Blake for Delly?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Blake for Delly? 

Post#1 » by LivingLegend » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:41 pm

Hello, I just got a trade proposed to me. Hes offering me Blake for Delly. 9 cat league. Non H2H. Here is my team:

PG- Chris Paul
SG- Kent Bazemore
SF- Paul George
PF- Carmelo Anthony
C- Steven Adams
G- Rajon Rondo
F- Dirk Nowitzki
UTL- Kristaps Porzingis
UTL- Myles Turner

BENCH

Delly
Clint Capela
Eric Gordon
Kyle Korver
Ersan Ilyasova

Do I do this trade? I love the balance of my team and that my bigs will not murder my FT%. Unless Steven Adams turns into a double double machine, I dont however have a big rebounding big man. Griffen could do that but I also feel like he just adds more to what I already have. Delly has apparantly been killing it this preseason filling up every category and is a solid source of 3s, assists and steals. Hard stats to find on the waiver (esp assists).

I know I have CP3 and Rondo but they are both injury prone and it worries me that if they go down I wouldnt have another source of steals and assists to step in like Delly.

I also know that by name alone this seems rediculous that I am second guessing it, but looking at my team I dont know how much stronger Blake makes my roster. Especially considering I would have to bench Turner or Dirk if I acquire him which hurts my 3s and blocks, respectively.

Would you do this trade and pray to god CP3 and Rondo stay healthy and kill it for me with assists/steals to the point where I dont need Delly? Or do you think Delly can become very valuable because he just might turn into a guy who averages 12pts 8asts 4rbds 1stl while shooting very good percentages.
Goner
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Re: Blake for Delly? 

Post#2 » by Goner » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:32 pm

In terms of value alone, you'd be crazy not to take Blake and run. If your league is any sort of competitive, though, this ish will get vetoed quick. If not, take the trade and then flip Blake for an early round PG.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#3 » by LivingLegend » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Goner wrote:In terms of value alone, you'd be crazy not to take Blake and run. If your league is any sort of competitive, though, this ish will get vetoed quick. If not, take the trade and then flip Blake for an early round PG.

Yea but my issue is he plays PF and I already have Dirk, Kristaps, Myles Turner who all are strictly PF eligible. How Turner/Kristaps are not Center eligible I have no idea and if one of them was then I could just slide them over to C.

My issue is that Blake, while providing good scoring and shooting %s for a big, doesnt really help me out in any other area. He isnt a block or steal machine and that is basically why I have Adams and Turner for those categories.

If I bench Turner for Blake, the only real person I have to put up block numbers is Kristaps and maybe Adams so I will fall behind in that category while only really gaining in points.
jathy0082
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#4 » by jathy0082 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:12 pm

Take him and trade him immediately. IMO Blake is worth so much more, you'd be crazy not to take that

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Goner
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#5 » by Goner » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:41 am

LivingLegend wrote:
Goner wrote:In terms of value alone, you'd be crazy not to take Blake and run. If your league is any sort of competitive, though, this ish will get vetoed quick. If not, take the trade and then flip Blake for an early round PG.

Yea but my issue is he plays PF and I already have Dirk, Kristaps, Myles Turner who all are strictly PF eligible. How Turner/Kristaps are not Center eligible I have no idea and if one of them was then I could just slide them over to C.

My issue is that Blake, while providing good scoring and shooting %s for a big, doesnt really help me out in any other area. He isnt a block or steal machine and that is basically why I have Adams and Turner for those categories.

If I bench Turner for Blake, the only real person I have to put up block numbers is Kristaps and maybe Adams so I will fall behind in that category while only really gaining in points.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#6 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:52 am

I would take Blake and see what you can get for Dirk. I would be scared of Dirk in fantasy this year. There is a chance he puts up 10ppg and plays 45 games. The wheels fall off the bus of old guys at some point
AlciG
Starter
And1: 432

Post#7 » by AlciG » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:15 am

How is this even a question... Take the deal and run... It really should be vetoed unless you're a very casual league though
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,573

Post#8 » by OkcSinceSGA » Tue Nov 8, 2016 6:33 pm

LOL. Take Blake, trade 52 year old Dirk. Dirk is really good but he's getting up there in years and may not play many minutes. Griffin adds more than scoring. He's also giving 11 rpg (bounceback rebound year due to strategy changes) 4 apg, 1.5 spg
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#9 » by MiltownHawkeye » Tue Nov 8, 2016 10:17 pm

When I saw this thread title on the front page I assumed you were referring to Steve Blake, because that's the only way this trade would ever actually be a thing.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
pootbrah
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#10 » by pootbrah » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:45 pm

dont do it bro. blake is a straight 2 cater and delly is a pure 9 cat
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#11 » by PerkinsFor3 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Blake, then trade him. Way more trade value. But overrated.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,243

Post#12 » by Statlanta » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:18 am

Take Blake since Carmelo is multiple positional and you can put Myles, Kristaps on UTIL while having Dirk on the reserve F list with Blake in PF spot. Even if they all play on the same day Kyle Korver can replace Dirk's shooting since his volume will be slightly down this year and he won't play as many games
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
WCCC
Senior
And1: 507

Post#13 » by WCCC » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 am

Is Delly short for Lebron?
gocelts34
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#14 » by gocelts34 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:07 am

Your team is definitely going to struggle with assists. But I'd def take Blake and then follow it up with another move to address the assists cat. You probably would of needed help with or without Delly imo
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#15 » by Coxy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:58 am

Pretty much the most lob sided deal I've seen in years. It must be a joke.
enigma1800
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#16 » by enigma1800 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:34 am

WTF ??!!! What type of league you are playing in for somebody offering you Blake for Delly ????? it has to be a joke
Based Mike Ross
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#17 » by Based Mike Ross » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:33 am

what amazes me is the serious responses you guys have been giving him.....

Return to Fantasy Basketball