Funcrushers' 2019 Big Board

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,239

Funcrushers' 2019 Big Board 

Post#1 » by Funcrusher » Wed Jan 2, 2019 6:47 am

Late to the party, but here's what I got at the moment. Right now the list is first round only, because I'm lazy and I'm not done getting a read on everyone yet. Constructive thoughts and criticism is more than welcomed.

1. Zion Williamson
2. Jarrett Culver
3. Kevin Porter Jr.
4. Darius Garland
5. Jontay Porter
6. Ja Morant
7. RJ Barrett
8. Cam Reddish
9. Bol Bol
10. Deā€™Andre Hunter
11. Talen Horton-Tucker
12. Nassir Little
13. Grant Williams
14. Nickeil Alexander-Walker
15. Sekou Doumbouya
16. Keldon Johnson
17. Romeo Langford
18. Jaxson Hayes
19. Brandon Clarke
20. Kezie Okpala
21. Coby White
22. Bruno Fernando
23. Ignas Brazdeikis
24. Tre Jones
25. Luguentz Dort
26. Daniel Gafford
27. Killian Tillie
28. Shamorie Ponds
29. Zach Norvell
30. PJ Washington
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Re: Funcrushers' 2019 Big Board 

Post#2 » by GimmeDat » Wed Jan 2, 2019 11:14 am

Nice one. I think all the rankings are pretty justifiable.

Personally, I haven't seen enough of Porter to have him #3.. but talent wise, especially with how disappointing that 2nd tier is looking, he could definitely go that high (I would even say as high as #2).

RJ Barrett at 7 is probably the most unique take here, I wouldn't put him that low myself, but I do have some concerns with his game. Do you want to elaborate on why you're not as high on him yourself?

Grant Williams is killing it this season. Maybe I should take a page out of your book and many others and boost his ranking.

Beyond that, I think the only other guy I feel a bit iffy on relative to you is Brazdeikis. He's certainly been productive for a freshman, maybe I'm being too harsh, but I'm a bit skeptical how well he'll translate to the NBA game, and how well he'll contribute outside of scoring.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by Funcrusher » Thu Jan 3, 2019 11:29 am

GimmeDat wrote:Nice one. I think all the rankings are pretty justifiable.

Personally, I haven't seen enough of Porter to have him #3.. but talent wise, especially with how disappointing that 2nd tier is looking, he could definitely go that high (I would even say as high as #2).

RJ Barrett at 7 is probably the most unique take here, I wouldn't put him that low myself, but I do have some concerns with his game. Do you want to elaborate on why you're not as high on him yourself?

Grant Williams is killing it this season. Maybe I should take a page out of your book and many others and boost his ranking.

Beyond that, I think the only other guy I feel a bit iffy on relative to you is Brazdeikis. He's certainly been productive for a freshman, maybe I'm being too harsh, but I'm a bit skeptical how well he'll translate to the NBA game, and how well he'll contribute outside of scoring.

Yeah, with the second tier of the lotto i'm pretty much at the point where I just value guys who either have a really high ceiling, even if the floor is low, or have a moderately high ceiling with clearly a high floor, of which group KPJ belongs to the former. I understand having him lower, they're a lot of question marks about his game, but there's just so much variance with this lotto right now so I'm just using him as a placeholder basically. Until someone steps in and proves they're top 3 pick worthy, I'm pretty much banking on Porter Jr.'s physical tools and upside.

Woof, RJ. My thoughts on him are well documented on this board. To start with the bad:

- He's got a rudimentary handle, with little to no wiggle or ability to create separation off his dribble.

- No shot versatility, his jumshot needs a lot of work and he has terrible mechanics and an inconsistent release so I'm not sure if this is something that is totally correctable. Will likely never be someone that can consistently hit off the dribble jumpers

- Good, but not great athlete, who's lack of elite burst/explosion in the half court along with his lack of wiggle limit his efficiency as a finisher and ability to draw fouls at a high rate.

- Has the tools to be a good defender, but to this point has been a sieve on that end on or off the ball. Poor awareness, poor footwork/technique, and has kind of been exposed as a lateral athlete. A lot of this is correctable, but he needs to actually invest in being more than just a scorer.

