CHRIS PAUL?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

CHRIS PAUL? 

Post#1 » by NetsForce » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:41 pm

In one of my leagues Chris Paul got dropped, now I don't blame the guy who dropped him for dropping him given that he's in 10th place but only 2 games behind 8th place (top 8 teams make the playoffs)...

As the commissioner of the league though...

Should I do anything about this?

There's no guarantee Paul does return but if he does given how close this league is you can basically pencil in the playoff team that picks him up as the champion.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Re: CHRIS PAUL? 

Post#2 » by Nowak008 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:58 pm

As the commish I don't think there is anything you can do. There is an article that says that he is going to be out for another 2 weeks. Even when he comes back he might not be playing full time mins.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#3 » by NetsForce » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:49 pm

Well the latest news release was on the 13th saying he'd be back in 7-10 days...

Basically what happened is that I ended up snagging Paul with my waiver priority but have probably done so at the expense of moving up in the standings...

I still feel kind of dirty about it, but no one has complained, and from my standpoint I guess it's a worthwhile risk provided that there aren't too many limits on Paul when he returns (which I'm afraid their might be, in which case I'll most likely drop him)...
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#4 » by Joel Embust » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:17 am

Dibs!

Douchebag dumps Jessica Alba, Alba is vulnerable and you're the first guy she runs into while being kind of wasted at the bar. You hook up and enjoy her company till the ride's over. Nobody's bothered by it and after it's over you feel victorious and have bragging rights.
F1uxCapacit0r
Sixth Man
And1: 209

Post#5 » by F1uxCapacit0r » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:50 pm

They said Paul could be back as early as Thursday or Saturday but the most likely return would be Monday.
dula14
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#6 » by dula14 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:16 am

Don't think there was much to be done here. Sounds like this owner needs immediate help to make the playoffs, and made the move he felt put him in the best position to do so.
Godmoney
Analyst
And1: 464

Post#7 » by Godmoney » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:07 pm

This is happening in leagues all over the place, where teams who have been decimated by the loss of CP3 have dropped him in order to make a playoff push. He'll come back and I'm sure he'll be good but he's probably not going to play like a top 3 player after being out for so long. Considering that starting next week the Wizards have 14 games left and the Hornets have 11, the owner that was able to get Andray Blatche probably made a better playoff pickup than you did grabbing CP3. And obviously you aren't going to do anything about someone signing Blatche... So enjoy the ride, hope he comes back and wins you a title, but keep expectations in check.
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:No need to pay attention to ignormous maximus.

HUMBLEBUM: Make a new account and PM me.
dula14
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#8 » by dula14 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:33 am

Only played 20 minutes last night in his return. N.O. obviously wants to be cautious with CP3 coming off the knee injury so don't expect too much. Having no shot at the playoffs also factors in limiting CP3's minutes.
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#9 » by NetsForce » Wed Apr 7, 2010 11:37 pm

Boo... CP3 out for the rest of the season, it was fun while it lasted :lol:
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#10 » by floppymoose » Fri Apr 9, 2010 8:53 am

I had to do the same "drop the decent good player who is hurt to make the playoffs" thing, only for me it was Jason Terry. Doubly heart breaking because I got Terry with a late pick, so I was especially proud of his value.

The good news is that I'm in the playoffs and made it to the championship. The bad news is that the other guy, who locked up the #1 seed long ago, was able to afford picking up Terry when I dropped him and is now using him against me.

Return to Fantasy Basketball