FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

MY FIRST MOCK FOR THE 2009 DRAFT !!!!! 

Post#1 » by FutureKnicksGM » Wed May 20, 2009 2:45 pm

1. Clippers - Blake Griffin
Don't have to say anything

2. Grizzlies - Ricky Rubio
BPA. Great PG prospect. Conley on the move?

3. Thunder - Hasheem Thabeet
Choice is between Thabeet and Harden. They decide to pick Thabeet to anchor their defense.

4. Kings - Jordan Hill
Need a PG, but don't want to reach when they can get a good PG later in the draft. Won't pick Harden because of Martin. So they pick a physical, athletic big in Hill to join there young bigs. I could see a trade built around Hill for Conley.

5. Wizards - James Harden
Get a solid all round 2 guard who would be a good fit next to Arenas

6. Timberwolves - Stephen Curry
This is a bit of a hunch, could be way off. MIN seem committed to Al & Love upfront, so to maximize there impact they need shooters around them. Curry is a great shooter and has a high IQ. Jrue Holiday could be an option if he impresses in workouts.

7. Warriors - Tyreke Evans
Reke can develop into the big PG needed next to Ellis. Good Handle, gets to the line, solid D & court vision but needs to work on his 3pt shot. Similar to Rodney Stucky IMO.

8. Knicks - Brandon Jennings
Raw, but has great PG tools. Excels in open court so should be good fit.

9. Raptors - Demar Derozan
TOR swing for the fences and draft Derozan who may remind some raptor fans of Vince if he pans out, and maybe helps Bosh decide to stick around in 2010.

10. Bucks - Jrue Holiday.
Big PG who plays good D, and has a high IQ. Should be a good fit for Skiles.

11. Nets - Earl Clark
Multi skilled combo forward. I think that he will be the high rebounding 3 that NJ will need next to Yi.

12. Bobcats - Gerald Henderson
Would be a good fit next to Augustine. Not a star, but solid 2 way player.

13. Pacers - DeJuan Blair
A real bruiser down low. Would be a good fit next to Hibbert.

14. Suns - Jonny Flynn
Suns need a PG for the future. Rumored to like Flynn.

15. Pistons - Terrence Williams
DET will try and compete next season by using there cap space, so look for someone to contribute right away. Terrence can do a little of everything and would be a much needed back up for Prince.

16. Bulls - James Johnson
Can play the 3 and 4. Should contribute right away while still having some potential. Similar to Ryan Gomes.

17. 76ers - Ty Lawson
Need a pass first PG with Miller likely to leave. Perfect for the up tempo pace the sixers like to play.

18. Timberwolves - B.J Mullens
Very Raw, but a true C prospect with potential.

19. Hawks - Jeff Teague
Teague fell off after a great start, but is a very good scorer from the PG position, which would be good next to a play making 2 guard like Johnson.

20. Jazz - Darren Collison
Get a much needed Backup for their star PG. The small and quick Collison would complement the big and strong Williams.

21. Hornets - Eric Maynor.
Get a much needed Backup for their star PG. The big and strong Maynor would complement the small and quick CP3.

22. Mavericks - Chase Budinger
Chase is a good athlete and shooter who will be a solid role playing wing.

23. Kings - Patty Mills
Lightning quick PG who didn't look out of place going head to head with D-Will, CP3 and Kidd at the Olympics.

24. Trailblazers - Gani Lawal
High energy PF. Good athlete and with good wingspan. Fits the mold of the ideal back up PF for Portland.

25. Thunder - Wayne Ellington
Get a much needed shooter in Ellington.

26. Bulls - Tyler Hansbrough
Bulls will try and put winners next to Rose. Hansbrough wont be a star, but should be a good back up 4.

27. Grizzlies - Austin Daye
Raw, but intriguing SF with great height.

28. Timberwolves - Nick Calathes
Big point guard with high IQ and a good shot. Would complement the smallish guards they have.

29. Lakers - Danny Green
Good all round player who can hit the open shot. Insurance if they lose Ariza.

30. Cavaliers - Sam Young
Physical SF who improved his outside game while at college. Solid back up for LeBron.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Re: MY FIRST MOCK FOR THE 2009 DRAFT !!!!! 

Post#2 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed May 20, 2009 3:22 pm

No complaints from the Bucks.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Re: MY FIRST MOCK FOR THE 2009 DRAFT !!!!! 

Post#3 » by john2jer » Wed May 20, 2009 4:16 pm

I don't like Curry at 6, even though a couple WOlves fans do. Would much prefer Ty Evans in this case, and Summers over Calathes at #28.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?

Return to Mock Drafts