Protest this trade?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

User avatar
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
Posts: 23,486
And1: 27,233
Joined: Jun 27, 2002
   

Protest this trade? 

Post#1 » by Duffman100 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 4:01 pm

3 player keeper, standard Yahoo category league.

Paul George
2nd Rounder

for

Trae Young
7th rounder

Team in the playoffs is getting Trae Young.
Teams have had a history of weirdly unbalanced trades in the past.

I'm protesting. Trae Young is a keeper, 4th overall player and it makes no sense to trade him.

But curious what others think?
J_T
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,730
And1: 933
Joined: May 07, 2017

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#2 » by J_T » Sun Mar 1, 2020 4:27 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Teams have had a history of weirdly unbalanced trades in the past.

Can you give few examples of these past trades?
User avatar
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
Posts: 23,486
And1: 27,233
Joined: Jun 27, 2002
   

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#3 » by Duffman100 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 4:46 pm

J_T wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:Teams have had a history of weirdly unbalanced trades in the past.

Can you give few examples of these past trades?


One I can remember was,

Beal
Young
Drummond
Collins (ATL)
12 pick
13 pick
14 pick

For

Saric
Parker
Randle
Hart
1 pick
6 pick
7 pick

That got a lot of attention and was vetoed.
J_T
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,730
And1: 933
Joined: May 07, 2017

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#4 » by J_T » Sun Mar 1, 2020 5:20 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
J_T wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:Teams have had a history of weirdly unbalanced trades in the past.

Can you give few examples of these past trades?


One I can remember was,

Beal
Young
Drummond
Collins (ATL)
12 pick
13 pick
14 pick

For

Saric
Parker
Randle
Hart
1 pick
6 pick
7 pick

That got a lot of attention and was vetoed.

That's just terrible. I don't think they are colluding, it's just that this first guy massively overvalues picks. So 1st pick here is basically a "regular" 4th round pick.

Actually on second thought I'm not sure if they are not colluding anymore. To me it looks like each of the 4 players offered is better than each of the 4 players on the other side and any player available in that 4th round. Yeah, I'd veto all that.
Pointgod
General Manager
Posts: 9,191
And1: 8,925
Joined: Jun 28, 2014

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#5 » by Pointgod » Mon Mar 2, 2020 3:44 pm

Not 100 percent sure if it’s veto worthy. Trae is far and away the better keeper but I guess George is still too 20 when healthy and the value of the 2nd round pick is highly dependent on the number of teams in your league and number of keepers.
User avatar
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
Posts: 23,486
And1: 27,233
Joined: Jun 27, 2002
   

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#6 » by Duffman100 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 4:19 pm

Pointgod wrote:Not 100 percent sure if it’s veto worthy. Trae is far and away the better keeper but I guess George is still too 20 when healthy and the value of the 2nd round pick is highly dependent on the number of teams in your league and number of keepers.


A top 5 fantasy player who is 21 years old for a player who's had issues with injuries and is almost 30 years old?

The players in the 2nd round do not justify that trade.
Boneman2
General Manager
Posts: 7,743
And1: 1,105
Joined: Jul 07, 2003
Location: Indy
       

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#7 » by Boneman2 » Tue Mar 3, 2020 6:33 pm

If you're in a salary cap league then it would seem lopsided to me.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
User avatar
sunskerr
Head Coach
Posts: 6,751
And1: 2,953
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
 

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#8 » by sunskerr » Wed Mar 4, 2020 8:27 am

With the info you have given it is not veto worthy unless collusion.

Return to Fantasy Basketball