2 trades offered to me, please evaluate

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

2 trades offered to me, please evaluate 

Post#1 » by Shady Franchise » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:45 am

i just got offered rashard lewis(sf/pf), joe johnson(sg) and blake(pg) for gerald wallace(sf), ellis(pg/sg), and rondo(pg).

and then i just also got offered my arenas/sheed for tinsley/al horford

12 team roto 11 cats: pts, reb, ast, stl, blk,to,DD,3pt,ft,ft%,fg%

should i do them?

my team now: (starters in bold)
arenas
rondo
nate robinson
foye
ellis
iggy
webster
gerald wallace
peja
al jefferson
wilcox
aldridge
sheed
mohammad

my team after:(possible starters in bold)
tinsley
nate robinson
blake
foye
joe johnson
webster
iggy
peja
lewis
al jefferson
aldridge
horford
wilcox
mohammad
Do not max Vuc!
FARMERMAN10
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#2 » by FARMERMAN10 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 1:20 am

I would not do the first, but maybe the second

has there been any news about arenas return? and how are you doing in your league?
Raptorian
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Raptorian » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:48 am

The first trade is the better one. Lewis may be slumping now, but he has been a consistant fantasy stud for years, so its a perfect time to buy low. Lewis is more valuable than wallace, JJ > Ellis so you win that one.

I wouldn't do the second trade. If you want to get rid of Arenas, try not to package him with a guy like Sheed. THere probably a better deal out there.
TR50
General Manager
And1: 1,211

Post#4 » by TR50 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:49 am

i heard its likely gilberts out for the year
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#5 » by Shady Franchise » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:43 am

well I'm 4-5 and in the 6th spot (last spot) for the playoffs half way through our fantasy season. Of course I think I would be a lot higher had gilbert not gotten hurt. I accepted the firt trade and for these reasons:

-lewis is a great player, and just needs to find a more solid role with orlando. He hasnt been great, but hasnt hurt fantasywise either. I mean he is the leading 3pt shooter in the NBA and I was hurting in 3pt attempts. If lewis breaks out and contributes like he did in seattle soon, then i won the trade right there.....
-Joe Johnson is a good all around player and I think he will stay more healthy than "Crash" wallace. g wallace and ellis are so hot right now that I think I can get top dollar for them. The way g. wallace plays hes bound to get hurt again soon, and ellis's production fluctuates every night, though he does have a good fg% for a pg....
- As for sheed, I dont need his services anymore because lewis will get me plenty of 3's and shard is also a pf/sf and I am stacked at the position. I want to trade a package of (aldridge, mohammad, sheed, or wilcox for an upgrade in my pg position and the guy who has tinsley wants sheed and arenas. I honestly dont use sheed or rondo that much at all because I have aldridge and al jefferson as my starting big men, and I was too affraid of rondo's inconsistancy hurting my TO's and FG% and FT%. Besides he was playing behind ellis, antonio daniels and anthony johnson when I had them. I'm hoping foye comes back soon and I can survive with foye, nate robinson, and blake as my pgs while arenas is out. Plus joe johnson helps with assits.

I guess only time will tell, thanks for the input guys!

OH ya and about Arenas. On the sportsline site that I am on they have updated that he is riding the stationary bike during home games and has come farther along with rehab than originally thought. So now do I keep him if I cant get much better than tinsley or trade him now since that is pretty positive news????
Do not max Vuc!

Return to Fantasy Basketball