4 Keon Johnson
5 James Bouknight

6 Ochai Agbaji
7 Josh Christopher
8 Joshua Primo
9 Joel Ayayi
10 Quentin Grimes

No Cam Thomas?

Grimes has taken quite a tumble from where you used to have him. I think at one point you had him as a high lotto pick. Even after he flamed out at Kansas you still had him in the lotto.

Thomas is a pretty absurd scorer but doesn't really offer anything else, just an absolutely terrible passer and his assist rate for his usage as a guard is like historically bad...guards that can only score and not much else are really relegated to being bench scorers in today's NBA unless they are outliers there

yea, was hella high on Grimes, still high in some respects, but the dude has been annoyingly inconsistent his entire career, he'd fix one thing in his game and another thing would get worse, still doesn't have that connective tissue btw all his skills/tools to really be a consistent player...but if he does find it he's the prototypical CG in today's league and I am still a big Grimes guy overall

also this is just a really strong SG class overall, i really like Christopher and he's the 7th guy on SG rankings for example.

Here is the ultimate Clyde21 dilemma.....Clyde is on a plane that is crashing. There are only 2 parachutes. Clyde has to take one for himself and can give the other to only one of his two children on board. Who does Clyde give the parachute to, Quentin Grimes or Scottie Lewis? Assume for the same of argument that Clyde already pushed Dzanan Musa out the door with no chute. :lol: :D
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Re: clyde 2021 draft stuff 

Post#42 » by clyde21 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:40 pm

shakes0 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

No Cam Thomas?

Grimes has taken quite a tumble from where you used to have him. I think at one point you had him as a high lotto pick. Even after he flamed out at Kansas you still had him in the lotto.

Thomas is a pretty absurd scorer but doesn't really offer anything else, just an absolutely terrible passer and his assist rate for his usage as a guard is like historically bad...guards that can only score and not much else are really relegated to being bench scorers in today's NBA unless they are outliers there

yea, was hella high on Grimes, still high in some respects, but the dude has been annoyingly inconsistent his entire career, he'd fix one thing in his game and another thing would get worse, still doesn't have that connective tissue btw all his skills/tools to really be a consistent player...but if he does find it he's the prototypical CG in today's league and I am still a big Grimes guy overall

also this is just a really strong SG class overall, i really like Christopher and he's the 7th guy on SG rankings for example.

Here is the ultimate Clyde21 dilemma.....Clyde is on a plane that is crashing. There are only 2 parachutes. Clyde has to take one for himself and can give the other to only one of his two children on board. Who does Clyde give the parachute to, Quentin Grimes or Scottie Lewis? Assume for the same of argument that Clyde already pushed Dzanan Musa out the door with no chute. :lol: :D

i dunno wtf ur point is tbh, maybe ur bored.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,960

Post#43 » by shakes0 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:44 pm

clyde21 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

i dunno wtf ur point is tbh, maybe ur bored.

no point at all, just bored and making a joke. actually I guess the point is I was just curious who you valued more, Grimes or Lewis since those are both guys you had valued very high at one point and have lowered them, but still see value.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#44 » by clyde21 » Fri Jul 9, 2021 3:17 am

7/8 update, final update before moving on to 2022 pretty much, went 3 deep but could've easily added more in T4 but at some point it becomes more about fit than which slot you got these guys ranked.

positionals updated too, bolded are my sure fire 1st rounders.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,686

Post#45 » by stormi » Fri Aug 6, 2021 9:48 am

clyde21 wrote:

Thoughts on Springer? You seemed pretty high on him this year (within your top 10).

We got him pretty late in the draft and I wasn't too excited by the pick. I liked Butler and McBride that went after him a bit more, as well as Bones who was snagged a couple of picks before.

I see some tantalizing tools with Springer as well as him being so young, but I'm not sure I see major shotcreating upside. Curious about your thoughts though.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#46 » by clyde21 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 6:06 pm

stormi wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Thoughts on Springer? You seemed pretty high on him this year (within your top 10).

We got him pretty late in the draft and I wasn't too excited by the pick. I liked Butler and McBride that went after him a bit more, as well as Bones who was snagged a couple of picks before.

I see some tantalizing tools with Springer as well as him being so young, but I'm not sure I see major shotcreating upside. Curious about your thoughts though.

yea, I love Springer, not really sure the thought process behind him dropping so far other than it being a deeper class and he's on the more raw side with some injury concerns, other than that he's a proto type modern day combo guard with size, handling and multi-level scoring ability and is stupid good cutter/relocator off ball.

i think this was a huge coup for the Sixers, definitely worth the squeeze but it might take a couple of seasons before u see the juice.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#47 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:59 am

Who is that absolutely embarrassing moron who had Davion Mitchell 29?
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Post#48 » by yoyoboy » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:34 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:Who is that absolutely embarrassing moron who had Davion Mitchell 29?

You’re really ready to gloat after a near-23 year old has performed okay but not great in 3 Summer League games against 19-20 year olds?
clyde21
RealGM

Post#49 » by clyde21 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:10 am

yoyoboy wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:Who is that absolutely embarrassing moron who had Davion Mitchell 29?

You’re really ready to gloat after a near-23 year old has performed okay but not great in 3 Summer League games against 19-20 year olds?

dude's butthurt because I keep callin him out on his terrible takes I ain't even mad @ it :lol:
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Post#50 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:06 am

You do realize before tonight's game Mitchell was averaging 14/2/3 on 44/20/55 shooting (48 TS%). And even tonight's game he had 12/2/4 on good shooting, but that isn't a "wow OMG time for hot takes" kind of game. Then you factor in Mitchell is about to turn 23 and is a good 3-4 years older than most of the other rookies.

