King Ken's Big Board (MS, PCP, FF/NC, Pre Draft, Combine, Mock)

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Re: King Ken's Big Board (MS, PCP, FF/NC, Pre Draft, Combine, Mock) 

Post#21 » by King Ken » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:17 am

Justwar wrote:Fletcher Magee I don't think should be even top 100, good college guy in a good system, extremely limited against any kind of focus on him

He is a potential NBA player for me.

Tremendous 3 point shooting, off of screens, pull up, off the of dribble, and catch and shoot. Just a versatile 3pt shooter. He showed flashes a scoring within the paint as a junior as regress a tad as a senior as teams were running him off the of 3 point line. He extended his range from 3 as well. He moves off the ball extremely well. He fights on defense but he has a long way to go before he is helpful defensively. He will get 2nd round looks. Especially after workouts. He is a limited player but he has at least one legit great NBA skill. He will have to work. The one thing we saw from PIT is he has work to do become a NBA player.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#22 » by Stillwater » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:14 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:I don't agree with some of your takes about the ceilings; Keldon Johnson, Bassey, Hoard(2020), Carson Edwards and Jalen Smith(2020) all are high ceiling prospects imo.but overall this is pretty well thought out and you have some good observations here.

Hoard is 19 for sure

Interesting, thought he was returning.
He is a mid 1st ceiling prospect in 19 whereas maybe could have moved up in 2020.
I think he could become a John Collins type player in a couple seasons.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
King Ken
General Manager

Post#23 » by King Ken » Wed May 1, 2019 3:53 am

Not a fan of doing mock drafts but if I had to shoot at a pre-lottery-combine one. Here it is:

1. NYK- Zion
2. CLE - R.J.
3. CHI - Morant
4. PHX - Garland
5. ATL - Reddish
6. WSH - Clarke
7. NO - White
8. MEM - Hunter
9. ATL - Hayes
10. MIN - Sekou
11. LAL - Bol
12. CHA - Rui
13. MIA - Washington - I can see this being a trade down spot. I can see that for a lot of this board but especially here. I could honestly see Washington dropping big honestly. Him, Langford, Culver, Porter Jr., Little if you think he's a top 10 pick could drop.
14. BOS - Goga
15. DET - Okpala
16. ORL - NAW
17. BRK - Culver
18. IND - Herro
19. SA - Nas Little
20. BOS - Ty Jerome
21. OKC - Mfiondu Kabengele - I think they could look at guards too. They will go BPA.
22. BOS - Talen Horton-Tucker - I went with the most PDS guy on the board. I went chalk for PDS guys for Boston.
23. UTA - Grant Williams
24. PHI - Kyle Guy, not in my top 100 yet due to not knowing he would enter, he will be in the top 30 next time.
25. POR - McDaniels
26. CLE - Gafford
27. BRK - Nic Claxton
28. GS - Keldon Johnson
29. SA - Chuma Okeke
30. MIL - Romeo Langford - Trade down slot. MIL will look for multiple 2nd rounders. Langford's potential says top 10 pick but he is so raw and he can't shoot. Should have returned back to college like Tre Jones did. I would not be surprised if he fell out of the 1st round. The modern NBA is not a good fit for him.
31. BRK - Kevin Porter Jr. - He is gonna get killed during the process. The Gerald Willis III of the NBA draft of this year. He will have some good workouts.

Players who I think will be 1st rounders but I didn't list them:
Dylan Windler, Cameron Johnson, and Matisse Thybulle. But seniors are always hard to predict. Teams usually have to fall in love with them and since workouts haven't happened yet, I just don't know yet.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#24 » by Stillwater » Wed May 1, 2019 4:35 am

I don't think anyone is taking Kyle Guy in the first.
Unless someone sees him as a 1 guard going forward,I don't.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#25 » by King Ken » Wed May 1, 2019 4:47 am

Stillwater wrote:I don't think anyone is taking Kyle Guy in the first.

Kyle Guy will attract a lot of attention in this draft. .426% from 3 with 7.4 in this system with all types of 3 point shots. He will attract a lot of attention in the late 1st. He is my big mover.

