Thoughts on my team?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

becausephilchow
Sixth Man
And1: 1,272

Thoughts on my team? 

Post#1 » by becausephilchow » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:27 am

I haven't played Fantasy in like 10 years, just did the draft today, curious as to what people think?

PG Kyrie Irving
SG Evan Fournie
SF LeBron James
PF Kevin Love
C Jonas Valanciunas
G Kris Dunn
G Michael Carter-Williams
F Julius Randle
F Zach Randolph
UTIL Enes Kanter
UTIL Joe Johnson
UTIL Tony Parker

I believe it's a H2H Format, not even sure. Just had some friends ask me to join and play.

:noway:
jathy0082
Ballboy
And1: 2

Re: Thoughts on my team? 

Post#2 » by jathy0082 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:19 pm

I really like your team, but how many teams were there, don't really like the Zebo pick and kris Dunn starting might hurt you or carter williams

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Goner
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#3 » by Goner » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:29 pm

Well, you are definitely punting Blocks. LeBron will probably lead your team in assists, which shouldn't be the case. Many of your PG's are drop candidates, like MCW and Dunn (probably will only get a little burn), and perhaps even TP. Zeebo moving to the bench may actually help his production, but I'm not to sure about him in general.

If you are competetive in assists when the season starts, then great. If not, you might want to rework your team around a punt AST build. 3PG might also be a problem.
jathy0082
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#4 » by jathy0082 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:05 pm

My team is as following

Kenna walker
Lebron James
Kevin durant
Eric Bledsoe
Steven Adams
Nikolai vucevic
Thaddeus young
Myles turner
Gary Harris
Justice Winslow
Dario saric
And Jahlil okafor

Debating on offers trades to get rid of Lebron? Vucevic and knight. Any help appreciated

becausephilchow
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by becausephilchow » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:27 am

jathy0082 wrote:I really like your team, but how many teams were there, don't really like the Zebo pick and kris Dunn starting might hurt you or carter williams

14 Teams. I had the 9th pick, so not that great.

Dunn, I'm hoping that Rubio ends up getting moved.

Zebo, he's pretty solid in production. Shoots a good percentage both in FG/FT, grabs boards too. Figured he wasn't too bad of a pick? I drafted him pretty late.
becausephilchow
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by becausephilchow » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:29 am

Goner wrote:Well, you are definitely punting Blocks. LeBron will probably lead your team in assists, which shouldn't be the case. Many of your PG's are drop candidates, like MCW and Dunn (probably will only get a little burn), and perhaps even TP. Zeebo moving to the bench may actually help his production, but I'm not to sure about him in general.

If you are competetive in assists when the season starts, then great. If not, you might want to rework your team around a punt AST build. 3PG might also be a problem.

I figured that MCW has a shot of doing pretty well after being traded to the bulls, but yeah, I get what you mean on the Assists. I need to re-work that a little bit.

3Pt might be an issue too.

I'm hoping Fournier will continue with his breakout, but, I should do something about the 3PG, that was on my mind too.
Fenris-77
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,208

Post#7 » by Fenris-77 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:08 pm

Zebo will be fine off the bench. He'll be good for something like 14/7 or whatever and his normal bag of tricks. Dunn is a stash at this point while Rubio starts, but the long term potential is good. I think JJ is going to be really blah this year, I'd see what's on the wire there and maybe grab some upside. There are always boring vets like JJ on the wire.

Your Ast are low, so I might either decide to punt it completely, or maybe work a trade to add another Ast capable guard of some sort.
becausephilchow
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by becausephilchow » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:44 am

Fenris-77 wrote:Zebo will be fine off the bench. He'll be good for something like 14/7 or whatever and his normal bag of tricks. Dunn is a stash at this point while Rubio starts, but the long term potential is good. I think JJ is going to be really blah this year, I'd see what's on the wire there and maybe grab some upside. There are always boring vets like JJ on the wire.

Your Ast are low, so I might either decide to punt it completely, or maybe work a trade to add another Ast capable guard of some sort.

I picked up JJ as my last pick I believe, mainly because of Hayward being injured, he'd be thrust into a large role. Should move him later on in the season though.
Fenris-77
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,208

Post#9 » by Fenris-77 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:20 am

I suspect that even with a larger role he's going to be very meh. Now is the time to grab upside guys off the wire, before they break out. Just my two cents of course, but I doubt that JJ is going to move the needle for you at all.

Return to Fantasy Basketball