- And I won't get into his selfish play, chucking mentality, unwillingness to play in a team construct, etc., which I'm sure you're already versed with. On the flip side, though, I cannot deny his open court ability, his craftiness getting to and finishing in the paint, his vision, his instinctiveness as a scorer. His floor is fairly high, but he has a lot of glaring holes that put a serious cap on his ceiling IMO, and I'm just not willing to have him any higher on my board, at least until some of the more character oriented flaws are fixed.

I really like Iggy, there's definitely a road to him being a serviceable starter in the NBA. Solid handle, great versatility with his jumper, crafty scorer who lacks footspeed but knows how to attack angles and uses his strength effectively to clear space for drives or pullups, and a smart and willing team defender. I know his lack of length hurts him, but I can see him being super effective as a small ball 4, where his lack of plus athleticism at the wing doesn't hurt him and he can face up against slower bigs, kind of similar to how Doncic is used in Dallas. He might not contribute much outside of scoring (if we're not talking about defense), but I think he has a chance to be a pretty damn good one.
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
21 Hussle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,628

Post#4 » by 21 Hussle » Mon Jan 7, 2019 8:51 pm

I like it. I agree with a lot of it, specifically your take on RJ. But Iā€™m curious as to why you have Romeo so low. From the games Iā€™ve seen it seems like he does everything pretty well, with only his perimeter shooting being a little iffy.
:meditate: Patience :meditate:
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 8, 2019 2:32 pm

I like Culver's game as much as the next guy but he ain't the second-best prospect in the NBA draft. Even if he's playing like the second best player in college.
Also find it disturbing THT is now getting into top ten range on these boards. His game IQ is crazy good but threat is meh.
He's mid to late first talent even if he does go higher in this weak ass draft
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Funcrusher » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:14 am

Orange21 wrote:I like it. I agree with a lot of it, specifically your take on RJ. But Iā€™m curious as to why you have Romeo so low. From the games Iā€™ve seen it seems like he does everything pretty well, with only his perimeter shooting being a little iffy.

Initially was skeptical of Romeo given his average athleticism and handle, wondered how he'd be able to consistently create at the next level. Now i've actually warmed up to him though because as you said he's pretty much above-average in every other aspect of his game. Fluid athleticism, crafty scorer with a great frame and physical tools for a wing, outside of threes is capable of hitting tough pullup shots, ability to weave through spaces with hesitation moves/change of pace. I just wish his three ball would come along, but besides that he's definitely looking like a lotto guy.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Funcrusher » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:35 am

Expanded big board:

1. Zion Williamson
2. Jarrett Culver
3. Kevin Porter Jr.
4. Darius Garland
5. Jontay Porter
6. Ja Morant
7. RJ Barrett
8. Romeo Langford
9. Bol Bol
10. Deā€™Andre Hunter
11. Grant Williams
12. Talen Horton-Tucker
13. Jaxson Hayes
14. Nassir Little
15. Sekou Doumbouya
16. Keldon Johnson
17. Nickeil Alexander-Walker
18. Cam Reddish
19. Brandon Clarke
20. Tre Jones
21. Coby White
22. Bruno Fernando
23. Ignas Brazdeikis
24, Shamorie Ponds
25. Killian Tillie
26. Kezie Okpala
27. Daniel Gafford
28. Tyrese Haliburton
29. Jordan Poole
30. PJ Washington

31. Zach Norvell
32. Isaiah Roby
33. Deividas Sirvydis
34. Simi Shittu
35. Carsen Edwards
36. Goga Bitadze
37. Luguentz Dort
38. Rui Hachimura
39. Charles Bassey
40. Ty Jerome
41. Matisse Thybulle
42. Luka Samanic
43. Aric Holman
44. Josh Reaves
45. Dean Wade
46. Dylan Windler
47. Miye Oni
48. Jalen Lecque
49. Charles Matthews
50. Admiral Schofield
51. Eric Paschall
52. Sagaba Konate
53. Kerwin Roach
54. Markus Howard
55. Cameron Johnson
56. Dedric Lawson
57. Ethan Happ
58. Tadas Sedekerskis
59. Lagerald Vick
60. Udoka Azubuike
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#8 » by EvanZ » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:02 pm

This is really similar to my board. So I guess I love it.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#9 » by GimmeDat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:10 am

This is a pretty confident board. I like it as well. I don't think I would put RJ down that far myself, but I think this is a very reasonable take that not many people are going with - RJ has some serious flaws. Also a confident take dropping Reddish that far, he definitely hasn't played like a lottery pick so far this season.