Shooting is where the league is going. Especially if the shooter has athletic ability.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#26 » by Stillwater » Wed May 1, 2019 1:11 pm

King Ken wrote:

Kyle Guy will attract a lot of attention in this draft. .426% from 3 with 7.4 in this system with all types of 3 point shots. He will attract a lot of attention in the late 1st. He is my big mover.

Shooting is where the league is going. Especially if the shooter has athletic ability.

Yeah he is a above average skilled offensive prospect who is incapable of defending NBA 2 guards and forwards. Maybe ATL should take him sounds like their mo ...I like him in the high 2nd not the first
King Ken
General Manager

Post#27 » by King Ken » Wed May 1, 2019 1:14 pm

Stillwater wrote:
King Ken wrote:

Yeah he is a above average skilled offensive prospect who is incapable of defending NBA 2 guards and forwards. Maybe ATL should take him sounds like their mo ...I like him in the high 2nd not the first

It's possible but I think he will be a 1st rounder.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#28 » by King Ken » Sun May 5, 2019 12:51 am

I might do a post-lottery board. Much won't change, just adding players who I didn't know was going to be in this class who have a realistic chance of staying entered.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst
And1: 4,957

Post#29 » by Mind_Odyssey » Sun May 5, 2019 1:12 am

I’d hate to pass on Ja Morant even with Sexton.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#30 » by King Ken » Sun May 5, 2019 3:33 am

Mind_Odyssey wrote:I’d hate to pass on Ja Morant even with Sexton.

I speak to a number of fans of the Cavs and some want Morant the most. Just the issue is, those in the organization have communicated that R.J. is #2 in a tier of his own. Workouts should go well so he should only lock down that position for CLE.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#31 » by Stillwater » Sun May 5, 2019 1:33 pm

King Ken wrote:
Mind_Odyssey wrote:I’d hate to pass on Ja Morant even with Sexton.

I speak to a number of fans of the Cavs and some want Morant the most. Just the issue is, those in the organization have communicated that R.J. is #2 in a tier of his own. Workouts should go well so he should only lock down that position for CLE.

Yeah I think it's more likely Morant as high as his ceiling is only makes sense if CLE sees Sexton as a 6th man at best. I'm not sold they do and there is an argument they could coexist but that would be a bad defense so I don't buy it.
If they take Morant it would probably be at a point of BPA and flip him
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,691

Post#32 » by G R E Y » Fri May 10, 2019 6:34 pm

King Ken wrote:Not a fan of doing mock drafts but if I had to shoot at a pre-lottery-combine one. Here it is:

1. NYK- Zion
2. CLE - R.J.
3. CHI - Morant
4. PHX - Garland
5. ATL - Reddish
6. WSH - Clarke
7. NO - White
8. MEM - Hunter
9. ATL - Hayes
10. MIN - Sekou
11. LAL - Bol
12. CHA - Rui
13. MIA - Washington - I can see this being a trade down spot. I can see that for a lot of this board but especially here. I could honestly see Washington dropping big honestly. Him, Langford, Culver, Porter Jr., Little if you think he's a top 10 pick could drop.
14. BOS - Goga
15. DET - Okpala
16. ORL - NAW
17. BRK - Culver
18. IND - Herro
19. SA - Nas Little
20. BOS - Ty Jerome
21. OKC - Mfiondu Kabengele - I think they could look at guards too. They will go BPA.
22. BOS - Talen Horton-Tucker - I went with the most PDS guy on the board. I went chalk for PDS guys for Boston.
23. UTA - Grant Williams
24. PHI - Kyle Guy, not in my top 100 yet due to not knowing he would enter, he will be in the top 30 next time.
25. POR - McDaniels
26. CLE - Gafford
27. BRK - Nic Claxton
28. GS - Keldon Johnson
29. SA - Chuma Okeke
30. MIL - Romeo Langford - Trade down slot. MIL will look for multiple 2nd rounders. Langford's potential says top 10 pick but he is so raw and he can't shoot. Should have returned back to college like Tre Jones did. I would not be surprised if he fell out of the 1st round. The modern NBA is not a good fit for him.
31. BRK - Kevin Porter Jr. - He is gonna get killed during the process. The Gerald Willis III of the NBA draft of this year. He will have some good workouts.

