Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Optimism Prime
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31

Terry or Calderon? 

Post#1 » by Optimism Prime » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:17 pm

Just picked up Terry in a trade, but am I better off dropping him for Calderon?
Hello ladies. Look at your posts. Now back to mine. Now back at your posts now back to MINE. Sadly, they aren't mine. But if your posts started using Optimismâ„¢, they could sound like mine. This post is now diamonds.

I'm on a horse.
Joga_Bonito
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#2 » by Joga_Bonito » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:51 pm

If you need more PTS keep Terry but if you want more AST pick up Calderon. Jose has been a double double machine, low TO and good shooting and FT %.
Anthrax
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Anthrax » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:01 pm

If you need 3s then I would keep Terry. If you need assists I'd get Jose since he has been averaging 8-10 asts as a starter, he also gives you great percentages (50% FG, 90%FT) and almost no turnovers.
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#4 » by Shady Franchise » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:56 pm

man... calderon has sure come a long way since the beginning of the season. I still look back in pain at the trade offered to me that I declined. Rondo for Calderon. I was so close to doing it but my friends in my league talked me out of it :( Last time I listen to them!!!!

Like everyone else said. If you need 3's and points keep terry, but assists fg% ft% and now DD go for calderon.
Do not max Vuc!
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#5 » by Young_Star11 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:09 am

Jose's no mug from the 3pt line either. He could also hit a three per game.

He can also score fairly nicely, and has awesome percentages.

He also has a very high assist to turnover ratio, helped by the high assists and low turnovers and his steals to turnover ratio is fair.

Jose for me.
Raptors90102
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#6 » by Raptors90102 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:54 pm

Jose is ranked 31st on the player radar for a reason. You get good percentages (excellent for a guard mind you), a steal a game, almost a 3 per game, almost 10 assists with 1 turnover per game, 15 points and almost 4 rebounds, thats pretty good IMO.

If he is still on the waiver wire in your league, then as Kamla says, "Your league is fraudulant"
Optimism Prime
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31

Post#7 » by Optimism Prime » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:02 pm

Raptors90102 wrote:Jose is ranked 31st on the player radar for a reason. You get good percentages (excellent for a guard mind you), a steal a game, almost a 3 per game, almost 10 assists with 1 turnover per game, 15 points and almost 4 rebounds, thats pretty good IMO.

If he is still on the waiver wire in your league, then as Kamla says, "Your league is fraudulant"

As I say to Kamla... my league is 6 teams. :D
Hello ladies. Look at your posts. Now back to mine. Now back at your posts now back to MINE. Sadly, they aren't mine. But if your posts started using Optimismâ„¢, they could sound like mine. This post is now diamonds.

I'm on a horse.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#8 » by Stanford » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:24 pm

Raptors90102 wrote:Jose is ranked 31st on the player radar for a reason. You get good percentages (excellent for a guard mind you), a steal a game, almost a 3 per game, almost 10 assists with 1 turnover per game, 15 points and almost 4 rebounds, thats pretty good IMO.

Every league Kamla plays in is fraudulant. He doesn't play with TOs.

Return to Fantasy Basketball