Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Re: GimmeDat's 2019 B.B. 

Post#121 » by GimmeDat » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:32 am

clyde21 wrote:welcome to the sekou side my friend

I'm 2nd guessing it even after I posted it, lol. Doesn't help that I haven't seen lots of his footage. I may end up settling in 10-15 somewhere. But I've seen recent clips that have made me more encouraged by his shooting/passing/on-ball comfort, even athleticism. I'm definitely higher on him than I was a few weeks ago, I need to keep looking in to him though.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#122 » by Coeur » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:04 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
clyde21 wrote:welcome to the sekou side my friend

I'm 2nd guessing it even after I posted it, lol. Doesn't help that I haven't seen lots of his footage. I may end up settling in 10-15 somewhere. But I've seen recent clips that have made me more encouraged by his shooting/passing/on-ball comfort, even athleticism. I'm definitely higher on him than I was a few weeks ago, I need to keep looking in to him though.

He’s an easy one to put 5-10 in this draft because everyone is hard to put 5-10 in this draft.

So many of these different guys are guys that some here say they wouldn’t take top 10. The problem is that guys will have to get picked 5-10

KZ Okpala is the guy everyone should start putting somewhere 5-10
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#123 » by GimmeDat » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:37 am

Okpala is differently an intriguing guy, and I understand the upside people see (young, great measurables, pretty fluid with the ball in his hands, had a very productive season), but I get the concerns with him as well. He's going to continue to be a quite a divisive guy - for me, I can see him moving up within the 20's for me, but probably not higher.

Another guy who needs to get in my top 60 is Terence Davis, I've left him out for a while. Might even be in the 40's for me.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,219

Post#124 » by EvanZ » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:03 pm

Coeur wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

KZ Okpala is the guy everyone should start putting somewhere 5-10

Hmm I don't get it. He's not like super good at basketball and not an elite athlete or shooter or anything special really. Not sure why he would deserve to be 5-10 even in a weak draft like this one.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#125 » by King Ken » Wed May 1, 2019 5:17 am

It's hard not to see a team in the 10-20 range not being intrigued with Okpala. Picking gets slim for SF types and smallball PF types in this draft after 10-13 range.
tester551
Analyst
And1: 815

Post#126 » by tester551 » Wed May 1, 2019 3:31 pm

King Ken wrote:It's hard not to see a team in the 10-20 range not being intrigued with Okpala. Picking gets slim for SF types and smallball PF types in this draft after 10-13 range.

Really? That's where I think the strength of this draft is.

Chuma
Rui
Sekou
Clarke
King
Washington
Thybulle
McDaniels
Williams
Johnson
Samanic
Bazley
King Ken
General Manager

Post#127 » by King Ken » Wed May 1, 2019 3:36 pm

tester551 wrote:
King Ken wrote:It's hard not to see a team in the 10-20 range not being intrigued with Okpala. Picking gets slim for SF types and smallball PF types in this draft after 10-13 range.

Really? That's where I think the strength of this draft is.

Chuma
Rui
Sekou
Clarke

King
Washington
Thybulle
McDaniels
Williams
Johnson
Samanic
Bazley

I see a major gap in quality after that range. Chuma is going to be out for awhile. I striked out the names I felt were higher than 14.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#128 » by GimmeDat » Fri May 10, 2019 1:23 pm

1. Zion Williamson
2. Ja Morant
3. RJ Barrett
4. Jarrett Culver
5. Darius Garland
6. Deandre Hunter
7. Coby White
8. Sekou Doumbouya
9. Romeo Langford
10. Bol Bol
11. Goga Bidagze
12. Kevin Porter Jr.
13. Jaxson Hayes
14. PJ Washington
15. Brandon Clarke
16. Cam Reddish
17. Tyler Herro
18. Talen Horton-Tucker
19. Nassir Little
20. Nickiel Alexander-Walker
21. Bruno Fernando
22. Mfiondu Kabengele
23. Keldon Johnson
24. Grant Williams
25. Rui Hachimura
26. Daniel Gafford
27. Killian Tillie
28. Matisse Thybulle
29. Kezie Okpala
30. Ty Jerome