Dylan Windler, Cameron Johnson, and Matisse Thybulle. But seniors are always hard to predict. Teams usually have to fall in love with them and since workouts haven't happened yet, I just don't know yet.

Either my eyes deceive me or Bruno isn't on your list? Is that an oversight or do you not think he is first round material? Some mocks I've seen so far have Rui and Bruno within our range. Rui I've seen as high as 4(!) but most have him from mid to late lotto to around 20. Same for Bruno, mid to late lotto to 20s. If we could end up with either I'd be really happy. But then again, I've been really happy with who the Spurs have drafted and I predicted none of them. Lonnie dropping was a pleasant surprise last year, and so I didn't even include him as a possibility. Here's hoping for some more fortuitous movement and other gems landing in our ranges.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
King Ken
General Manager

Post#33 » by King Ken » Fri May 10, 2019 8:46 pm

GREY 1769 wrote:
King Ken wrote:Not a fan of doing mock drafts but if I had to shoot at a pre-lottery-combine one. Here it is:

1. NYK- Zion
2. CLE - R.J.
3. CHI - Morant
4. PHX - Garland
5. ATL - Reddish
6. WSH - Clarke
7. NO - White
8. MEM - Hunter
9. ATL - Hayes
10. MIN - Sekou
11. LAL - Bol
12. CHA - Rui
14. BOS - Goga
15. DET - Okpala
16. ORL - NAW
17. BRK - Culver
18. IND - Herro
19. SA - Nas Little
20. BOS - Ty Jerome
23. UTA - Grant Williams
25. POR - McDaniels
26. CLE - Gafford
27. BRK - Nic Claxton
28. GS - Keldon Johnson
29. SA - Chuma Okeke

Either my eyes deceive me or Bruno isn't on your list? Is that an oversight or do you not think he is first round material? Some mocks I've seen so far have Rui and Bruno within our range. Rui I've seen as high as 4(!) but most have him from mid to late lotto to around 20. Same for Bruno, mid to late lotto to 20s. If we could end up with either I'd be really happy. But then again, I've been really happy with who the Spurs have drafted and I predicted none of them. Lonnie dropping was a pleasant surprise last year, and so I didn't even include him as a possibility. Here's hoping for some more fortuitous movement and other gems landing in our ranges.

I left him off by accident. I had him in a specific range, lost track and forgot about him. He was in my range of 18-26.

I was actually considering him for 19 with your Spurs but if Nas was available, Pop ain't passing him up.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,691

Post#34 » by G R E Y » Sat May 11, 2019 3:19 am

King Ken wrote:
Spoiler:
GREY 1769 wrote:

1. NYK- Zion
2. CLE - R.J.
3. CHI - Morant
4. PHX - Garland
5. ATL - Reddish
6. WSH - Clarke
7. NO - White
8. MEM - Hunter
9. ATL - Hayes
10. MIN - Sekou
11. LAL - Bol
12. CHA - Rui
14. BOS - Goga
15. DET - Okpala
16. ORL - NAW
17. BRK - Culver
18. IND - Herro
19. SA - Nas Little
20. BOS - Ty Jerome
23. UTA - Grant Williams
25. POR - McDaniels
26. CLE - Gafford
27. BRK - Nic Claxton
28. GS - Keldon Johnson
29. SA - Chuma Okeke

I left him off by accident. I had him in a specific range, lost track and forgot about him. He was in my range of 18-26.

I was actually considering him for 19 with your Spurs but if Nas was available, Pop ain't passing him up.

Appreciate it, thanks, King Ken. I'm always playing catch up with prospects this time of year as I don't follow college bball nearly as much as NBA, so it's good to hear about other players other fans have in mind. I'll look into Nas and Chuma more now, thanks. Good list and reasons for the choices where you've given them.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
King Ken
General Manager

Post#35 » by King Ken » Sat May 11, 2019 4:11 am

GREY 1769 wrote:
King Ken wrote:
Spoiler:
GREY 1769 wrote:Either my eyes deceive me or Bruno isn't on your list? Is that an oversight or do you not think he is first round material? Some mocks I've seen so far have Rui and Bruno within our range. Rui I've seen as high as 4(!) but most have him from mid to late lotto to around 20. Same for Bruno, mid to late lotto to 20s. If we could end up with either I'd be really happy. But then again, I've been really happy with who the Spurs have drafted and I predicted none of them. Lonnie dropping was a pleasant surprise last year, and so I didn't even include him as a possibility. Here's hoping for some more fortuitous movement and other gems landing in our ranges.

