Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

akaFlip
Pro Prospect
And1: 169

Re: The Official Waiver Wire Thread 

Post#401 » by akaFlip » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:49 pm

10 team h2h 9cat.

Currently in tied for first. Should I drop Trey Burke? Is he drop worthy?
I keep wanting to, but he's the only pg in Utah and the potential is there to be good.
mudyez
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#402 » by mudyez » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Who would you pick up for him?
mudyez
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#403 » by mudyez » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:40 am

Prigioni!
Firekillex
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#404 » by Firekillex » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:57 pm

prigioni would be smart if felton wasnt playing because hed move into the starter position then shannon brown would come off the bench, but its saying feltons court is in june and he might be able to play until then so hed still stay at the starting position getting lots of minutes im assuming
ATLHawksFan120
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#405 » by ATLHawksFan120 » Sun Mar 2, 2014 4:35 pm

My team

Lillard
Harden
Pierce
Ant Davis
Miles Plumlee (Lopez)
Terrence Ross
Gerald Green
Faried
Pekovic
Iggy
DeMarre Carroll
Tyson
Terrence Jones

Top Waiver Wire Players
Bogut
Lin
Henderson
Chalmers
Kendall Marshall
Augustin
Reggie Jackson
Enes
Amir Johnson
Felton
Danny Green

Should I stay put or make a move?
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,463

Post#406 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Apr 7, 2014 5:30 am

Bank Shot wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:Hey guys, after doing really bad in fantasy for years I finally have a good team. I feel like my team has the most firepower in a vacuum I am not sure if it's maximizing output in terms of being well rounded, or the lower level players. Tell me what you think

Chris Paul/Damian Lillard/George Hill/Mario Chalmers
Gordon Hayward/Courtney Lee
Paul George/Trevor Ariza/Kawhi Leonard
Patrick Patterson
Joakim Noah/Derrick Favors/Robin Lopez

Some waiver wire guys available: Marvin Williams, Patty Mills, Josh McRoberts, DJ Augustin, Patrick Beverly, Khris Middleton, Danny Green, Tristan Thompson, John Henson. I like the idea of Marvin but I got stuck bc I wanted a C-able pickup in Patterson. McRoberts can play C but I think I need rebounding more than a C's who's main value is assists. Is it worth it to pick up a guy like Thompson or Henson even if their overall rank (last 30 days for henson) is not that high considering the above team?

Real nice team but I'd switch a few guys. Henson is your number 1 add. He was a top 45 play when Sanders was hurt earlier in the year and will help fix your rebounding problem. I'd drop Pat Pat since he's at best a top 120 guy when Amir is healthy.

I'd switch Chalmers for Augustin as well. Augustin just has much more upside and has been playing much better. That one is easy for me.

I'd also pickup Beverley and drop Lee. The Griz's rotation is going to awfully crowded once Allen comes back. Beverley doesn't post traditional PG lines but the 1.6 3PG and 1.4 SPG and low TOs are useful. He's actually been a top 50 play over the last month despite not shooting well because he's been putting up 2.1 3PG and 1.6 SPG. Beverley is underrated in fantasy due to PPG bias.

Just to give you a heads up, I won the league today, so thanks for the advice albeit I didn't have any of the guys you suggested by the last week :D

My final roster

Chris Paul/Damian Lillard/Darren Collison
Vince Carter/Nick Young
Paul George/Kawhi Leonard/Trevor Ariza
Derrick Favors/Ryan Kelly
Joakim Noah/Robin Lopez/Henry Sims

Dropped Gordon Hayward, George Hill during the last week, used Boris Diaw, Shaun Livingston

I was dominating all week and a 9-2 lead going into the last day what looked like 99.9%+ odds, I was up by about 6 3s but had a stacked 3pt shooting lineup (about 7 more projected 3s than him) after adding Young to ice it, while leading by 15 in Drb, 1 in Orb, 4 in blk, with about equal projections in those cats. I guesstimated I had something like a 97% chance to win 3pt, 90% Drb, 50% Orb, 75% Blk so the odds of getting 1 of the 4 looked like pretty much a cinch (I had 5 other categories locked up). He won Drb, Orb, Blk and I held onto 3pt by 2 3s (and he would've won in a tie) :o He had JR Smith, SMH...

Definitely the most fun fantasy year I've had, I've been a doormat almost every other time I played and then I ended up with all these top ranked players this year, so I knew it was my chance. Gonna have to save a screenshot of my team and their ranks
sngm
Freshman

Post#407 » by sngm » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:14 pm

PICK UP Evan Fournier
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#408 » by Doormatt » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:13 am

Donald Sloan will be nice to own till Watson comes back, glad i got him for today.
#doorgek
Flight33
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,887

Post#409 » by Flight33 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:27 pm

Should I trade Klay Thompson for Mike Conley??
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#410 » by jman3134 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:06 pm

Thoughts on who the biggest sleeper is on the wire early? Glen Rice Jr? I have him in my league, but I think his offensive game is up to snuff and he has the right opportunities with Beal out.

