is #1 then Philly gets it and Boston gets Philly's 1st. 2-30 and Boston gets the pick. There will be no reason for SAC to tank this year even if they have a rough start.

That is correct. I don't think the Kings will tank, I think they'll just suck.

Stillwater
RealGM

Post#48 » by Stillwater » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:57 am

VCfor3 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
cgf wrote:
My B, I missed that.

Cavs fan

Yeah the wording is misleading...
2019 first round draft pick from Philadelphia or Sacramento
Boston will receive the more favorable of Philadelphia's 2019 1st round pick protected for selection 1 and Sacramento's 2019 1st round pick (via Philadelphia) protected for selection 1 and Philadelphia will receive the less favorable or the protected of these two picks [Philadelphia-Sacramento, 7/9/2015; Boston-Philadelphia, 6/19/2017]
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#49 » by VCfor3 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Stillwater wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Sac if bad out of the gate could tank really hard to try to retain their pick but being only top pick protected it is very risky counterproductive to roster development and given they are not a bottom 5 roster on paper it's very unlikely.
Cavs fan

Boston will receive the more favorable of Philadelphia's 2019 1st round pick protected for selection 1 and Sacramento's 2019 1st round pick (via Philadelphia) protected for selection 1 and Philadelphia will receive the less favorable or the protected of these two picks [Philadelphia-Sacramento, 7/9/2015; Boston-Philadelphia, 6/19/2017]

So that means if either pick is #1 then Philly gets it right? That was originally an unprotected SAC pick that Philly had I thought and they added the protection to it prior to trading it to Boston.

(Sorry Cammo for side tracking. Love your rankings.)
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#50 » by Stillwater » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:54 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

So that means if either pick is #1 then Philly gets it right? That was originally an unprotected SAC pick that Philly had I thought and they added the protection to it prior to trading it to Boston.

(Sorry Cammo for side tracking. Love your rankings.)

Yeah, SAC doesn't have any incentive to tank not even for the 1 spot. I forgot about the Stauskas trade. if either sac or philly were to be in the #1 spot Philly keeps that pick and the pick from sac or philly that is not the #1 goes to Boston.
Seems to me Bostons gamble is that Sac will remain a bottom feeder and yield a top 5 pick. I don't see it that way even with the new rules making tanking less desirable for teams that own their own picks because the weakness of the 2019 draft requires teams to tank to even get a potential starter.
I say SAC finishes at 9-12 in the standings with the following rosters being either worse or having a significant lean towards late season tanking:
DAL(goes to ATL if not in top 5)
ATL(just bad & in a full rebuild)
BKN(first time they've had their own pick in a long time)
PHO (Still bad)
ORL (no pg still bad)
NY (no KP, no pg)
CHI ( need a 1st option star)

and with key injuries or turmoil;
CLE(goes to ATL if not in top 10)
LAC (goes to BOS if not in lottery)
MEM(goes to BOS if not in top 8)
DEN(goes to Nets if not in top 12)
cgf
RealGM

Post#51 » by cgf » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:11 pm

Yeah Dallas, Chicago and Phoenix definitely look more promising to me than Sacramento this season. And we almost never tank right, so the Knicks will somehow end up finishing with a better record than the Kings...I’m assuming a huge year from THJ to ruin our tank before KP comes back by the ASB to lead a winning streak before we end up picking in the 7-9 range.

I buy Sacramento over Atlanta & Brooklyn, maybe Orlando...though I’m buying a big second year from Isaac. But beyond that it looks sketchy

Stillwater
RealGM

Post#52 » by Stillwater » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:55 pm

cgf wrote:Yeah Dallas, Chicago and Phoenix definitely look more promising to me than Sacramento this season. And we almost never tank right, so the Knicks will somehow end up finishing with a better record than the Kings...I’m assuming a huge year from THJ to ruin our tank before KP comes back by the ASB to lead a winning streak before we end up picking in the 7-9 range.

I buy Sacramento over Atlanta & Brooklyn, maybe Orlando...though I’m buying a big second year from Isaac. But beyond that it looks sketchy

Chicago will be mediocre at best without a legit 1st option and once they realize Parker can't play the 3 they could have some incentive to tank ,but yeah they are better on paper than Sac.
Dallas definitely will be in the tank game losing the pick if not in the top 5 imo even if Doncic is unreal they aren't making the playoffs his rookie season. Phoenix really has failed pretty badly with their front court draft picks in Bender and Chriss ,Ayton despite his high ceiling will yield as many points as he gets and they still don't have a elite pg.
I think Sac is going to break out this year and shock a lot of people
cgf
RealGM

Post#53 » by cgf » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:06 pm

Stillwater wrote:
cgf wrote:Yeah Dallas, Chicago and Phoenix definitely look more promising to me than Sacramento this season. And we almost never tank right, so the Knicks will somehow end up finishing with a better record than the Kings...I’m assuming a huge year from THJ to ruin our tank before KP comes back by the ASB to lead a winning streak before we end up picking in the 7-9 range.

Chicago will be mediocre at best without a legit 1st option and once they realize Parker can't play the 3 they could have some incentive to tank ,but yeah they are better on paper than Sac.
Dallas definitely will be in the tank game losing the pick if not in the top 5 imo even if Doncic is unreal they aren't making the playoffs his rookie season. Phoenix really has failed pretty badly with their front court draft picks in Bender and Chriss ,Ayton despite his high ceiling will yield as many points as he gets and they still don't have a elite pg.