Appreciate it, thanks, King Ken. I'm always playing catch up with prospects this time of year as I don't follow college bball nearly as much as NBA, so it's good to hear about other players other fans have in mind. I'll look into Nas and Chuma more now, thanks. Good list and reasons for the choices where you've given them.

Nassir has all of the tools and talent, he just needs time to develop.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#36 » by King Ken » Wed May 15, 2019 3:15 am

Mock Draft Update: Adding Bruno F.

1. NO - Zion
2. MEM - Morant - I do think Conley will be traded regardless of this pick.
3. NYK- Barrett
4. LAL - Hunter/Bol strong believer that this pick will be traded to NO but if it is or isn't. These are the likely options for both teams.
5. CLE - Culver/Hunter, trade down candidate.
6. PHX - White, he fits next to Booker more than Garland and both can shoot so I think they would go with best fit but look to trade down.
7. CHI - Garland
8. ATL - Reddish
9. WSH - Clarke
10. ATL - Hayes
11. MIN - Sekou
12. CHA - Bol
13. MIA - Rui
14. BOS - Goga
15. DET - Okpala
16. ORL - NAW
17. BRK - Washington
18. IND - Herro
19. SA - Nas Little
20. BOS - Ty Jerome
23. UTA - Grant Williams
24. PHI - Bruno Fernando
25. POR - McDaniels
26. CLE - Kyle Guy
27. BRK - Nic Claxton
28. GS - Keldon Johnson
29. SA - Chuma Okeke
31. BRK - Kevin Porter Jr. - He is gonna get killed during the process. The Gerald Willis III of the NBA draft of this year. He will have some good workouts. Possibly could move up for me during the workout phase for the mock draft.

Big Mover: Culver - I am much more down on him than others but like Kyler Murray, some colleges got the system and style to get the most out of you and I think coach john beilein is perfect for Culver and he admires him as a player. He also is polished which is something he covets more than anything. He has the personality as well. I can see him going to Cleveland. For me, it's critical that the coach buys in to Culver and I think they will. I don't see Cleveland passing on him.

Big Drop: P.J. Washington - Once Rui dropped to Miami, I don't see them passing on him. Washington took a tumble just due to how close these players are graded to each other in my eyes.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#37 » by King Ken » Sat Jun 1, 2019 3:59 am

Mock Draft Update: 5/31/2019

1. NO - Zion
2. MEM - Morant
3. NYK- Barrett (Possible Trade)
4. LAL – Garland but this could be traded in a package for AD. In that case, it’s Hunter.
5. CLE - Culver, trade up candidate. In that case, at this spot, could be Cam Reddish.
6. PHX - White, he fits next to Booker more than Garland and both can shoot so I think they would go with best fit but look to trade down.
7. CHI - Hunter
8. ATL - Reddish
9. WSH - Goga
10. ATL - Clarke
11. MIN - Rui
12. CHA - Sekou
13. MIA - Little
14. BOS - Bol
15. DET - Langford
16. ORL - NAW
17. BRK - Washington
18. IND - Herro
19. SA – Hayes
20. BOS - Ty Jerome
21. OKC – Thybulle
23. UTA - Okpala
24. PHI – Nic Claxton
25. POR - Mfiondu Kabengele
26. CLE - Bruno Fernando
27. BRK – Kevin Porter Jr.
28. GS - Keldon Johnson
29. SA - Cameron Johnson
30. MIL - Luka Samanic

Big Movers: Langford. Great interviews, teams in the mid 1st like him and need SG's. He is placed himself in the top 15 when I really didn't have him as a top 20 prospect.

Claxton - He will be coveted because he is NBA skill-set ready even if he maybe a year or two away from any real impact.

Big Losers: Centers in general, Outside of Goga, I have everyone dropping. It's losing it's value and you gotta be diverse to get the high marks.

Grant Williams - He was a 1st round lock but he might have issues translating. In this fluid of a draft, he could fall out of the 1st round.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#38 » by King Ken » Sat Jun 1, 2019 4:14 am

After the NBA Combine Big board.