31. Chume Okeke
32. Lugentz Dort
33. Nic Claxton
34. Arturs Zagars
35. Quinten Grimes
36. Cam Johnson
37. Iggy Brazdeikis
38. Isaiah Roby
39. Charles Bassey
40. Louis King
41. Jalen McDaniels
42. Neemias Queta
43. Shamorie Ponds
44. Jontay Porter
45. Terence Davis
46. Deividas Sirvydis
47. Jordan Poole
48. Terence Davis
49. Naz Reid
50. Darius Bazley
51. Obi Toppin
52. Eric Paschall
53. Jordan Nwora
54. Jalen Leque
55. Luka Samanic
56. Carsen Edwards
57. Dylan Windler
58. Admiral Schofield
59. Sagaba Konate
60. DaQuan Jeffries

I've reworked the 2nd round again.. T.Davis in, dropped Jeffries in at 60, just saw him today and am a bit of a fan, and weeded out some of the 'names' that don't really deserve to be drafted - Hoard, Shittu, Wilkes, etc. I'm still giving Leque a bit of the benefit of the doubt due to his youth and tools, and Bazley too I'm going to believe in for now, but yeah,a lot of others now missing the cut. Konate might be the next guy in line to get the cut in favor of a smaller name but better prospect.

Other guys just on the outside of the 60 are Smailagic, Lawson, Norvell, Franks, Matthews, Bowen, Oni, Battle, Bone, Drell, Obiesie, and probably a bunch of other guys I've forgotten to mention.

1st round is pretty stable for now, but I don't think it matters too much either way, you get to points in the top 30 you just go 'eh, no one really stands out here'. I was going backwards on Sekou again and thought I'd drop him from 8 but no one else really stands out to me to jump him. Same thing goes for basically all of the 20's, no one's really doing it for me right now.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#129 » by Stillwater » Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 pm

Yeah I'm pretty high on Daquan Jeffries as a major impact x factor sleeper in the NBA . He is a better prospect than 50% of these listed imo... As a floor spacer, wing defender and transition freak of nature w/ massive mitts and elite hops I would not be afraid to draft him high 2nd and would take him as high as 20 if I needed an immediate impact role player. He doesn't create well enough yet to play heavy starter minutes on the wing but if he ever gets that fixed watch out...
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#130 » by GimmeDat » Fri May 10, 2019 10:48 pm

Stillwater wrote:Yeah I'm pretty high on Daquan Jeffries as a major impact x factor sleeper in the NBA . He is a better prospect than 50% of these listed imo... As a floor spacer, wing defender and transition freak of nature w/ massive mitts and elite hops I would not be afraid to draft him high 2nd and would take him as high as 20 if I needed an immediate impact role player. He doesn't create well enough yet to play heavy starter minutes on the wing but if he ever gets that fixed watch out...

I'm early days diving in to him, never really saw him mentioned before yesterday when I saw an old tweet by Hoy. Was hesitant to put him too high early because he wasn't on many boards, was waiting for the big caveat in his game, but by your response I'm pretty hopeful.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#131 » by Stillwater » Fri May 10, 2019 11:30 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Yeah I'm pretty high on Daquan Jeffries as a major impact x factor sleeper in the NBA . He is a better prospect than 50% of these listed imo... As a floor spacer, wing defender and transition freak of nature w/ massive mitts and elite hops I would not be afraid to draft him high 2nd and would take him as high as 20 if I needed an immediate impact role player. He doesn't create well enough yet to play heavy starter minutes on the wing but if he ever gets that fixed watch out...

