24 - Blazers - Darren Collison
25 - Thunder - Taj Gibson
26 - Bulls - Gani Lawai
27 - Grizzlies - DaJuan Summers
28 - T-Wolves - Sam Young
29 - Lakers - Omri Casspi
30 - Cavs - Tyler Hansbrough

31 - Kings - Danny Green
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,461

Re: Bac2Basics Mock Draft 

Post#2 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue May 26, 2009 2:49 am

If the Bucks take Marcus Banks eh I mean Jonny Flynn over Holiday I'd cry.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,511

Post#3 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue May 26, 2009 7:25 am

I just don't see Rubio going anywhere but #2. Even if he is traded, he will go #2 and Memphis will reap the benefits from the team he goes to.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#4 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue May 26, 2009 7:27 am

I doubt the Nets take Henderson either, especially with James Johnson and Blair on the board, who Thorn is high on, not just Net's fans.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,989

Post#5 » by gswhoops » Tue May 26, 2009 2:27 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:I just don't see Rubio going anywhere but #2. Even if he is traded, he will go #2 and Memphis will reap the benefits from the team he goes to.

Agreed. If the Kings want Rubio, they're going to have to trade up. He's not going to fall to #4.
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#6 » by St.Nick » Tue May 26, 2009 2:36 pm

How did I know that a Kings fan would have Rubio falling to #4? :D
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#7 » by Smills91 » Tue May 26, 2009 3:40 pm

RingtheBell wrote:If the Bucks take Marcus Banks eh I mean Jonny Flynn over Holiday I'd cry.

Jonny Flynn is more TJ Ford than Marcus Banks. In fact, I'd say he's Ford with a slightly better jumpshot.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#8 » by Smills91 » Tue May 26, 2009 3:42 pm

gswhoops wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:I just don't see Rubio going anywhere but #2. Even if he is traded, he will go #2 and Memphis will reap the benefits from the team he goes to.

Agreed. If the Kings want Rubio, they're going to have to trade up. He's not going to fall to #4.

Crazier things have happened. Wright was suppose to be #3 or #4. Lopez was suppose to be #2 or #3. Bayless was suppose to go 4-6 range. It's not out of the realm of possibility that of ANY teams in the lotto that Memphis and OKC pass on Rubio.Especially if he were to declare for the draft but say he's staying in Europe for at least 1 more year, which isn't far-fetched at all. One way or another, I see Petrie landing Rubio this year. He's proven he's willing to wait(see Peja).
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,461

Post#9 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue May 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Smills91 wrote:Crazier things have happened. Wright was suppose to be #3 or #4. Lopez was suppose to be #2 or #3. Bayless was suppose to go 4-6 range. It's not out of the realm of possibility that of ANY teams in the lotto that Memphis and OKC pass on Rubio.Especially if he were to declare for the draft but say he's staying in Europe for at least 1 more year, which isn't far-fetched at all. One way or another, I see Petrie landing Rubio this year. He's proven he's willing to wait(see Peja).

None of them are the "can't miss prospect" Rubio is considered to be. Wright was considered a top 3-4 pick but them after workouts and such fell to right where he was drafted. Lopez was considered by Minnesota but if they didn't draft him would have easily feel to atleast 8-10. Bayless I'm not sure on but 6-10 in that draft couldve gone 100 different ways.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#10 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue May 26, 2009 10:30 pm

Smills91 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:

Crazier things have happened. Wright was suppose to be #3 or #4. Lopez was suppose to be #2 or #3. Bayless was suppose to go 4-6 range. It's not out of the realm of possibility that of ANY teams in the lotto that Memphis and OKC pass on Rubio.Especially if he were to declare for the draft but say he's staying in Europe for at least 1 more year, which isn't far-fetched at all. One way or another, I see Petrie landing Rubio this year. He's proven he's willing to wait(see Peja).