Update: 5/31/2019

Tier 1: Superstar potential
1. Zion - Elite floor, Elite but NOT a HOF ceiling, fit will play a role if he becomes an superstar level player. As special as they come. Even if others may have potential, no one should pass up on him for any reason whatsoever.

Tier 2: All Star potential

2t. R.J. Barrett - High floor, very high ceiling, could be one of the best players in the league in the right situation. Like this entire in this class, fit is important for Barrett long term.

2t. Ja Morant - One of the best talents in this class but one has to seriously question his floor. A bad fit could limit his impact. Best to put him around shooters. Special PG talent.

Tier 3.5: Decent Role player potential with All Star possibilities down the road. I do see these guys as Day 1 contributors.

4t. Reddish - Semi low floor, very high ceiling. System based player.

4t. Brandon Clarke - Mid high floor, very high ceiling, I strongly believe he can be the next DeMarre Carroll with Shawn Marion level athleticism. System based player. Will need time to translate into a SF.

4t. Darius Garland - Low mid floor, high ceiling.

4t. Bol - High floor and very high ceiling? System based player. Extremely bad flaws. Extremely good strengths.

4t. Coby White - Semi-Mid floor and high ceiling, System based player

Tier 4: Decent Role player potential or raw with AS possibilities. Deep Tier 4 class. One of the best in years. Of course, some of these guys could return.

9t. Jaxson Hayes - Low floor with high ceiling, Hayes has a blend of J. Noah, Capela and Robin Lopez in him. He is so far from ready to play, anyone who takes him will likely send him to the G-League for a season. System based player

9t. DeAndre Hunter - Very high floor with mid ceiling, you are looking at a Otto Porter Jr/Ron Artest type who can help you right away. He can fit any system to a degree and he fits the modern NBA. 4
9t. Romeo Langford - Low floor/High ceiling, low end All Star potential but he has a lot of work to do. Work ethic will be critical with this one.

9t. Nassir Little – Big mover with Romeo, at the end of the day, even with a lower end floor, his ceiling I low end All Star and that matters.

9t. Rui - Teams will underrate him but he is a critical piece to a PnR team looking for a high end PnR finisher who can switch. May never be a superstar but in the right fit, you got someone who can really play. High floor, high mid ceiling. System based player. – Rui moved up a level as he has shown me he is a legit prospect of the tier 4.

9t. Mfiondu Kabengele - Low floor, mid high ceiling and not a system based player. He will generate a lot of attention in the mid 1st to late 1st range. To me, he is a prospect that you must look at due to his ability to fit the modern game. – Great workouts, moved up.

9t. Goga Bitadze - Mid floor, mid high ceiling who is a system based player. The right team will have to draft him but in the right system, he could be more than valuable. – Great 2nd half of the season, moved up.

9t. Jarrett Culver - mid high floor with a lower-mid ceiling who would be at his best in a PG based role. Jalen Rose type. – Move up as he is better than I previously stated, I still have my doubts.

9t. Sekou - low floor with high ceiling who has tremendous smallball four potential. Not the next Siakam but he can be very good down the road. – Great 2nd half of the season, moved up.

18. Bruno Fernando - mid floor with mid potential who has play in numerous systems but could be very good in the right one. Good pickup in this range.

19t. Tyler Herro - Low Floor, semi high ceiling with tremendous work ethic. Will need to adjust to the NBA game but has potential.

19t. P.J. Washington - Mid Floor, Mid potential who has a projectable jumper. David West type.

19t. Nickeil Alexander-Walker - mid floor with mid potential who can be a good role player for most teams in time. Gary Harris type

19t. Talen Horton-Tucker - Lower low floor with a semi high ceiling. His projectability is everything. Teams love him, moving on up.

19t. KZ Okpala - Low floor/High ceiling who is a system based player. System/culture/and fit will be critical. His ceiling is one of the highest in this class.

24t. Keldon Johnson - mid floor with mid potential who is a system player. Needs to be protected.

24t. Grant Williams - High floor/Low ceiling. High quality late 1st round pick, wouldn't risk taking him 20 or better.