I'm early days diving in to him, never really saw him mentioned before yesterday when I saw an old tweet by Hoy. Was hesitant to put him too high early because he wasn't on many boards, was waiting for the big caveat in his game, but by your response I'm pretty hopeful.

Had a solid showing at the Portsmouth , showcased his strength, explosiveness, quickness and respectable outside shot & it should garner some interest higher than before. more than a dunker for sure.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#132 » by GimmeDat » Tue May 14, 2019 5:20 am

Watched enough of Jeffries now, I think he's a 30's guy.

Also I should probably put Pickett back in there (also a 30's guy) given he may well stay in the draft.

Looking back at the latest board, I'm going to say that maybe King/Ponds/Jontay/Poole could all do with a bump. After I heard Tillie got hurt in workouts I bumped him down because I feel like he can never stay healthy, but that was probably a bit over-reactionary. Cam Johnson and Okeke could probably stand to move up a few spots too.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#133 » by GimmeDat » Wed May 15, 2019 9:31 am

This is an initial mock draft I put together after the order was announced. Just smashed straight through it so may have forgotten someone or doubled up, lol.

1. NOP - Zion Williamson (lucky bastards)
2. MEM - Ja Morant (nice primary facilitator to pair up with JJJ, will get to learn under great PG in Conley)
3. NYK - RJ Barrett (if not traded for a star, RJ will put up numbers and should be a hit in NY. Him and Knox have the chance to be a pair of low IQ, no defense empty stats guys going forward though, eek)
4. LAL - Darius Garland (Culver's my next BPA, but Garland is an awesome fit for LA should they keep the pick)
5. CLE - Jarrett Culver (BPA and Cavs have no prospects at the 2/3. Hopefully having Sexton as his PG doesn't hurt his rookie year)
6. PHO - Brandon Clarke (Suns should probably trade their picks for talent at this point but they need a PF and Clarke rocks next to Ayton, especially if the shooting translates
7. CHI - Deandre Hunter (Bulls probably end up with White but if Clarke's going at 6 want to take Hunter. Can play both forward positions, another great team defender which we need, and another efficient, quality shooter. Save our PG need for FA and hopefully the '20 draft with some luck)
8. ATL - Coby White (So ATL have 8 and 10, wonder if they keep both of those. Think they go a C with one of the picks, but there's a lot available, so I think they go for White. Can backup Trae and play some off-guard, adds some defensive value)
9. WAS - Cam Reddish (surely these guys are trading Beal or doing something here. Anyway, at 9, they need SF talent, and they need to swing if they're going to keep things relatively as they are)
10. ATL - Jaxson Hayes (somehow I've kept ATL from drafting a need pick at wing with either of their picks, but Hayes is good value here, is an upside project pick and could be an awesome defensive compliment to Collins. Also another guy that Young can maximize offensively)
11. MIN - Nassir Little (pity they can't take Clarke, he'd be a great fit alongside KAT. I'm not sure there's a great fit pick for Min. here, but Little could is an athletic, toolsy guy with a great attitude)
12. CHA - Goga Bidagze (Charlotte could do with a difference maker at C.. and Goga has a high floor to contribute immediately)
13. MIA - (The Heat could do with shooting more than anything I think, idk what direction they're envisioning but I would be re-tooling around JRich/Bam/Winslow asap. I'm going with Sekou as a modern 2-way PF. Banking on the shooting and their defense is going to rock)
14. BOS - Tyler Herro (Celtics need a guy that will actually play a role and play it well, and they also need an off-ball shooter. Herro is more of an OTD/creator type, but he will still be a good fit and try hard on D)
15. DET - Romeo Langford (Great value, Romeo slipped for me in this mock. Just Detroit's luck too, they need wing talent and some shot creation)
16. ORL - Kevin Porter Jr. (Would like a bit more of a proven shooter for a team that is so big heavy, but they need shot creation and perimeter upside and Porter is an uber-talent that can play either wing spot, and could be a good shooter too. Good character situation with good influences and a good coach for him as well)
17. BKN - PJ Washington (Think this good value and a good fit for the Nets - a PF that can play both ends + stretch the floor. Not really any 3's going around for them to plug that hole)
18. IND - Grant Williams (don't like Leaf, they need another PF talent, GW is NBA-ready and IND are playoff ready)
19. SAS - Jontay Porter (Massive jump from my B.B. rank but he's obviously a lottery talent if healthy, and some people are higher on him coming back from x2 ACL than me. Spurs know their scouting as well and will rate Jontay's ability highly)
20. BOS - Talen Horton-Tucker (gets stashed on a deep team as a project piece. Good coaching/dev situation for him as well)
21. OKC - Nickiel Alexander-Walker (gives them a different look in the guard spots, and good shooting which they need)
22. BOS - Keldon Johnson (I'm sick of Boston having so many picks. KJ is a more plug and play wing type, easy depth)
23. UTA - Killian Tillie (not many shooting/wing options there now, looked at the bigs and felt like Tillie brings the most interesting skill-set to the Jazz, could give them a super interesting new wrinkle)
24. PHI - Bruno Fernando (As we saw, Philly need a reliable, true backup C. Bruno's an athlete, high motor, can pass, hopefully become a good defender)
25. POR - Chuma Okeke (Aminu replacement? Fair range here when he's healthy. Will be a need for the Blazers)
26. CLE - Rui Hachimura (could do with another big, upside play in this range. Not a good fit with Sexton/RJ though I would say)
27. BKN - Cam Johnson (You can totally justify Cam as a 1st, and the Nets need shooting and they need an SF. Perfect)
28. GSW - Ty Jerome (With Livingston possibly calling it quits, I think Jerome would present an interesting new guard depth option)
29. SAS - Matisse Thybulle (I've completed the ultimate Spurs draft with Jontay/Thybulle. I do worry about the Spurs cumulative perimeter shooting ability but the defense would be nuts)
30. MIL - Mfiondu Kabengele (tenacious C prospect who will do the dirty work, showed he can stretch the floor for Giannis, and will protect the rim)
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,918

