Add/Drop Projecting

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

User avatar
BoyzNTheHood
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,897
And1: 4,549
Joined: Apr 19, 2015

Add/Drop Projecting 

Post#1 » by BoyzNTheHood » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:32 am

Is it possible to see how adding/dropping a player will affect your lineup without doing the math yourself? I'm on Yahoo and I know when you're trying to work out a trade you can see estimates on how it will affect your lineup moving forward, but I haven't been able to find that tool for adds/drops.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
J_T
Starter
Posts: 2,204
And1: 1,434
Joined: May 07, 2017

Re: Add/Drop Projecting 

Post#2 » by J_T » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:55 pm

I'm sure I misunderstand your question, but why would add/drop be any different than trade? Why couldn't you just use one of these online trade analysis sites and pretend that dropped players are traded away and added players traded in?
User avatar
BoyzNTheHood
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,897
And1: 4,549
Joined: Apr 19, 2015

Re: Add/Drop Projecting 

Post#3 » by BoyzNTheHood » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:50 pm

J_T wrote:I'm sure I misunderstand your question, but why would add/drop be any different than trade? Why couldn't you just use one of these online trade analysis sites and pretend that dropped players are traded away and added players traded in?


If they're not on an active roster it won't allow me to project them statistically into my lineup.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
NeoDragonKnight
Starter
Posts: 2,044
And1: 2,153
Joined: Aug 12, 2008
     

Re: Add/Drop Projecting 

Post#4 » by NeoDragonKnight » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:09 am

There are websites that will do these projections, but you have to buy memberships. I signed up for Basketball Monster this year, and it has been great. I don't think it has exact projections for drop and adds but it definitely has single player projections you can use to calculate the change. It is pricey though, like $50. So unless you are on a several leagues and have a lot of money on the line, it may not be worth it.
Chainz01
Ballboy
Posts: 2
And1: 0
Joined: Nov 22, 2020
 

Re: Add/Drop Projecting 

Post#5 » by Chainz01 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:53 am

Jv and Larry nance for KAT?
User avatar
BoyzNTheHood
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,897
And1: 4,549
Joined: Apr 19, 2015

Re: Add/Drop Projecting 

Post#6 » by BoyzNTheHood » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 am

NeoDragonKnight wrote:There are websites that will do these projections, but you have to buy memberships. I signed up for Basketball Monster this year, and it has been great. I don't think it has exact projections for drop and adds but it definitely has single player projections you can use to calculate the change. It is pricey though, like $50. So unless you are on a several leagues and have a lot of money on the line, it may not be worth it.


Thanks a lot man! I'm not sure I'm willing to pay the fee, but the information you provided is definitely appreciated.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.

Return to Fantasy Basketball