24t. Matisse Thybulle - Lower mid floor/Semi High ceiling. Has starting role player potential.

24t. Nic Claxton - Low floor, Semi high ceiling. System versatility. Could be a big mover if he enters. His ceiling and skill-set is legit.

24t. Luka Samanic – Low mid floor with high mid ceiling. Could be a rich man’s Niko Mirotic.

29t. Jalen McDaniels- Teams have been high on his ceiling and role playing potential off the bench for awhile. He is a Swiss army knife and teams could see him as the big man's version of Terrance Ferguson. I can see him going in this range and his floor is higher than people think.

29t. Gafford - More of a 2nd round floor. He does play the PnR well, move well and space and flash potential in space on defense. He is more inconsistent but his potential to be a two way player who can defend in space on defense and play in space on offense makes his NBA ceiling higher than most in this range. Teams will be higher on him after workouts. His ability to play in space on both ends will appeal to a lot of teams looking for a big who can protect others, especially on D in the switching parts of the game.

29t. Kevin Porter Jr. - Low floor/High ceiling with questionable work ethic and character. – I haven’t heard nothing to move him up higher. He is lucky he plays a need position where teams will overlook the weaknesses for the potential.

29t. Cameron Johnson - Big mover, lower mid floor/semi high ceiling. More NBA ready than Final Four hero Justin Jackson. He is a clearly better NBA prospect to me.

33t. Admiral Schofield - semi low floor/semi high ceiling - I see a lot of P.J. Tucker long term is Scho in flashes. I need to see more of Scho, Tennessee just hasn't been a team I've watched a lot of. This is could change the time the draft is here.

33t. Ty Jerome - Not quite the shooter Shamet was but a better PG and a much better defender. But he doesn't have the positional versatility that Shamet had. Jerome really is a PG. Potential to be a low end starter in the NBA which is pretty good for a 2nd round grade. high floor/semi low ceiling.

33t. Darius Bazley – Very low floor, high ceiling. Excellent value in this range.

33t. Isaiah Roby - Isaiah Roby - 3/D potential ceiling. 6'8, has the size, can get blocks and steals. His shooting needs work. Doesn't quite have the athletic ability. Clearly a 2/way guy. Some will say he has RoCo potential but he really going to have to improve his shooting. Guys like Ennis and Covington shot it better but than again, they played for small schools, not in the Big 12. For positions where they have taller better bigger players, we should take it more seriously as well seen with guys like Taurean Prince. – Had an excellent combine. Moved into my top 35.

33t. Terance Davis – Measureables are there, hand size, skill, athletic ability, Davis has a great chance to be a major sleeper in this class long term.

33t. Justin Harper – Another kid who just has so much talent and ability and really can be good. I really compare him to Ben Gordon and another kid in this class (Justin Wright-Foreman).

33t. Terrance Mann - I actually like his potential. Clearly 2/way contract. Not NBA ready whatsoever but he does show enough to play in the G-League and see if he can have a NBA career. Low floor/low mid ceiling. – I bumped his floor to low high and his ceiling to mid. 1st round potential to me long term.

33t. Tremont Waters – He had a major bump. The only PG outside of tier 4 to just into tier 4. Tremendous talent. D.J. Augustin like potential. Higher floor than many will expect, low mid ceiling.

33t. Kyle Guy – low mid floor, mid ceiling, Guy is a polished prospect with the potential to be a decent NBA player in the long run.
33t. Tyler Cook – very low floor with mid high potential, a player who lacks the feel of the game but the talent and athletic ability is there. Needs time and the right situation. Could be a steal.

33t. Chuma Okeke - Semi high floor with a mid ceiling. Injury dropped his value. Top 20 value when healthy!

33t Jontay Porter - Semi high floor with a high ceiling. Injuries have majorly dropped what would be a top 5-10 player in this draft.

Tier 5: Low floors with Decent Role player potential or career backups with limited potential - I don't

45. Justin Wright-Foreman - Ben Gordon like but not as long (6'6 wingspan compared to Ben's 6'8.25 wingspan). More skillful scorer than Ben, not as athletic which shows especially on defense. Good passing vision. Has potential as an instant scorer off the bench.

46t. Naz Reid - Brian Grant like - Semi mid floor, low mid ceiling. Limited on defense. Rotational piece for the NBA at the 5.