I'm a little skeptical on Grant Williams translation to the NBA, I'll still have to be won over on that one. Also wouldn't have Rui that low, though I get it.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Funcrusher » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:35 pm

New board time! Some big time risers and fallers this time around. Hayes/Cam/RJ/Schofield up, KPJ/Bol/Samanic down, Naz Reid in, Shittu out. Let me know what you guys think.

1. Zion Williamson
2. Jarrett Culver
3. RJ Barrett
4. Darius Garland
5. Jontay Porter
6. Ja Morant
7. Jaxson Hayes
8. Romeo Langford
9. Kevin Porter Jr.
10. Deā€™Andre Hunter
11. Grant Williams
12. Cam Reddish
13. Talen Horton-Tucker
14. Nassir Little
15. Sekou Doumbouya
16. Bol Bol
17. Keldon Johnson
18. Nickeil Alexander-Walker
19. Brandon Clarke
20. Tre Jones
21. Coby White
22. Bruno Fernando
23. Shamorie Ponds
24. Killian Tillie
25. Kezie Okpala
26. Ignas Brazdeikis
27. Daniel Gafford
28. Tyrese Haliburton
29. Jordan Poole
30. PJ Washington

31. Deividas Sirvydis
32. Zach Norvell
33. Isaiah Roby
34. Carsen Edwards
35. Goga Bitadze
36. Luguentz Dort
37. Naz Reid
38. Rui Hachimura
39. Charles Bassey
40. Ty Jerome
41. Admiral Schofield
42. Matisse Thybulle
43. Aric Holman
44. Josh Reaves
45. Jalen Lecque
46. Dean Wade
47. Dylan Windler
48. Luka Samanic
49. Miye Oni
50. Charles Matthews
51. Eric Paschall
52. Sagaba Konate
53. Kerwin Roach
54. Markus Howard
55. Cameron Johnson
56. Dedric Lawson
57. Ethan Happ
58. Tadas Sedekerskis
59. Lagerald Vick
60. Udoka Azubuike
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#11 » by EvanZ » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:09 pm

I was going to say it's similar to my board, but I guess I already said that last time lol.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#12 » by Stillwater » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:41 pm

I was anticipating Culver to shoot up boards before the season even questioning some who didn't have him in the first, but aside from eye test failures to live up to Culver's level I have a difficult time thinking he is a better pro prospect then Barrett, K.Porter, Morant and a couple others are right about the same in Little and Reddish.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Funcrusher » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:04 pm

1st round:

1. Zion Williamson
2. Ja Morant
3. Jarrett Culver
4. Darius Garland
5. RJ Barrett
6. Brandon Clarke
7. Jaxson Hayes
8. Coby White
9. Bol Bol
10. Deā€™Andre Hunter
11. Talen Horton-Tucker
12. Grant Williams
13. Goga Bitadze
14. Kevin Porter Jr.
15. PJ Washington
16. Cam Reddish
17. Romeo Langford
18. Matisse Thybulle
19. Tyler Herro
20. Deividas Sirvydis
21. Bruno Fernando
22. Killian Tillie
23. Sekou Doumbouya
24. Nassir Little
25. Nickeil Alexander-Walker
26. Mfiondu Kabengele
27. Chuma Okeke
28. Ignas Brazdeikis
29. Tre Jones
30. Nicholas Claxton
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Funcrusher » Thu Apr 4, 2019 10:47 pm

top 45

1. Zion Williamson
2. Ja Morant
3. Jarrett Culver
4. Darius Garland
5. RJ Barrett
6. Brandon Clarke
7. Jaxson Hayes
8. Coby White
9. Bol Bol
10. Deā€™Andre Hunter
11. Talen Horton-Tucker
12. Goga Bitadze
13. Kevin Porter Jr.
14. Sekou Doumbouya
15. PJ Washington
16. Cam Reddish
17. Romeo Langford
18. Matisse Thybulle
19. Tyler Herro
20. Deividas Sirvydis
21. Bruno Fernando
22. Killian Tillie
23. Grant Williams
24. Chuma Okeke
25. Mfiondu Kabengele
26. Nassir Little
27. Nickeil Alexander-Walker
28. Ignas Brazdeikis
29. Tre Jones
30. Nicholas Claxton

