Can Someone Help Me Fix My Team?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,718

Can Someone Help Me Fix My Team? 

Post#1 » by BoyzNTheHood » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:07 pm

For the second year in a row I thought I drafted well, but have now found myself in 9th place (out of 12 teams), and would like to fix my squad before it's too late. Help please!

PG - Dejounte Murray
SG - Jaylen Brown
G - Tyler Herro
SF - Andrew Wiggins
PF - Draymond Green
F - Brandon Ingram
C - Alperen Sengun
UTIL - Cody Martin
UTIL - Larry Nance
UTIL - Dennis Schroder
BN - Joe Ingles
BN - Hassan Whiteside
BN - Open for adding anyone
IL - Giannis Antetokounmpo
IL - Bam Adebayo
IL - Thomas Bryant
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,275

Re: Can Someone Help Me Fix My Team? 

Post#2 » by babyjax13 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:28 pm

I think people would need to know scoring system and how many teams you have. I assume it's 9-cat. If that's the case, I'd start by seeing if there are better players on waivers than Martin/Nance/Ingles or try to package 2 of them to bolster one of your categories. Based on your team, I assume you want to punt threes and freethrows and want to win in blocks and steals, so maybe see if you can get someone like Jakob Poeltl? And don't be afraid to move Whiteside, too.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by BoyzNTheHood » Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:14 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I think people would need to know scoring system and how many teams you have. I assume it's 9-cat. If that's the case, I'd start by seeing if there are better players on waivers than Martin/Nance/Ingles or try to package 2 of them to bolster one of your categories. Based on your team, I assume you want to punt threes and freethrows and want to win in blocks and steals, so maybe see if you can get someone like Jakob Poeltl? And don't be afraid to move Whiteside, too.
You're correct. It's 9-Cat and the scoring is the Yahoo default settings. I will definitely try to make some deals. I have to do something right away, but COVID is kind of throwing a wrench into everything either way LOL

Sent from my LYA-L0C using RealGM mobile app
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
NeoDragonKnight
Starter
And1: 2,571

Post#4 » by NeoDragonKnight » Thu Jan 6, 2022 5:57 pm

Just some general advice, you should be trying to fill the lower part of the roster with higher upside players. People like Jingles, Schroder, Whiteside, are all low upside players. What that means is they are older players that do not have the ability to really expand their numbers and climb the player rankings throughout the season, either because of role, minutes, frequent injuries ect. Their best days are behind them and despite a few stretches where they may play well in which case you stream them for a week or so but not hold long term, they will generally stay a steady low player ranking or even fall completely off.

Someone like Sengun who you have is a high upside player whos ranking and stats will most likely increase as the season progresses and a good example that you should fill your backend with. These are typically younger players whos teams will want to develop and have room to grow. Some examples to keep an eye on are KJ Martin who had really good numbers at the end of last year, and whos minutes are starting to climb as Houston digs lower and lower in the standing. Sengun and Martin for example will most likely be producing top 100 numbers in the second half of the season, where players like Jingles, Schroder and Whiteside will be below 100 or even below 150 by seasons end as long as their teams are healthy and not in covid protocols. So its important to keep an eye on young players starting to produce good per minute numbers whos roles are going to increase, though right now its really hard to gauge until most teams have their players back from covid. Hope this helps a little, this is what I started to do the last 2 years and I have been at the top of my league since, and I stopped drafting veterans on the back ends of my draft.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by BoyzNTheHood » Fri Jan 7, 2022 4:15 am

NeoDragonKnight wrote:Just some general advice, you should be trying to fill the lower part of the roster with higher upside players. People like Jingles, Schroder, Whiteside, are all low upside players. What that means is they are older players that do not have the ability to really expand their numbers and climb the player rankings throughout the season, either because of role, minutes, frequent injuries ect. Their best days are behind them and despite a few stretches where they may play well in which case you stream them for a week or so but not hold long term, they will generally stay a steady low player ranking or even fall completely off.

Someone like Sengun who you have is a high upside player whos ranking and stats will most likely increase as the season progresses and a good example that you should fill your backend with. These are typically younger players whos teams will want to develop and have room to grow. Some examples to keep an eye on are KJ Martin who had really good numbers at the end of last year, and whos minutes are starting to climb as Houston digs lower and lower in the standing. Sengun and Martin for example will most likely be producing top 100 numbers in the second half of the season, where players like Jingles, Schroder and Whiteside will be below 100 or even below 150 by seasons end as long as their teams are healthy and not in covid protocols. So its important to keep an eye on young players starting to produce good per minute numbers whos roles are going to increase, though right now its really hard to gauge until most teams have their players back from covid. Hope this helps a little, this is what I started to do the last 2 years and I have been at the top of my league since, and I stopped drafting veterans on the back ends of my draft.

I'll definitely keep that in mind!

Return to Fantasy Basketball