5. Sekou Doumbouya, PF, Limoges
6. Coby White, PG/SG, North Carolina
7. Jarrett Culver, SG/SF, Texas Tech

8. Ja Morant, PG, Murray St.
9. Tyler Herro, SG, Kentucky
10. De'Andre Hunter, SF/PF, Virginia
11. Jaxson Hayes, C, Texas
12. P.J. Washington, PF, Kentucky
13. Talen Horton-Tucker, PG/SG, Iowa St.
14. Cameron Reddish, SF, Duke
15. Carsen Edwards, PG, Purdue
16. Goga Bitadze, C, Mega Bemax

17. Matisse Thybulle, SG/SF, Washington
18. Brandon Clarke, PF/C, Gonzaga
19. Kevin Porter Jr., SG, USC
20. Romeo Langford, SG, Indiana
21. Mfiondu Kabengele, PF/C, Florida St.
22. Nicolas Claxton, C, Georgia
23. Grant Williams, PF, Tennessee
24. Chuma Okeke, SF/PF, Auburn
25. Rui Hachimura, SF/PF, Gonzaga
26. Ignas Brazdeikis, SF, Michigan
27. Jontay Porter, PF/C, Missouri
28. Darius Bazley, SF/PF, G League
29. Jalen Lecque, PG, Brewster Academy
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Re: Clyde's BB, Pos. Rankings, and general draft talk 

Post#2 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:06 am

PGs
1. Darius Garland, Vanderbilt
2. Coby White, North Carolina
3. Ja Morant, Murray St.
4. Carsen Edwards, Purdue
5. Jalen Lecque, Brewster Academy
6. Jordan Poole, Michigan
clyde21
RealGM

Post#3 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:06 am

SGs:
1. Tyler Herro, Kentucky
2. Talen Horton-Tucker, Iowa St.
3. Kevin Porter Jr., USC
4. Romeo Langford, Indiana
clyde21
RealGM

Post#4 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:07 am

SF
1. R.J. Barrett, Duke
2. Jarrett Culver, Texas Tech
3. Cameron Reddish, Duke
4. Matisse Thybulle, Washington
5. Rui Hachiumura, Gonzaga
6. Iggy Brazdeikis, Michigan
clyde21
RealGM

Post#5 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:07 am

PFs
1. Zion Williamson, Duke
2. Sekou Doumbouya, Limoges
3. De'Andre Hunter, Virginia
4. P.J. Washington, Kentucky
5. Grant Williams, Tennessee
6. Chuma Okeke, Auburn
7. Darius Bazley, G League
clyde21
RealGM

Post#6 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:08 am

Cs
1. Bol Bol, Oregon
2. Jaxson Hayes, Texas
3. Goga Bitadze, Mega Bemax
4. Brandon Clarke, Gonzaga
5. Mfiondu Kabengele, Florida St.
6. Nicolas Claxton, Georgia
7. Jontay Porter, Missouri
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#7 » by EvanZ » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:53 am

How in the hell do you have Grimes 6? He’s been awful. Quentin Coldwater is better.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#8 » by clyde21 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:56 pm

EvanZ wrote:How in the hell do you have Grimes 6? He’s been awful. Quentin Coldwater is better.

counting stats are not impressive at this point and admittedly he needs to be more aggressive and tends to 'get lost in the shuffle' for long stretches at Kansas, but the total package as a modern day CG is incredible. he's going to get severely underdrafted.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,216

Post#9 » by Funcrusher » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:13 pm

clyde21 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:How in the hell do you have Grimes 6? He’s been awful. Quentin Coldwater is better.

counting stats are not impressive at this point and admittedly he needs to be more aggressive and tends to 'get lost in the shuffle' for long stretches at Kansas, but the total package as a modern day CG is incredible. he's going to get severely underdrafted.

As in what? And it's not just counting stats that are unimpressive; his advanced numbers are godawful any way you slice it. Of course I agree he's not as terrible as his numbers suggest, but I don't really know what he does at an above average level right now. He's got nice size and is a ok passer, but everything else has been a disappointment. I'm not trying to be a dick, but I feel like there's something i'm missing here.
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#10 » by clyde21 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:27 pm

Funcrusher wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

As in what? There's nothing that screams incredible about Quentin Grimes. And it's not just counting stats that are unimpressive; his advanced numbers are godawful any way you slice it. I'm not trying to be a dick, but I feel like there's something i'm missing here.

i mean, we can go down the lip. he's built well, with a good baseline of strength, length and functional athleticism. he's got a good handle, smooth jumper both on and off-dribble, is constantly cutting and relocating off-ball, embraces ball-movement and all of his decisions are quick and efficient, can easily defend the 1 and 2 and almost never loses his man on the perimeter.

other than the counting stats, he's an NBA player playing in a college system that features too many players and there's just not enough touches/looks for him. now, he probably should be more aggressive and he tends to get lost in the shuffle a lot, but I'm banking on the talent that I know he has and would show in a better situation for him.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,216

