jblcommish wrote:Seeking some new GMs for my fantasy simulation basketball league, JBL, which has been around in some form since 1991 (real time!). I’ve recently relaunched the league and the site and have been adding features and automation over the few last seasons. It is currently in its 32nd season.
As a JBL GM, you are in charge of a storied basketball franchise, and have to draft, sign, trade and manage your players, staff and their personalities to construct your team.
JBL is a huge basketball universe that comprises the pro league, as well as high school, college and European leagues (think Football Manager for basketball). While similar to the NBA, JBL differs slightly in its modelling to other basketball simulations, and isn't intended on being a complete replica of the NBA, nor its rules. It is streamlined to focus on the things that matter - roster/player development, statistical analysis, personality management. As the league runs off a custom simulation engine (developed over many years) it is not bound by the same rules or limitations that other sim leagues may have, and allows me to add new features and keep innovating.
Features of the league:
* Games are simulated each day to a semi-realistic schedule
* Full advanced player stats and metrics, including shooting splits, clutch stats, lineup statistics, detailed boxscores, etc.
* Complete scouting module, including sending scouts to college
* Realistic salary cap management, free agency negotiations, drafting, signing coaches and staff
* A separate college universe that features all 351 Division I teams that feeds players into the pro league, which has all boxscores, stats, news etc available. All players are available to be scouted and drafted. European and other world leagues are opening to full scouting early next year.
* GMs use Slack to keep in touch, trade and discuss the league. Incredibly active channels with analysis and trades.
* League podcast with analysis, previews etc.
* One of our GMs is a merchandise creator, so we have full customised jerseys with players' names on the back etc.
Despite the in-depth nature of the league, it’s pretty easy to set a team and make changes (all web-based with no software to download), but even more satisfying and addictive when engaging fully. You'll be down the rabbit hole in no time, especially if you get into scouting.
There are a few teams still available (existing teams as well as expansion teams) so taking anyone who is interested. We're a few weeks away from the draft and free agency so there’s a great chance to build your team the way you want.
Some links to check out if you’re interested:
Front page: http://jblfl.com - we have had almost 100 articles and press releases written for the past season alone.
Advanced Statistics Leaders: http://jblfl.com/leaders?year=2020<ype=adv
Scouting: http://jblfl.com/players.php?pid=141 (hit ‘Scouting’)
Coaching Profiles: http://jblfl.com/coaches.php?id=57
Detailed Box Scores: http://jblfl.com/boxscore?game=10125
Player Statistics: http://jblfl.com/playerstats?team=Knights&year=2020
Full ‘About’ page for more details on the league: http://jblfl.com/about
Guide for new GMs: http://jblfl.com/guide
Please let me know if you’re interested!
Just took a good look at the website. I really like what you have going on there. Are there any teams that are available right now?