Post#134 » by tmorgan » Wed May 15, 2019 5:05 pm

Looks like your big omission is Bol^2, unless you REALLY hate the guy. He's def going lotto.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#135 » by King Ken » Wed May 15, 2019 6:56 pm

Hawks not passing on Reddish at #8
King Ken
General Manager

Post#136 » by King Ken » Wed May 15, 2019 7:01 pm

Hawks not passing on Reddish at #8 for White to be a backup PG.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,195

Post#137 » by clyde21 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:42 pm

i'd rather the Warriors take Mfiondu and then Grimes in the 2nd somewhere if possible.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,966

Post#138 » by zimpy27 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:30 am

Can't see Suns taking Clarke. More like they take white, Atlanta take reddish and Washington take Clarke
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#139 » by GimmeDat » Thu May 16, 2019 8:43 am

Yeah, looks like Bol is the guy I missed.

Also totally agree that Reddish 8 makes sense. Don't think Clarke is necessarily that interesting a fit in WAS but he's good value and they need defense. Not really keen on Suns/White fit either but a justifiable pick.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#140 » by PerkinsFor3 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:04 am

GimmeDat wrote:Yeah, looks like Bol is the guy I missed.

Also totally agree that Reddish 8 makes sense. Don't think Clarke is necessarily that interesting a fit in WAS but he's good value and they need defense. Not really keen on Suns/White fit either but a justifiable pick.

Pretty much along my line of thinking, some picks make sense as a mock right now, but as soon as one team deviates from the expected targets, loads of teams will miss out on fits and justifiable picks. It's been a while where players of a certain position have been lumped together in 'tiers' this strongly. PG's all gone early, then a lot of big men around late lottery, and then a whole bunch of swingmen who could enter lottery talks, currently pegged around 15-23.

Return to Mock Drafts