If Giannis is off the board, am I crazy for taking KAT over AD at #2?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

CableKC
RealGM
And1: 10,720

If Giannis is off the board, am I crazy for taking KAT over AD at #2? 

Post#1 » by CableKC » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:23 pm

Last season, I drafted AD with the #1 pick. Although he did great, his on/off injuries were killing me. Enough for me to be really concerned about drafting him EVER AGAIN.

This season, I lucked out again with the #2 pick.

Assuming that Giannis is off the board; I went over the stats and read expected outlook of what both AD and KAT will do. I look at drafting AD as the "Medium Risk ( due to injury and Time management concerns ), higher reward" pick. Whereas KAT would be the "Lower risk, not as high reward but safer" pick at #2.

I abhor inconsistency when it comes to building my Team ( especially coming from my first round pick ) and AD's injury concerns are a major turnoff to me. But I also recognize that AD is the higher reward Player but a little.

If Giannis on the board at #2, I'd take him. But if he's not, then would I be crazy for drafting KAT at #2 over AD if I were to focus on Big Man stats as my Draft Strategy?
- In 2024, you are not voting for a "Democrat" or "Republican". You are voting for the Party that will defend Democracy and protect the most vulnerable among us.

#THE_GOP_IS_DEAD
#IT_IS_THE_PARTY_OF_TRUMP_NOW
pootbrah
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Re: If Giannis is off the board, am I crazy for taking KAT over AD at #2? 

Post#2 » by pootbrah » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:43 am

take kat and sleep easy
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#3 » by THE J0KER » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:04 am

Add AD and trade him for KAT taking some extra value from the rest of that whole deal (more players should be involved). Also, if you prefer Giannis so much, you can offer AD for him, a notable percentage of managers would agree. Someone who already takes Giannis over AD as #1 pick not belongs to that group, but if he late in the draft has problems with his center's line, you have chances to make that 1/1 deal, unlike in KAT for Giannis case.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#4 » by The_Hater » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:00 am

I would have zero problem taking KAT 1st overall and ahead of even Giannis. He rarely misses games, he fills the Center position and the Wolves plan to run the offense through him even more this season. And I would absolutely take him ahead of AD.

IMO the only mistake one can make early in the draft is taking a player that misses a chunk of the season and/or misses the fantasy playoffs. That’s the spot where getting a top player in good health matters. Taking injury risks is something to do later in the draft.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to Fantasy Basketball