Yahoo vs ESPN rankings

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,869

Yahoo vs ESPN rankings 

Post#1 » by Pointgod » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:21 pm

Do the two rankings seem kind of out of whack to some people? For example ESPN has Drummond in the top 10 while Yahoo has him at 23. I also think Porzingis is too low in ESPN(51) while Yahoo has him at 35 which is more reasonable. It seems that ESPN’s rankings are confusing and somewhat random once you get out of the top 10. Has anyone else noticed this?

https://sports.yahoo.com/2019-yahoo-fantasy-basketball-draft-rankings-stacking-every-position-195739957.html

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/basketball/story/_/id/27709909/updated-2019-20-fantasy-basketball-rankings-top-200-h2h-categories-drafts
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,554

Re: Yahoo vs ESPN rankings 

Post#2 » by Bank Shot » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:48 am

ESPN's rankings are absurd and should be ignored. If you do a mock, you'll see they have Simmons and Siakam in the top-10 in the draft machine. They give no **** for fantasy. Yahoo's are very good for the most part. Almost too good. They've done a lot of the hard work for the casuals and there's not a lot of quality sleepers sitting in the later rounds. A lot of breakout players are close to their ceilings.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,869

Re: Yahoo vs ESPN rankings 

Post#3 » by Pointgod » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:54 pm

Bank Shot wrote:ESPN's rankings are absurd and should be ignored. If you do a mock, you'll see they have Simmons and Siakam in the top-10 in the draft machine. They give no **** for fantasy. Yahoo's are very good for the most part. Almost too good. They've done a lot of the hard work for the casuals and there's not a lot of quality sleepers sitting in the later rounds. A lot of breakout players are close to their ceilings.

Agreed. It’s even more mind boggling considering they have writers putting in research and writing various articles. I did a mock draft in ESPN and it was such a poor experience and their app was so **** compared to yahoo that I deleted it.

Return to Fantasy Basketball