Is this a valid/ethical strategy?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Is this a valid/ethical strategy? 

Post#1 » by theman » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:02 pm

I am in a 20 league with 2 IL slots. I currently have Gordon Hayward, Kris Middleton, John Collins, and Elfrid Payton all not playing due to injury/suspension. If I bench everyone except Brandon Clark maybe fill in a couple other players. I would likely win FG%, FT% and TOs. and 3-6 until healthier. I doubt playing every health player would yield better results and could likely do worse.

Just an idea I am kicking around. Thoughts?
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,510

Re: Is this a valid/ethical strategy? 

Post#2 » by whitehops » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:51 pm

hard to say without seeing your whole roster to say if it's viable but i don't think it's unethical. if you load up on efficient guys who get steals and blocks to fill out your roster you might be able to sneak out some 5-4 wins.
AlciG
Starter
And1: 432

Post#3 » by AlciG » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:11 pm

Nope... not unethical. You do what you can to maximise your results. Only 'unethical' thing imho opinion is streaming.
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,359

Post#4 » by Bank Shot » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:21 pm

theman wrote:I am in a 20 league with 2 IL slots. I currently have Gordon Hayward, Kris Middleton, John Collins, and Elfrid Payton all not playing due to injury/suspension. If I bench everyone except Brandon Clark maybe fill in a couple other players. I would likely win FG%, FT% and TOs. and 3-6 until healthier. I doubt playing every health player would yield better results and could likely do worse.

Just an idea I am kicking around. Thoughts?

Nope it's fine. I haven't done it on a Monday before, but I've did it on a Wednesday a couple times in the pre-IL era.
J_T
Veteran
And1: 1,843

Post#5 » by J_T » Sun Dec 1, 2019 1:13 am

AlciG wrote:Nope... not unethical. You do what you can to maximise your results. Only 'unethical' thing imho opinion is streaming.

Why is streaming unethical. If I have 7 acquisitions I assume the intention of league GM is to stream. It's part of the game.
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,359

Post#6 » by Bank Shot » Mon Dec 2, 2019 3:58 pm

I don't get the "steaming is bad" complaints either. Steaming rewards players who pay attention, adds extra strategy to the game, and limits luck. All of those are good things. If streaming is limited, teams are going to be at the mercy of schedule and more matchups will be decided by injury luck. Everyone should keep 1-2 spots open for streaming.

Return to Fantasy Basketball