46t. Zach Norvell - semi low floor, semi high ceiling. Has two way potential. Consistency is an issue. Flashes Michael Redd potential.

46t. Tacko Fall - semi high floor, low ceiling. rotational big. system based player.

46t. Dylan Windler - semi mid floor, semi mid ceiling. system based player.

46t. Shamorie Ponds - High Floor/low ceiling. D.J. Augustin type depending on what you think. I will likely lean more Augustin.

46t. Jalen Lecque - Placeholder spot, I have no clue about him for now.

46t. Miye Oni - Low floor - high mid potential - I think he could be the Josh Richardson of this class in the right situation. Not sold he will come out as a 2nd rounder. His potential is his calling card.

46t. Louis King - Low floor - semi mid potential - Has the size and skill. I am not sure about the rest. Workouts will matter, if he does poorly, I can see him going back to Oregon.

54t. Marial Shayok - Low floor - semi mid potential, consistency is an issue for Shayok but his talent and skill as well as his body isn't. He will likely go undrafted but his development in the G-League could see him playing good in the NBA sooner than later. Sleeper.

54t. Carsen Edwards - Mid high floor with a low ceiling, shooting will be critical for his prospects. Moved up the list due to the tourney but I can see him having issues translating to the NBA. Shooting will be everything.

54t. Lindell Wigginton - 2020 prospect but low floor/mid ceiling. Can boost his ceiling in 2020. Has the ability.

54t. Markus Howard - More of a high European prospect. He is an elite scorer and shooter but not much else and his defense can be labeled as a better Jimmer. Mid floor/low ceiling. His shooting, ability to create his own shot and BBIQ will appeal to teams looking for a 2/way. His 2/way appeal helps his NBA profile.

54t. Lawson - He is a really good college player. One of the best but he doesn't really have a position or a legit skill. Growth will be critical but should be a 2/way prospect with potential to be a low end rotation player. Low floor/low mid ceiling.

54t. Jordan Bone - 2020 prospect but low floor/mid ceiling. Can boost his ceiling in 2020. He is unique. He is one of those rare seniors who can take a major leap. Don't be surprised if him and Yves Pons takes a major leap in 2020. Both have the athletic ability and their development has been ample. Rick Barnes is working his magic in Knoxville.

60t. Charles Matthews - Injuries could lower his status but he is a clear NBA player to me. Mid high floor/low ceiling.

60t. Jordan Poole - Sam Veceine is sold on him. I just haven't watched Michigan much and when I did, they played bad and lost or they just played bad this year. Like Maryland last year, when I get a chance to watch their games, I will probably bump these guys up.

60t Iggy Brazdeikis - See Poole. I am pretty much putting the UM guys in this range till I can really rate them.

60t. Konate - His potential is much higher than his floor. He has talent and ability but the G-League should be an option for him. low floor/semi-mid ceiling.

60t. Paschall - Been watching Paschall for a while. Not sold on his standing reach. 2/way guy. He can play in the NBA right now but I am not sure he can stick. mid high floor/low ceiling.

65t. Cassius Winston - Moved up due to the tourney but I have questions about his ability to play bully ball 6'1 185.

65t. Tookie Brown - Mid high floor, with a semi low floor, this is my steal of the draft. I didn't really watch his games much but I watched him at Portsmouth and he clearly looked like a NBA player, the numbers and highlights match and he has that IT0 factor of just getting buckets in kinda way. He has moved up my draft board. IT0 of this class. I think he will get some looks in the draft.

67t. Ahmed Hill - semi low floor, with a semi low ceiling

67t. Nick Perkins - semi mid floor with low ceiling

67t. Justin James - semi low floor, with a semi low ceiling

67t. Fletcher Magee - semi mid floor with a low ceiling who has potential to develop into a rotation player. I like his 2/way potential. An elite shooter and can get from three in every way like Redick. I wouldn't be suprised if he was drafted in the 2nd round.

67t. Obi Toppin - semi low floor, with a semi low ceiling

67t. John Konchar - semi mid floor, semi low ceiling. All around player. Flashes potential to be a good NBA player. G-League will be a need. Shades of a bigger, strong, taller, not quite the shooter and skill of Scott Skiles. Like Skiles, doesn't lack a skill but does he have the athletic ability. He isn't anywhere near as good as Scott was. Scott was a lot more polished but John is 6'5, 215. His potential is there.