But in Rubio, we're talking about a concensus #2 pick, with very slight consideration for the #1, falling to #4. That isn't happening. It's like saying that Rose or Beasley falling to #4 last year.
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#11 » by ponder276 » Tue May 26, 2009 11:53 pm

Bac2Basics wrote:As of 25 May 2009

1 - Clippers - Blake Griffin
2 - Grizzlies - Hasheem Thabeet
3 - Thunder - James Harden
4 - Kings - Ricky Rubio
5 - Wizards - Jordan Hill
6 - T-Wolves - Demar DeRozan
7 - Warriors - Brandon Jennings
8 - Knicks - Stephen Curry
9 - Raptors - Tyreke Evans
10 - Bucks - Jonny Flynn
11 - Nets - Gearld Henderson
12 - Bobcats - Wayne Ellington
13 - Pacers - Eric Maynor
14 - Suns - Jrue Holiday
15 - Pistons - James Johnson
16 - Bulls - Chase Budinger
17 - 76ers - Ty Lawson
18 - T-Wolves - Earl Clark
19 - Hawks - Jeff Teague
20 - Jazz - DeJuan Blair
21 - Hornets - Terrence Williams
22 - Mavericks - Patrick Mills
23 - Kings - BJ Mullens
24 - Blazers - Darren Collison
25 - Thunder - Taj Gibson
26 - Bulls - Gani Lawai
27 - Grizzlies - DaJuan Summers
28 - T-Wolves - Tyler Hansbourgh
29 - Lakers - Omri Casspi
30 - Cavs - Sam Young

31 - Kings - Danny Green

The only way the Kings get Rubio is to trade up. If Rubio is in the draft, he goes #2, even if Memphis has to trade him. This draft is pretty clearly Kings homerism.

Also, you have Earl Clark way too low, IMO - GMs will fall in love with his potential, he has a good skill set and fantastic physical tools. No way he goes behind guys like Chase Budinger and Wayne Ellington, both of whom seem like players with very limited upside.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#12 » by big3_8_19_21 » Wed May 27, 2009 12:11 am

Unless the Wolves have a trade lined up to thin out the pack at PF, I take Casspi, Young or Green over Hansbrough.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
LPKingsFan
Starter
And1: 0

Post#13 » by LPKingsFan » Wed May 27, 2009 12:14 am

I don't think Rubio will fall to #4 either, but are you guys saying the guys at Draft Express (with Rubio currently at #4) are Kings homers too?
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#14 » by AQuintus » Wed May 27, 2009 12:15 am

big3_8_19_21 wrote:Unless the Wolves have a trade lined up to thin out the pack at PF, I take Casspi, Young or Green over Hansbrough.

I definitely agree with this, but since there's about a -1% chance that we keep the pick, I don't think it really matters.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#15 » by Smills91 » Wed May 27, 2009 3:26 pm

RingtheBell wrote:
Smills91 wrote:Crazier things have happened. Wright was suppose to be #3 or #4. Lopez was suppose to be #2 or #3. Bayless was suppose to go 4-6 range. It's not out of the realm of possibility that of ANY teams in the lotto that Memphis and OKC pass on Rubio.Especially if he were to declare for the draft but say he's staying in Europe for at least 1 more year, which isn't far-fetched at all. One way or another, I see Petrie landing Rubio this year. He's proven he's willing to wait(see Peja).

None of them are the "can't miss prospect" Rubio is considered to be. Wright was considered a top 3-4 pick but them after workouts and such fell to right where he was drafted. Lopez was considered by Minnesota but if they didn't draft him would have easily feel to atleast 8-10. Bayless I'm not sure on but 6-10 in that draft couldve gone 100 different ways.

I hear most people say that there aren't ANY 'can't miss prospects' in this draft. I disagree but a lot of people have their doubts about both Griffin AND Rubio.
wd707
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#16 » by wd707 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:10 pm

Kings fan here also. I'm 90 percent sure rubio will go number 2 to memphis then be traded to the kings. But there is a slight 10 percent or so chance rubio actually falls. Because griffin is going numer 1. So that leaves 2-3 pick left.. if rubio lays it on thick about going to memphis and ACTUALLY they dont need rubio as much. So that leaves the thunder taking rubio. But once again they don't need rubio. But still I believe memphis/ thunder will take rubio. But either way bottom line is memphis and the thunder DON'T need rubio. And if they take rubio its TO TRADE HIM. Not to keep him. MOst likely situation is memphis drafts rubio and trades hiim tot he kings.
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#17 » by Bac2Basics » Mon Jun 8, 2009 2:19 am

Updated 7June2009
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville

Return to Mock Drafts