31. Xavier Johnson
32. Keldon Johnson
33. Jordan Poole
34. Ty Jerome
35. Cameron Johnson
36. Shamorie Ponds
37. Luguentz Dort
38. Rui Hachimura
39. Carsen Edwards
40. Jalen Lecque
41. Daniel Gafford
42. Kezie Okpala
43. Isaiah Roby
44. Dylan Windler
45. Jontay Porter
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#15 » by LloydFree » Thu Apr 4, 2019 11:03 pm

The GM's that select Matisse Thybulle in the top 20 and Tre Jones in the 1st round ought to be fired on the spot.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#16 » by Patsfan1081 » Sun Apr 7, 2019 1:19 pm

LloydFree wrote:The GM's that select Matisse Thybulle in the top 20 and Tre Jones in the 1st round ought to be fired on the spot.

I wouldn't mind if Boston used their own pick on Young, they've struggled to find a pass first backup pg for years now. I wouldn't touch Thybulle though, even with a early second.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Funcrusher » Sun Apr 7, 2019 7:11 pm

y'all bugging. how you can look at Thybulle and not see him filling an immediate role on an NBA team? As a roleplayer he has one of the more projectable skillsets in the draft. if you can find a better perimeter defender in this draft, y'all lemme know.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Funcrusher » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:02 am

1. Zion Williamson
2. Ja Morant
3. Darius Garland
4. Jarrett Culver
5. RJ Barrett
6. Brandon Clarke
7. Coby White
8. Bol Bol
9. Jaxson Hayes
10. Deā€™Andre Hunter
11. Talen Horton-Tucker
12. Goga Bitadze
13. Kevin Porter Jr.
14. Sekou Doumbouya
15. PJ Washington
16. Cam Reddish
17. Romeo Langford
18. Matisse Thybulle
19. Tyler Herro
20. Deividas Sirvydis
21. Grant Williams
22. Killian Tillie
23. Nickeil Alexander-Walker
24. Chuma Okeke
25. Mfiondu Kabengele
26. Nassir Little
27. Ignas Brazdeikis
28. Keldon Johnson
29. Bruno Fernando
30. Nicolas Claxton

31. Jordan Poole
32. Joshua Obiesie
33. Ty Jerome
34. Cam Johnson
35. Luguentz Dort
36. Carsen Edwards
37. Rui Hachimura
38. Eric Paschall
39. Neemias Queta
40. Shamorie Ponds
41. Isaiah Roby
42. Daniel Gafford
43. Kezie Okpala
44. Dylan Windler
45. Jontay Porter
46. Charles Bassey
47. Miye Oni
48. Charles Matthews
49. Yovel Zoosman
50. Jalen Lecque
51. Terence Davis
52. Jalen McDaniels
53. Zach Norvell
54. Jon Teske
55. Josh Reaves
56. Admiral Schofield
57. Sagaba Konate
58. Naz Reid
59. Kerwin Roach
60. Luka Samanic
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by Funcrusher » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:47 am

rankings based on ceiling:

Tier 1(High End MVP Ceiling): ex., LeBron, Curry, Giannis
Zion Williamson

Tier 2(Low End MVP Ceiling): ex., Lillard, Gobert, Butler
Ja Morant
Darius Garland
Bol Bol
Kevin Porter Jr.
Talen Horton-Tucker
Cam Reddish

Tier 3(High End All Star Ceiling): ex., Griffin, Horford, Kemba, Siakam
Jarrett Culver
RJ Barrett
Jaxson Hayes
Coby White
Goga Bitadze
Sekou Doumbouya
DeAndre Hunter
Brandon Clarke
Nassir Little

Tier 4(Low End All Star/High End Starter Ceiling): ex., Covington, Redick, Draymond, Adams
PJ Washington
Matisse Thybulle
Romeo Langford
Tyler Herro
Deividas Sirvydis
Chuma Okeke
Grant Williams
Nickeil-Alexander Walker
Killian Tillie
Bruno Fernando
Nicholas Claxton
Mfiondu Kabengele
Luguentz Dort
Iggy Brazdeikis
Keldon Johnson
Jordan Poole
Joshua Obiesie

Tier 5(Low End Starter/High End Backup Ceiling):
Everyone else that's draftable
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Post#20 » by ElectricMayhem » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:29 am

Come on, give us some Nick Ward love, even if it is 58th or 59th. :)
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!

Return to Mock Drafts