BTW this is my first year playing.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#411 » by dancing2thabeet » Fri Nov 7, 2014 1:29 am

Should I drop either Ryan Anderson or Brandon Wright for Courtney Lee? (10 teams, fantasy scoring, h2h)
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,220

Post#412 » by EArl » Fri Nov 7, 2014 1:40 am

Rhyno is better than both the players you mentioned.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,165

Post#413 » by Anatomize » Fri Nov 7, 2014 6:35 am

In my 12 man h2h league my team is pretty stacked, to the point that KJ McDaniels is by far my worst player. I saw Courtney Lee sitting on the wire, and I couldn't help myself. It took me a half an hour of thinking whether I should pull the trigger or not, and eventually I replaced McDaniels with Lee. I hope I don't regret this down the road!! Lee right now is getting 30+ MPG (39 last game), his per-minute production throughout his career has been excellent. He's just needed a team to provide him with a full time opportunity. Prince played like crap last year, and it looks like they're all but done with him (receiving multiple DNPs up until Lee had a concussion). Carter is barely playing, and Lee can play two positions. Lee works really well with the attention Gasol/Randolph command, and they've had problems in the past with missing perimeter shooting due to Tony Allen, forcing Conley to do all the work from the perimeter. What are your thoughts about Lee moving forward? As well as McDaniels?
sngm
Freshman

Post#414 » by sngm » Sun Nov 9, 2014 8:04 am

what you guys think about Henson ? worth stashing?
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#415 » by Doormatt » Sun Nov 9, 2014 8:06 am

no not at all in a 12 team league. in a 14-16 maybe.

looks like Kidd is gonna continue the tradition of the **** fantasy rotation in the legaue.
#doorgek
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#416 » by Doormatt » Sun Nov 9, 2014 8:16 am

jman3134 wrote:Thoughts on who the biggest sleeper is on the wire early? Glen Rice Jr? I have him in my league, but I think his offensive game is up to snuff and he has the right opportunities with Beal out.

lol no Glen Rice is not getting any minutes this year, he cant even get playing time over Garret Temple with Beal out.

also depends how many teams are in your league. for your standard 12 team league, i would say some nice sleepers are Ilyasova or Middleton, depending on whoever wins the minutes in Milwaukee, Henry Sims, Tristan Thompson, Grieves Vasquez, and one of my favorites - Rudy Gobert. and then theres the two per minute beasts Wright and James Johnson who are the sexiest fantasy players ever if they get minutes, although Wright should already be owned in any good league at the moment.

the best way to find sleepers on the WW is too look at who the backups to the injury prone players are. if those guys arent huge scrubs then they will produce given minutes. hell even the huge scrubs will produce in the right situation - just look at Wes Johnson last season. also look at the fastest paced teams, lots of possessions = more chances for stats.

lol also i was just looking thru the WW and apparently you can pick up Derek Fisher on the thunder.
#doorgek
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#417 » by Doormatt » Sun Nov 9, 2014 8:20 am

Flight33 wrote:Should I trade Klay Thompson for Mike Conley??

if you really need assists/steals from Conley and dont mind losing a bunch of threes, then yeah do it. they will produce roughly similar value probably but i like Klay a lot cuz he can carry your team in 3s while not really hurting you anywhere
#doorgek
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#418 » by jman3134 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:30 am

Doormatt wrote:
jman3134 wrote:Thoughts on who the biggest sleeper is on the wire early? Glen Rice Jr? I have him in my league, but I think his offensive game is up to snuff and he has the right opportunities with Beal out.

lol no Glen Rice is not getting any minutes this year, he cant even get playing time over Garret Temple with Beal out.

also depends how many teams are in your league. for your standard 12 team league, i would say some nice sleepers are Ilyasova or Middleton, depending on whoever wins the minutes in Milwaukee, Henry Sims, Tristan Thompson, Grieves Vasquez, and one of my favorites - Rudy Gobert. and then theres the two per minute beasts Wright and James Johnson who are the sexiest fantasy players ever if they get minutes, although Wright should already be owned in any good league at the moment.

the best way to find sleepers on the WW is too look at who the backups to the injury prone players are. if those guys arent huge scrubs then they will produce given minutes. hell even the huge scrubs will produce in the right situation - just look at Wes Johnson last season. also look at the fastest paced teams, lots of possessions = more chances for stats.

lol also i was just looking thru the WW and apparently you can pick up Derek Fisher on the thunder.

Well obviously not now. The guy had a monster summer league and really came into his own, but is still not there yet in all facets of the game, which is why he's not playing more minutes. Pierce and I am sure others have commented on his development. I expected him to play the Temple role. Instead, I have picked up Temple in the interim, while Beal is out. I see upside when your competition is Otto Porter and you destroy it in summer league with HOF players commented on you.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#419 » by Mirjalovic » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:33 am

How many money i need to spend for Kevin Money ?

all of my budget ? 75% ? 50% ?
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Doormatt
RealGM

Post#420 » by Doormatt » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:36 am

jman3134 wrote:
Well obviously not now. The guy had a monster summer league and really came into his own, but is still not there yet in all facets of the game, which is why he's not playing more minutes. Pierce and I am sure others have commented on his development. I expected him to play the Temple role. Instead, I have picked up Temple in the interim, while Beal is out. I see upside when your competition is Otto Porter and you destroy it in summer league with HOF players commented on you.

summer league has never meant anything, vets will always get minutes over rooks.
#doorgek

Return to Fantasy Basketball