Post#11 » by Funcrusher » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:48 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

As in what? There's nothing that screams incredible about Quentin Grimes. And it's not just counting stats that are unimpressive; his advanced numbers are godawful any way you slice it. I'm not trying to be a dick, but I feel like there's something i'm missing here.

i mean, we can go down the lip. he's built well, with a good baseline of strength, length and functional athleticism. he's got a good handle, smooth jumper both on and off-dribble, is constantly cutting and relocating off-ball, embraces ball-movement and all of his decisions are quick and efficient, can easily defend the 1 and 2 and almost never loses his man on the perimeter.

other than the counting stats, he's an NBA player playing in a college system that features too many players and there's just not enough touches/looks for him. now, he probably should be more aggressive and he tends to get lost in the shuffle a lot, but I'm banking on the talent that I know he has and would show in a better situation for him.

He's been a disappointment defensively imo. And it's nice that he has a solid handle, but given he doesn't really know how to create for himself to this point i don't really see the value that provides. His jumper's meh, i don't see it as a selling point for him either. I think he has starter potential, but developmentally that is a long ways away for him. I can't really see taking Grimes in the lottery, let alone top 10, but we can agree to disagree there.
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#12 » by clyde21 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:54 pm

Funcrusher wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:As in what? There's nothing that screams incredible about Quentin Grimes. And it's not just counting stats that are unimpressive; his advanced numbers are godawful any way you slice it. I'm not trying to be a dick, but I feel like there's something i'm missing here.

He's been a disappointment defensively imo. And it's nice that he has a solid handle, but given he doesn't really know how to create for himself to this point i don't really see the value that provides. His jumper's meh, i don't see it as a selling point for him either. I think he has starter potential, but developmentally that is a long ways away for him. I can't really see taking Grimes in the lottery, let alone top 10, but we can agree to disagree there.

yea, that's fair. i don't expect a lot of people to be on the same boat as me on this one. and granted, he needs to do a better job of being aggressive and that includes creating more opps for himself off-the-dribble, so we agree there.
clyde21
RealGM

Re: Clyde's 18 BB, Pos. Rankings, and general draft talk 

Post#13 » by clyde21 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 9:05 am

top 20 and positional updated 2/3

biggest mover for me is Herro.
clyde21
RealGM

Re: Clyde's 19 BB, Pos. Rankings, and general draft talk 

Post#14 » by clyde21 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 12:22 am

Few updates for big board and positional stuff....

- Removing Grimes all together at this point as there's a strong possibility he comes back...but will put him back accordingly (and pretty high) if he is in.

- Moving Nas all the way up to top 3 (where he belonged since the beginning). I believe in the talent more so than what we've seen with Roy at UNC, and I think we'll see more of that in the NBA than at UNC.

- had THT out of this draft in my earlier board but put him in now as I do think he'll declare unlike Grimes, and if he's in, he's a top 12 prospect IMO.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#15 » by clyde21 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:30 pm

adjusted top 20 updated in OP.

i'm getting over my Bol Bol will be injured in the NBA vibe. not that I don't think it's not there, but going back and watching some of his stuff that guy is just supremely talented, and his impact metrics are just obscene.

not a pick for the risk averse, though, as the injury flags are obvious. might make more sense for a team like Atlanta which will have 2 picks in the lottery so they might be willing to take that risk in the top 5.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#16 » by clyde21 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:34 pm

Iggy Braz and Isaiah Roby added to SF rankings.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#17 » by clyde21 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:29 pm

updated BB to reflect Agbaji and Wieskamp, even though there's a strong chance both are not even in this draft. Removed some names that I think also would be returning.

positional rankings updated also.

some notes:

moved Culver from SG to SF. I think he should be looked at more as a 3 than a 2, and I do think that actually makes him more intriguing for me as a prospect.

added Kab to the PFs rankings. i think he's solidly in the same range as McDaniels and Clarke for me.

this SG class has a chance to be an elite one if the right players declare. probably the deepest class in this draft.
LSandersBong
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#18 » by LSandersBong » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:26 am

Digging your rankings ! Any particular reason your not that high on Morant? Personally a huge fan, one of few players I can see with all-star potential. 7 seems a little low.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#19 » by clyde21 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:18 pm

LSandersBong wrote:Digging your rankings ! Any particular reason your not that high on Morant? Personally a huge fan, one of few players I can see with all-star potential. 7 seems a little low.

i think it's a good spot for him given his questions marks: can he run offense at a high level and does he have an off-ball game? also i'm higher than most on the guys I have above him so it's not necessarily a dig against Morant.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#20 » by clyde21 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:48 pm

positional rankings updated.

limited the big board right now to the top 3 which I am pretty firm on. the rest there's just too much movement and a lot of 'closeness' so I'll wait until I get a clearer picture on 4-10.

Return to Mock Drafts