tinsley for arenas straight up?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

tinsley for arenas straight up? 

Post#1 » by Shady Franchise » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:52 pm

arenas is out and may not come back this year. Tinsley is out for a couple more days, and has been playing well with around 8 assists per game. Do I pull the trigger for tinsley? Yes or No?
12 team 11 cat roto league: pts, reb, ast, stl,blk,dd,ft,ft%,fg%,3pt,TO

my team: (starters in bold)
arenas(out)
foye (out)
nate robinson
steve blake
joe johnson
iggy
peja
webster
shard lewis
al jefferson
wilcox (day to day)
aldridgesheed
mohammad
Do not max Vuc!
Shady Franchise
Veteran

Post#2 » by Shady Franchise » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:57 pm

PS: i just pulled a trade gerald wallace/ellis/rondo for shard lewis/joe johnson/steve blake.

makes my pg thin which is why I'm considering this tinsley trade that I got offered.

my starters would be

tinsley
johnson
iggy
aldridge or shard lewis
al jefferson

that team covers assists, steals,DD, 3pt, pts, reb, ft%, blk, but makes me weaker at fg%, ft, blk,
Do not max Vuc!
Anthrax
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Anthrax » Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:43 pm

If you are doing well I would not make that trade, tinsley is a high T/O guy with bad percentages and he has had a history of injury plagued seasons. I keep hearing people say that Arenas will sit out the year but I've never seen it verified, besides his team looks good to remain in contention and I highly doubt that he will want to miss the playoffs two years in a row.
Shady Franchise
Veteran

Post#4 » by Shady Franchise » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:25 am

thanks....btw I'm 4-5 and the last spot (6) for the playoffs half way through our season. I'm hoping my shard/johnson trade will boost me a bit. I'm on a 3 game slide and dont want to fall out of contention. I currently have jack crap for pgs as you can see i now only have blake, robinson, foye (who should come back in acouple weeks) and arenas (unknown). However antonio daniels is on the waiver wire as is chucky atkins and anthony johnson who I dropped for nate robinson. Given that info, what should I do now?? Still hold onto arenas for a better deal?
Do not max Vuc!
Anthrax
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Anthrax » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:35 am

yes i'd definitely hold onto Gil, I would drop one of your PGs (i'd drop nate) for daniels immediately. He'll get you some decent assits with good percentages and very low TOs. JJ helps out with assists too, he gets about 5.5 per game you'll be fine when foye comes back. Don't hesitate on daniels, I'd make that move quickly before someone else does.

Return to Fantasy Basketball