Sim League Ads

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

dmend34
Suspended
And1: 0

Re: Sim League Ads 

Post#181 » by dmend34 » Sat May 4, 2013 7:37 pm

ESBA is restarting and going back to Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 3. ESBA is a modern league using the 2012 season disk and starting from the beginning of the 2012 season. We cleared out all of the crappy/inactive manager we had and are need of a lot of GM's. A lot of teams still open so come on and join us!

Here is our forum:
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Elite_Sim_League/index.php

Any questions? Feel free to contact me on
AIM: dmend19
Email: dmend19@gmail.com
DLee62
Ballboy

Post#182 » by DLee62 » Sat May 25, 2013 2:57 pm

NSA Sim League is just forming and looking for GM's. We're using DDSPB3 as our sim engine. Come GM your own NBA team here at NSA! Our website: http://nationalsimleague.boards.net

Just register and request a team to join!
serevei
Junior
And1: 12

Post#183 » by serevei » Sun May 26, 2013 9:09 am

New current sim league just opened up, starting at the beginning of this year’s season… Many great teams still available. Run by the “bundybastard” himself an absolute force of a commissioner running multiple long standing leagues with 5 years of experience. Run using FBB2.

Main index here: http://simleaguenbad.site88.net/biatch/html/

If you haven’t been in a league before don’t worry just ask for help, we are here to help you.
thomascos5g
Ballboy

Post#184 » by thomascos5g » Fri Jun 7, 2013 4:47 am

Ok.i will rejoin on Sim league and follow up your instructions.
Yugi123
Banned User

Post#185 » by Yugi123 » Thu Jul 4, 2013 2:27 pm

jscott
Sixth Man
And1: 299

Post#186 » by jscott » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:31 pm

ABCA Legends is a historical sim league with finances and 20-something other GMs or more. It's run on FBB3 and we've been running sims on the FBB platform since 2003-04.

West, Robertson, Hondo, and Wilkens just entered the league.

League is highly competitive and stable.

We also research historical international players. League is free.

http://abca.proboards.com
Hoops3355
Junior
And1: 78

Post#187 » by Hoops3355 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:51 am

Hey Guys,

RBSL (The best sim league without a doubt, don't be fooled by the pretenders)

We've had a two teams that have opened up with decent talent and are looking for some solid replacements. The League started back in 2006 and is currently in the 2054 Season. The game uses the Fast Break Basketball engine. It's highly addicting and awesome way to take control of an NBA team and possibly lead them to the promised land. Shoot me a pm on here if you are interested.
Miami / Chicago / London
Myles
Ballboy

Post#188 » by Myles » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Hey guys, currently there are two elite leagues out there right now with openings. Both leagues use the Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball game series, in my opinion the best text-based basketball sim for computer, so be sure to check it out! The games can be found at http://www.wolverinestudios.com

National Live League (PB2)

http://www.nllballers.net/viewforum.php?f=81

Although this league uses Pro Basketball 2, having the game isn't mandatory and the league is working on obtaining more licenses for use.

The NLL started in 2003, and has continued strong for 10 years now. We are currently in the 2018 offseason, and having the league be "simulated" for 15 years now means we have our own extensive history that is almost an alternate reality to the NBA. We always have a rookie class that is created by two rookie commissioners that helps us stay current. For instance, the 2018 draft class included Bradley Beal, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and Thomas Robinson. However, we pride on this being our own story, and so players like Maalik Wayns, Jackie Carmichael, and Isaiah Austin were also selected in the top 5 of this year's draft.

The NLL is one of the best leagues out there and I've been hooked for two years now. Come join our great league and be a part of something historic!

Champion Sim League (PB3)

http://csl.boards.net/board/26/open-teams

The CSL started recently and begun with the 2012-2013 season, and prides itself on being active and engaging. With a strong admin team, this league is set to be alive and well for years to come. While we haven't had enough time to create our own history, the CSL is also using a rookie commissioner to ensure the long term health of the league, as well as a bit of "alternate reality" to it. Currently mocked to go in the top 10 of the 2013 draft are Kyle Anderson, James McAdoo, and Alex Poythress, whereas players such as Anthony Bennett, Alex Len, and Steven Adams did not declare for this draft.

If you are looking for a league that is fairly current and is still taking off, join us over in the CSL!
rumdiary
Starter
And1: 774

Post#189 » by rumdiary » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:18 pm

Dynasty Five is starting up an off season alternate league.

