D-12 for Marion and Kidd

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

flipmode800
Sophomore
And1: 0

D-12 for Marion and Kidd 

Post#1 » by flipmode800 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 4:00 am

10 Team Roto league - FG, FT, 3s, Pts, Reb, Ast, Stl, Blk.

Someone just traded Dwight Howard and Elton Brand for Shawn Marion, Jason Kidd and Nick Collison?

Comments welcome
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,900

Post#2 » by Stanford » Sat Feb 9, 2008 5:07 am

A roto league without %s and TOs is such a cop out.

I would say Dwight is a top five player with this kind of scoring system. Marion and Kidd probably aren't in the top 25.

Basketball monster says Dwight is #7. Kidd is 43 and Marion is 32. Names aside, I'd say it's about even. The fact that you're getting Brand (playing for a new contract) puts you over the top.

What's the point of asking for comments on a trade that's already been completed, btw?
flipmode800
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#3 » by flipmode800 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 2:56 pm

Sorry when I said FG and FT i meant FG% and FT% are categories, but you are correct that there is not a TO category.

The reason I asked about the trade after it was completed is because to me it seems like a terrible deal and I was not involved. Just wanted to know if other people saw it as fair or not.
kiz5
Veteran
And1: 304

Post#4 » by kiz5 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 4:29 pm

Without turnovers, Howard is a top top player, and Marion drops a lot.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#5 » by magicfan4life05 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:00 pm

Stanford wrote:A roto league without %s and TOs is such a cop out.

I would say Dwight is a top five player with this kind of scoring system. Marion and Kidd probably aren't in the top 25.

Basketball monster says Dwight is #7. Kidd is 43 and Marion is 32. Names aside, I'd say it's about even. The fact that you're getting Brand (playing for a new contract) puts you over the top.

What's the point of asking for comments on a trade that's already been completed, btw?

stanford, what do you mean by this statement? im in a roto league that counts fg and ft percentage as well as to's, do you mean they shouldnt count? why...thx
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,900

Post#6 » by Stanford » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:29 pm

magicfan4life05 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

stanford, what do you mean by this statement? im in a roto league that counts fg and ft percentage as well as to's, do you mean they shouldnt count? why...thx

Roto leagues without negative stats are cop outs. They defeat the purpose of roto leagues.

Return to Fantasy Basketball