Protest this trade?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

User avatar
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
Posts: 24,814
And1: 29,822
Joined: Jun 27, 2002
   

Protest this trade? 

Post#1 » by Duffman100 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 4:01 pm

3 player keeper, standard Yahoo category league.

Paul George
2nd Rounder

for

Trae Young
7th rounder

Team in the playoffs is getting Trae Young.
Teams have had a history of weirdly unbalanced trades in the past.

I'm protesting. Trae Young is a keeper, 4th overall player and it makes no sense to trade him.

But curious what others think?
J_T
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,856
And1: 1,092
Joined: May 07, 2017

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#2 » by J_T » Sun Mar 1, 2020 4:27 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Teams have had a history of weirdly unbalanced trades in the past.

Can you give few examples of these past trades?
User avatar
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
Posts: 24,814
And1: 29,822
Joined: Jun 27, 2002
   

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#3 » by Duffman100 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 4:46 pm

J_T wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:Teams have had a history of weirdly unbalanced trades in the past.

Can you give few examples of these past trades?


One I can remember was,

Beal
Young
Drummond
Collins (ATL)
12 pick
13 pick
14 pick

For

Saric
Parker
Randle
Hart
1 pick
6 pick
7 pick

That got a lot of attention and was vetoed.
J_T
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,856
And1: 1,092
Joined: May 07, 2017

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#4 » by J_T » Sun Mar 1, 2020 5:20 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
J_T wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:Teams have had a history of weirdly unbalanced trades in the past.

Can you give few examples of these past trades?


One I can remember was,

Beal
Young
Drummond
Collins (ATL)
12 pick
13 pick
14 pick

For

Saric
Parker
Randle
Hart
1 pick
6 pick
7 pick

That got a lot of attention and was vetoed.

That's just terrible. I don't think they are colluding, it's just that this first guy massively overvalues picks. So 1st pick here is basically a "regular" 4th round pick.

Actually on second thought I'm not sure if they are not colluding anymore. To me it looks like each of the 4 players offered is better than each of the 4 players on the other side and any player available in that 4th round. Yeah, I'd veto all that.
Pointgod
RealGM
Posts: 10,424
And1: 10,131
Joined: Jun 28, 2014

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#5 » by Pointgod » Mon Mar 2, 2020 3:44 pm

Not 100 percent sure if it’s veto worthy. Trae is far and away the better keeper but I guess George is still too 20 when healthy and the value of the 2nd round pick is highly dependent on the number of teams in your league and number of keepers.
User avatar
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
Posts: 24,814
And1: 29,822
Joined: Jun 27, 2002
   

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#6 » by Duffman100 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 4:19 pm

Pointgod wrote:Not 100 percent sure if it’s veto worthy. Trae is far and away the better keeper but I guess George is still too 20 when healthy and the value of the 2nd round pick is highly dependent on the number of teams in your league and number of keepers.


A top 5 fantasy player who is 21 years old for a player who's had issues with injuries and is almost 30 years old?

The players in the 2nd round do not justify that trade.
Boneman2
General Manager
Posts: 7,863
And1: 1,234
Joined: Jul 07, 2003
Location: Indy
       

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#7 » by Boneman2 » Tue Mar 3, 2020 6:33 pm

If you're in a salary cap league then it would seem lopsided to me.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
User avatar
sunskerr
Head Coach
Posts: 6,842
And1: 3,055
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
 

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#8 » by sunskerr » Wed Mar 4, 2020 8:27 am

With the info you have given it is not veto worthy unless collusion.
100proof
Starter
Posts: 2,187
And1: 1,114
Joined: Jul 25, 2019

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#9 » by 100proof » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:15 pm

Veto. That is a trash trade.
vct33
Starter
Posts: 2,393
And1: 732
Joined: Feb 17, 2008
       

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#10 » by vct33 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:21 pm

The only thing that matters is whether or not you think there’s collusion. I don’t believe in vetoing a trade just because somebody is getting over on someone else. I say, “good for them”. I think a veto should only be used to stop cheating.
I brings the ruckus to the ladies!
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 41,433
And1: 7,192
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#11 » by Ruzious » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:32 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
Pointgod wrote:Not 100 percent sure if it’s veto worthy. Trae is far and away the better keeper but I guess George is still too 20 when healthy and the value of the 2nd round pick is highly dependent on the number of teams in your league and number of keepers.


A top 5 fantasy player who is 21 years old for a player who's had issues with injuries and is almost 30 years old?

The players in the 2nd round do not justify that trade.

I'd have to know what types of players are available in the 2nd round.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
bernadine
Ballboy
Posts: 2
And1: 0
Joined: Sep 23, 2020
         

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#12 » by bernadine » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:21 am

I don’t believe in vetoing a trade just because somebody is getting over on someone else.
kobe_vs_jordan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,400
And1: 2,715
Joined: Jan 07, 2012
Location: Atl
   

Re: Protest this trade? 

Post#13 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:52 pm

bernadine wrote:I don’t believe in vetoing a trade just because somebody is getting over on someone else.

If you play in free leagues, that's fine.

Return to Fantasy Basketball