By the way, I also had Mitchell higher than 29, but what exactly are you trying to get at with this take? We really trying to bash other people's draft predictions (lets be real everyone on here shoot under 50% on their draft predictions anyways) after just 3-4 games in SL by a 23 year old?
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#51 » by nolang1 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:36 am

Duke4life831 wrote:

You do realize before tonight's game Mitchell was averaging 14/2/3 on 44/20/55 shooting (48 TS%). And even tonight's game he had 12/2/4 on good shooting, but that isn't a "wow OMG time for hot takes" kind of game. Then you factor in Mitchell is about to turn 23 and is a good 3-4 years older than most of the other rookies.

By the way, I also had Mitchell higher than 29, but what exactly are you trying to get at with this take? We really trying to bash other people's draft predictions (lets be real everyone on here shoot under 50% on their draft predictions anyways) after just 3-4 games in SL by a 23 year old?

Eh I'd say listing shooting splits is disingenuous considering how good Mitchell's defense has been (and this is coming from someone who didn't like the pick for the Kings and assumed it was a ransom type of deal to get the Warriors to trade a lot for him). I think it's very much fair game to point something like that out because it's very easy to pass oneself off as an expert by throwing out contrarian takes and and banking on the fact that the one they happen to get right will outweigh all the others they get ridiculously wrong.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Post#52 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:52 am

nolang1 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Eh I'd say listing shooting splits is disingenuous considering how good Mitchell's defense has been (and this is coming from someone who didn't like the pick for the Kings and assumed it was a ransom type of deal to get the Warriors to trade a lot for him). I think it's very much fair game to point something like that out because it's very easy to pass oneself off as an expert by throwing out contrarian takes and and banking on the fact that the one they happen to get right will outweigh all the others they get ridiculously wrong.

Again we are talking about 3-4 games of SL by a 23 year old, honestly who cares? What happens in SL means absolutely nothing. Mitchell playing good defense, shouldn't surprise anyone, everyone already knew Mitchell was a good defender. I dont want to speak for Clyde, but Im sure Clyde knew that Mitchell was a good defender when he ranked him at 29.

All Im saying is, nothing we see in SL matters. We have seen great players look horrible. We have seen horrible players look great. So a few games in SL shouldn't be enough for someone to start with the "I told you so" takes.

I mean look at the players Mitchell has gone against so far. How many NBA players has Mitchell defended so far in his 4 games?

GS game: The 2 first round picks didnt play. Hell even guys like Kyle Guy and Gary Payton didnt play
Lakers game: Justin Robinson and his 18 games of NBA experience in 2 years. Who else?
Wizards game: Mason Jones??? I think he was the only guy with NBA experience
Hornets game: Grant Riller and his 7 games of experience? Bouknight but again he is a rookie.

Again Im not hating on Mitchell at all. But this is the level of competition he has gone against. It means absolutely nothing.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#53 » by clyde21 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:13 am

nolang1 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

there is nothing 'contrarian' about not wanting to draft a 6 ft 23 year old rookie PG with poor FT shooting top20. pretty standard stuff actually, even if you are high on Mitchell's perimeter defense.

also interesting how ur talking about someone else being a contrarian when you have Jay Huff ranked ahead of guys like Jalen Johnson, Josh Christopher and Sharife Cooper (among others). :lol:
clyde21
RealGM

Post#54 » by clyde21 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:15 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Again Im not hating on Mitchell at all. But this is the level of competition he has gone against. It means absolutely nothing.

to expand on this, no one is 'hating' on Mitchell, I've said before many times he has a clear path to success in the NBA, but if you are picking in the top20 or so picks, my philosophy is to aim higher than what I think Mitchell will eventually provide for a team, even if his floor is higher than many of the players I have ahead of him.

also 15-32 are all in the same tier, kinda the point of having tiers because at some point in the draft it becomes much more about situational fits/need than it does about ranking x player over y player. could've just as easily ranked Mitchell 20th instead of 29th, it doesn't really matter.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#55 » by nolang1 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:31 pm

clyde21 wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

there is nothing 'contrarian' about not wanting to draft a 6 ft 23 year old rookie PG with poor FT shooting top20. pretty standard stuff actually, even if you are high on Mitchell's perimeter defense.

also interesting how ur talking about someone else being a contrarian when you have Jay Huff ranked ahead of guys like Jalen Johnson, Josh Christopher and Sharife Cooper (among others). :lol:

No, they're all in the same tier and were listed in no particular order of preference. I really think that's super easy for anyone else to understand because that's the whole point of having tiers (or of course you could've taken an extra 5 seconds, if you know how to read, to read down to where I explicitly said that).
clyde21
RealGM

Post#56 » by clyde21 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:35 pm

nolang1 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
nolang1 wrote:

No, they're all in the same tier and were listed in no particular order of preference. I really think that's super easy for anyone else to understand because that's the whole point of having tiers (or of course you could've taken an extra 5 seconds, if you know how to read, to read down to where I explicitly said that).

so you did the same thing i did...except not put numbers in front of them? :lol:

and I didnt read your post because I don't really give two **** about your posts or takes, you already know this. just make sure you know your own board before going around flexing nuts about someone else being a "CoNtRaRiaN".
clyde21
RealGM

Post#57 » by clyde21 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:30 am

39% from the field, 29% from 3, 63% from the line, -3.6 BPM, -6 Net Rating, 10 PER.

you know you're in trouble if you're a 23 year old lotto rook that can't even make 3rd team all rookie. :lol:

Return to Mock Drafts