Click +Join to sign up.
desi tmac91
Junior
And1: 289

Post#190 » by desi tmac91 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:42 am

SLOR sim league is an ongoing sim league currently wrapping up its 41st season in the year 2036 just several days from the KG draft (we got so far that we had to restart on the drafts). This is no beginner's league and its preferable that you have a decent amount of experience under your belt because there is a steep learning curve even for veterans of FBB. Sims are every day with 5 day sims and for the playoffs, only 2 games are simmed per day. This league is very, very thorough because of that. The minimal amount of days simmed give GM's ample amount of time to make adjustments and moves, which is huge for the playoffs especially for GM's who can't make it to every live sim. This may not be for those who prefer fast sims but if you want a long lasting sim league that will take things slow then this is a league for you.

Also this may very well be the most competitive league I've ever been in. Everyone knows their stuff and are veterans of the game. Plus the GM's here are awesome enough to provide advanced statistics such true shooting %, PER, per 36 Assist % and several more. Heck there is a very complicated pre-draft analysis where one of the GM's goes through the draft preview and uses his own statistical formula to form a prospect ranking.

Currently we need 1 more GM for the Bulls. Link is below.

http://simleagueone.proboards.com/
krikor
Veteran
And1: 721

Post#191 » by krikor » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:41 pm

if some players intrested to join http://games.espn.go.com/fba/leagueoffi ... ueId=19102

Invited here too http://www.xtratime.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=132

draft on monday 7 pm eastern time
HoopsNerd
Ballboy

Post#192 » by HoopsNerd » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:59 am

Fantasy Basketball Assocation at ProFSL.com
if you agree with Steven A. Smith and Henry Abbott, chances are good that you're just as much annoyed by tanking as I am. After all, what’s the point of sports if up to a third of the teams don’t even try to compete?

The basic idea behind the Fantasy Basketball Association (FBA) is to correct the aspects of the Collective Bargaining Agreement that primarily help owners but at the cost of corrupting true competition.

What will be different in the FBA?
24 teams instead of 30: this will increase competitive balance by reversing talent dilution

rookie draft auction: rookies will be auctioned for draft credits. Credits are given to teams based on the final standing, however the difference between the best and worst team will be rather small. Therefore, there will still be an aspect of talent re-distribution but it certainly won’t pay off to gut your roster in order to have the worst record. Since, we won’t have a lottery it isn’t critical to make one of the last three places. As draft credits can be freely traded and saved for future seasons, it becomes possible for consistent contenders to acquire young talent at the top of the draft. This breaks the necessity in the NBA to first be bad in order to become good in the future. I hope this creates a situation where all well-managed teams can consistently try to win as much games as possible.

no individual maximum salary: when players like LeBron or Durant can make their fair share (ca. $30-40 million), the construction of super-teams becomes practically impossible. This will strongly increase competitive balance.

scoring: will be based on a derivate metric of win-shares. This metric strongly emphasizes efficiency and is therefore highly correlated with wins, hopefully leading to plausible game outcomes. We will even have position adjusted scoring, so that guards are not penalized for their on average lower eFG% (without their floor spacing bigs couldn’t score an eFG% higher than 50%).

schedule: In the FBA every game matters! Every team will play only 28 games (one against every other team, two against the 5 teams in their own conference). This roughly corresponds to a one-matchup per week schedule. The champion is crowned based on the final standings after 28 games, no playoffs (because of the tanking and resting phenomena in the NBA I consider it quite unfair to decide the outcome of a one-year fantasy league based on the NBA’s waste period)!

money league: starting with the upcoming off-season, I’d like to transform this league into a mixed money league, where small market teams with little spending power can still be managed for free but large market teams cost an entry fee, based on their spending power. If you want to participate in the prize pool as a small market team you’ll have to pay a small minimum entry fee.

initial contraction draft: the FBA will start with 24 teams and their original NBA rosters and contracts. The players from the 6 contracted franchises will be auctioned off for draft credits before the start of the FBA regular season (depending on when we fill up the league). In order to achieve comparable starting positions for each franchise, teams with bad players and little salary flexibility will be compensated with extra draft credits that can be used in the initial contraction draft.