67t. Simi Shittu - very low floor with a semi high ceiling

67t. DaQuan Jeffries - high low floor with a semi mid ceiling

67t. Reggie Perry - high low floor with a semi mid ceiling

67t. Dewan Hernandez - high low floor with a semi mid ceiling

67t. Oshae Brissett - high low floor with a semi mid ceiling

67t. Cody Martin - high low floor with a semi mid ceiling

80t. Jarrell Brantley - semi low floor, with a semi low ceiling

80t. Daishon Smith - mid floor, low ceiling, good player who has 2-way potential to be a decent player.

80t. Luguentz Dort - low floor/mid ceiling. Has a projectable frame and skill-set but just is completely unpolished and not ready for the NBA.

80t. Mike Daum - Mid high floor - low potential - I compare his type to Kris Humphries. 23 years old but he has a lot of translatable skill.

80t. Aric Holman - projectable player. Obviously has to put on more size. 3/D PF. A clear low floor semi mid ceiling who is a 2/way option. Could move up into the 2nd round with ease.

80t. Caleb Martin - semi mid floor with a low ceiling who has potential to develop into a rotation player.

80t. Juwan Morgan - semi mid floor with a low ceiling who has potential to develop into a rotation player.

80t. Josh Reaves - semi mid floor with a low ceiling who has potential to develop into a rotation player. His defensive potential will warrant some looks in the 2nd.

80t. Cody Martin - semi mid floor with a low ceiling who has potential to develop into a rotation player. Great passer for position and you hope he can develop into a secondary playmaker who is a 3/D player long term. Has long term

80t. Robert Franks - semi mid floor with a low ceiling who has potential to develop into a rotation player.

80t. Bennie Boatwright - 2020 prospect but low floor/semi-mid ceiling.

80t. Brian Bowen - low floor/mid ceiling, workouts will be critical for him. Could move up.

80t. D’Marcus Simonds - low floor/semi mid ceiling, he can play but he has to develop his shooting ability and his decision making. If he can develop it, he could be a NBA player but it's unlikely.

80t. Amir Hinton - very low floor/mid ceiling, he has the tools, skills and the talent but he is so far away from others. It's like watching a HS player who played HS ball.

80t. Jaylen Hoard - low floor/semi mid ceiling, his ability to play in Europe next year could push him into the 2nd round. He has the talent and size to play in the NBA but he doesn't have the skill, readiness, or feel at this point.

Tier 6: G-Leaguer who have the potential to be career backups with limited potential or non NBA prospects who will practice their trade overseas.

95t. Ethan Happ - Tremendously skilled big with no range whatsoever.

95t. CJ Massinburg - Euro

95t. Kerwin Roach - Euro

95t. Ky Bowman - G-League

95t. Chris Clemons - China

95t. Matt Morgan - G-League

95t. Makai Mason - G-League

95t. Tyus Battle - 2020 prospect but not getting drafted in 2020 either.

95t. Dean Wade- Has a lot of potential in countries that value big men passes in Europe but no NBA Potential.

95t. Kenny Goins - G-League

95t. Christ Koumadje - G-League

95t. Zac Cuthbertson - G-League - poor man's NAW

95t. Jakeenan Gant - very poor man's Jarian Grant

95t. Trayvon Reed - G-League

95t. Matt Morgan - G-League

95t. Cameron Young - G-League - Klutch Client
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 386

Post#39 » by pad300 » Sat Jun 1, 2019 2:51 pm

How do you get a "high floor" for Bol Bol? I can see him never playing a valuable NBA minute. To my mind there is no guarantee he can overcome his current physical limitations...
King Ken
General Manager

Post#40 » by King Ken » Sat Jun 1, 2019 3:01 pm

pad300 wrote:How do you get a "high floor" for Bol Bol? I can see him never playing a valuable NBA minute. To my mind there is no guarantee he can overcome his current physical limitations...

Meaning in the right situation, he will put up legit numbers. Bol is not raw. He is just severely flawed.

Return to Mock Drafts