That’s certainly a bold take, 538 has them projected to have the worst record in the NBA.

Stillwater
RealGM

Post#54 » by Stillwater » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:17 pm

cgf wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

That’s certainly a bold take, 538 has them projected to have the worst record in the NBA.

maybe they made the same mistake I did thinking Sac kept the pick if at #1... if they had that incentive to tank for the #1 like I thought before I remembered the Stauskas trade I could have seen them tanking with injuries to key players etc... but there is no way they are the worst team in the league next season even without other teams having tanking agendas which they do.
I think this is the season Fox,Hield & Jackson take big leaps forward, the additions of Giles and Bagley will also help their case.
cgf
RealGM

Post#55 » by cgf » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Stillwater wrote:
cgf wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Chicago will be mediocre at best without a legit 1st option and once they realize Parker can't play the 3 they could have some incentive to tank ,but yeah they are better on paper than Sac.

maybe they made the same mistake I did thinking Sac kept the pick if at #1... if they had that incentive to tank for the #1 like I thought before I remembered the Stauskas trade I could have seen them tanking with injuries to key players etc... but there is no way they are the worst team in the league next season even without other teams having tanking agendas which they do.
I think this is the season Fox,Hield & Jackson take big leaps forward, the additions of Giles and Bagley will also help their case.

Nah, they definitely accounted for the Kings not having their pick. I think you’re just a lot higher on Hield & Jackson than most everyone else.

Stillwater
RealGM

Post#56 » by Stillwater » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:41 pm

cgf wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
cgf wrote:

Nah, they definitely accounted for the Kings not having their pick. I think you’re just a lot higher on Hield & Jackson than most everyone else.

I'm not high on either...nobody is suggesting SAC is a good team, but they would have to regress with upgrades in the front court and that doesn't seem likely , add improvement from Fox etc. But that doesn't change the fact that at minimum Hield has under performed and should be better at this point.
If 538 definitely accounted for it, then they are over projecting other rosters... there is no way in hell SAC is the worst team in the league next season and there is no way other young teams don't tank even if they aren't much different on paper than SAC and have their pick.
9-12 will be the SAC pick range by record.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#57 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:10 pm

Stillwater wrote:
cgf wrote:
Stillwater wrote:maybe they made the same mistake I did thinking Sac kept the pick if at #1... if they had that incentive to tank for the #1 like I thought before I remembered the Stauskas trade I could have seen them tanking with injuries to key players etc... but there is no way they are the worst team in the league next season even without other teams having tanking agendas which they do.

I'm not high on either...nobody is suggesting SAC is a good team, but they would have to regress with upgrades in the front court and that doesn't seem likely , add improvement from Fox etc. But that doesn't change the fact that at minimum Hield has under performed and should be better at this point.
If 538 definitely accounted for it, then they are over projecting other rosters... there is no way in hell SAC is the worst team in the league next season and there is no way other young teams don't tank even if they aren't much different on paper than SAC and have their pick.

I'd be stunned if they were in the 9th to 12th worst record range. They are easily one of the worst teams in the league and one of the most talent starved. I can count on one hand the teams in the league who they might be better then.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#58 » by Stillwater » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:14 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
cgf wrote:

I'd be stunned if they were in the 9th to 12th worst record range. They are easily one of the worst teams in the league and one of the most talent starved. I can count on one hand the teams in the league who they might be better then.

Well now that I've seen more problems than forseen I'm backing down some from my earliest expectations but expect 7-10 more reasonable.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#59 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Stillwater wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
Stillwater wrote:I'm not high on either...nobody is suggesting SAC is a good team, but they would have to regress with upgrades in the front court and that doesn't seem likely , add improvement from Fox etc. But that doesn't change the fact that at minimum Hield has under performed and should be better at this point.

Well now that I've seen more problems than forseen I'm backing down some from my earliest expectations but expect 7-10 more reasonable.

7 or maybe 8 is probably their ceiling imho.

The only teams I think they even have a shot to trump record-wise are the Hawks, the Bulls, the Knicks, the Suns, the Magic, the Bobcats and if they have a slew of injuries, the Nets.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#60 » by Stillwater » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:51 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:I'd be stunned if they were in the 9th to 12th worst record range. They are easily one of the worst teams in the league and one of the most talent starved. I can count on one hand the teams in the league who they might be better then.

7 or maybe 8 is probably their ceiling imho.

The only teams I think they even have a shot to trump record-wise are the Hawks, the Bulls, the Knicks, the Suns, the Magic, the Bobcats and if they have a slew of injuries, the Nets.

I think they will be better than last year for starters...they were not tanking much other than resting vets so the other tankers that may have been better rosters had worse records etc but with that said I cannot see ATL,PHO,DAL,CHI,NY,ORL,BKN, MEM playing any better either and most probably will be tanking after the trade deadline. I also think we could see SA drop into the late lottery due to injuies but probably not into SAC's range and I think other teams like CHA and CLE could be in that Late lottery range esp with any key injuries where they may have incentives esp CLE to retain their pick to tank late in the season. SAC has no incentive to tank

Return to Mock Drafts