The league is set up over at ProFSL: Fantasy Basketball Assocation

9 teams are already claimed!
Dejime
Ballboy

Post#193 » by Dejime » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:21 pm

RBSL is looking for a GM. The league is very active, has 28 other GMs, runs on Fast Break Basketball. Been around for over 50 seasons now, since 2005, and is a really great active league with great GMs to play with.

E-mail me at cskoenig@gmail.com if you're interested in joining (I don't check my PMs as regularly as my e-mail)

EDIT 3/3/2014: Our first spot has been filled, but another one has come open. Please e-mail me if interested!
sgg001
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#194 » by sgg001 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:38 pm

Any interest in doing a "Be The GM"? Happy to monitor the progress during the drafting process with one other. If can get sufficient interest would be great!

Thanks - I think this is the place for this.
GSL Charles
Ballboy

Post#195 » by GSL Charles » Thu Mar 6, 2014 10:17 pm

Forum: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Golden_Sim_League/index/
Chat: http://www.chatzy.com/gsl

I'm part of a very active and loyal SIM league that has been going on for a couple years now. Most of the members originally came from the basketball forum 'Hoops-Nation' but I think a few have been on other basketball discussion forums. Anyways, we have a couple open teams. If you'd like to join, just register on the forum and ask :) . I'll get a thread up for what teams are officially open, but right now off the top of my head I came up with: Pistons, Cavs, Blazers, and Raptors. All have been taken over by GMs of other teams to interm-GM and put them in a good situation for a new member. You pick up on everything pretty quickly.
We're currently in season #12 since our restart (year 1992).
We SIM almost everyday, a whole season goes by in 2 weeks. It requires GMs to check in at least once a day, a lot of people check more. Some people even hangout in the chat throughout the day and talk about league stuff and actual NBA/sport stuff. CHECK US OUT!
Paulrbn
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#196 » by Paulrbn » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:10 am

I run a historical NBA league via simulation. If you are interested, as I am looking for an owner, please e-mail me at Paulrbn@gmail.com. We are heading into the 9192 season and will be moving at a quick pace to get caught up with real time NBA. I can send more info if needed.
desi tmac91
Junior
And1: 289

Post#197 » by desi tmac91 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:33 am

desi tmac91 wrote:SLOR sim league is an ongoing sim league currently wrapping up its 41st season in the year 2036 just several days from the KG draft (we got so far that we had to restart on the drafts). This is no beginner's league and its preferable that you have a decent amount of experience under your belt because there is a steep learning curve even for veterans of FBB. Sims are every day with 5 day sims and for the playoffs, only 2 games are simmed per day. This league is very, very thorough because of that. The minimal amount of days simmed give GM's ample amount of time to make adjustments and moves, which is huge for the playoffs especially for GM's who can't make it to every live sim. This may not be for those who prefer fast sims but if you want a long lasting sim league that will take things slow then this is a league for you.

Also this may very well be the most competitive league I've ever been in. Everyone knows their stuff and are veterans of the game. Plus the GM's here are awesome enough to provide advanced statistics such true shooting %, PER, per 36 Assist % and several more. Heck there is a very complicated pre-draft analysis where one of the GM's goes through the draft preview and uses his own statistical formula to form a prospect ranking.

Currently we need 1 more GM for the Bulls. Link is below.

http://simleagueone.proboards.com/

Update: we got 2 openings for sure right now, Kings and Pistons are in need of GM's and Magic/Jazz could potentially be open as well.

We're in the season before the famed 1998 draft class!
TR50
Head Coach
And1: 697

Post#198 » by TR50 » Thu Jul 3, 2014 8:09 pm

If anyone has a team vacancy in a league they have, I'd be interested. I have a tonne of experience in sim leagues and am looking for one that is active and somewhat retro (season in the 90's/early 2000's)

EDIT: Shoot me a PM if you have a spot open :)
5th pick sucks
Veteran

Post#199 » by 5th pick sucks » Sun Jul 6, 2014 12:17 am

Starting a new league on http://somefancywords.boards.net
League should be up and starting fairly soon. 7 teams are still available

Rosters will be updated as of now irl.
EwingAndStarks
Ballboy

Post#200 » by EwingAndStarks » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:41 am

Hello all,

We're looking for GMs for a new league using what we believe is a very unique auction draft format. The league is being run by three people with a combined 20 years of experience (at least) in sim leagues.

If interested, please sign up on the forums at our official website: http://www.achampionslegacy.com.

Return to Fantasy Basketball