Giannis blockbuster...

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,854

Giannis blockbuster... 

Post#1 » by Raptors Realtor » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:52 pm

20 team/9 cat/H2h Dynasty league... 15 player roster (keep 11 at the end the year)

Embiid, Draymond Green, Carmelo, Aminu & Ingles
For:
Giannis

I have great depth and finished 1st in the regular season last year... On paper the offer looks really good, however my concern is the key player I'm getting back (Embiid) has health/injury issues... What do you guys think?
Asian Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,615

Re: Giannis blockbuster... 

Post#2 » by Asian Celtic » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Raptors Realtor wrote:20 team 9 cat h2h league... 15 player roster (keep 11 at the end the year)

For:
Giannis

I have great depth and finished 1st in the regular season last year... On paper the offer looks really good, however my concern is the key player I'm getting back (Embiid) has health/injury issues... What do you guys think?

He's playing at an MVP rate. I'd keep Giannis. Quality > Quantity
Raptors Realtor
Analyst

Post#3 » by Raptors Realtor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:10 am

Asian Celtic wrote:
Raptors Realtor wrote:20 team 9 cat h2h league... 15 player roster (keep 11 at the end the year)

For:
Giannis

Thanks for the reply Asian Celtic, I think I'm leaning in that direction, but still undecided.
Asian Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Asian Celtic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:39 am

Raptors Realtor wrote:
Asian Celtic wrote:

For:
Giannis

Thanks for the reply Asian Celtic, I think I'm leaning in that direction, but still undecided.

I'm not a fantasy vet or expert though. But If I were in your shoes i'd also consider the roster spot when receiving players on that end if it would be worth it.

Yeah not much replying on this board. I'm trying to look for some active fantasy forums.
Raptors Realtor
Analyst

Post#5 » by Raptors Realtor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:17 am

Asian Celtic wrote:
Raptors Realtor wrote:
Asian Celtic wrote:

I'm not a fantasy vet or expert though. But If I were in your shoes i'd also consider the roster spot when receiving players on that end if it would be worth it.

Yeah not much replying on this board. I'm trying to look for some active fantasy forums.

I hear ya, I'd probably be more motivated to do this deal if I didn't have such good depth already. In addition to Giannis, I have guys like George, Jokic, Booker, Wiggins, A. Gordon, Howard, Randle, Peyton, Dunn and LaVine who make up my keepers.

This is my first time on the fantasy board, but you're right it seems like a ghost town.
mikestar
Junior
And1: 105

Post#6 » by mikestar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:37 am

Keep Giannis for sure.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#7 » by Dominator83 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:20 pm

Asian Celtic wrote:
Raptors Realtor wrote:
Asian Celtic wrote:

It's a damn shame too man. You would think that a major NBA fan discussion site such as this one would have a hopping fantasy hoops discussion board going. FAR too little talk.

And for most the part I agree with you that quality not quantity. Also depends on the makeup of a team. If your starting Giannis and 6 bums, then yea you might wanna explore how many good players he can fetch.

I actually have Giannis this year. And my team as a whole is hurting a little between Gobert being out, Nurkic being a semi bust, Air Gordon slowing down after a scorching start, etc. I'm on the verge of shopping around Giannis, but I would demand 2 high end players in return. Some teams a can potentially offer him to I would ask for Lillard/Booker, another team I might offer Giannis / Nurkic for Porzingis /M gasol, another team for KAT/ Payton, etc. Those are the type of 2 for 1s I will seek if I decide to shopp him
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Asian Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Asian Celtic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:38 pm

Dominater wrote:
Asian Celtic wrote:
Raptors Realtor wrote:

It's a damn shame too man. You would think that a major NBA fan discussion site such as this one would have a hopping fantasy hoops discussion board going. FAR too little talk.

And for most the part I agree with you that quality not quantity. Also depends on the makeup of a team. If your starting Giannis and 6 bums, then yea you might wanna explore how many good players he can fetch.

I actually have Giannis this year. And my team as a whole is hurting a little between Gobert being out, Nurkic being a semi bust, Air Gordon slowing down after a scorching start, etc. I'm on the verge of shopping around Giannis, but I would demand 2 high end players in return. Some teams a can potentially offer him to I would ask for Lillard/Booker, another team I might offer Giannis / Nurkic for Porzingis /M gasol, another team for KAT/ Payton, etc. Those are the type of 2 for 1s I will seek if I decide to shopp him

Found a lot more discussion on Fantasy Basketball on the reddit forums. I'll keep visiting this board though.

I drafted my Giannis #1 overall and did not regret it 1 bit. Also had Simmons so these two monsters already have the pts rb ast blk stls almost covered by themselves but was thinking of trading simmons for a more FT efficient team as I am trying to build a punt TO team. Any ideas?
Raptors Realtor
Analyst

Post#9 » by Raptors Realtor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:44 pm

Asian Celtic wrote:
Dominater wrote:
Asian Celtic wrote:

Found a lot more discussion on Fantasy Basketball on the reddit forums. I'll keep visiting this board though.

I drafted my Giannis #1 overall and did not regret it 1 bit. Also had Simmons so these two monsters already have the pts rb ast blk stls almost covered by themselves but was thinking of trading simmons for a more FT efficient team as I am trying to build a punt TO team. Any ideas?

Hey Asian Celtic, is it a keeper league?... If so, I wouldn't deal Simmons, too high of a ceiling. If it isn't a keeper league I'd aim high and go after Paul George or Klay Thompson... I have Simmons in a non - keeper league, and I've been turning down solid offers left & right., ex. Turned down Teague & Milsap.
Asian Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Asian Celtic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:24 am

Raptors Realtor wrote:
Asian Celtic wrote:
Dominater wrote:It's a damn shame too man. You would think that a major NBA fan discussion site such as this one would have a hopping fantasy hoops discussion board going. FAR too little talk.

Hey Asian Celtic, is it a keeper league?... If so, I wouldn't deal Simmons, too high of a ceiling. If it isn't a keeper league I'd aim high and go after Paul George or Klay Thompson... I have Simmons in a non - keeper league, and I've been turning down solid offers left & right., ex. Turned down Teague & Milsap.

Non Keeper league, H2H 12team 9cat league. Was offered Klay + Markkanen but I turned it down and was early on the season where markkanen was still an unknown.
pootbrah
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#11 » by pootbrah » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:22 pm

I'd jump all over that personally.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Post#12 » by CPT » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:21 am

If you made this deal, who are the players you would cut? Because the deal is really

For:
Giannis, __________, __________, _________, & __________

Even if they are going to the waiver wire and not the other team, you'll still have to give them up. And after a 5 for 1, the other owner will probably grab 2 or 3.

Return to Fantasy Basketball