CBA meeting happened today

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,830

CBA meeting happened today 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Dec 9, 2015 12:10 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/674378686481612800[/tweet]

Be interesting to see how the Michele Roberts era goes with her first CBA. Hopefully they will spend some of this early time being productive and not engaging in the usual early gamesmanship and nonsense they have in the past.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Re: CBA meeting happened today 

Post#2 » by Smitty731 » Wed Dec 9, 2015 1:02 am

I still think there will be a lockout. No games missed, but a short, almost necessary stoppage. Probably nothing that the average fan will even notice.

I think it will mostly be around the Exceptions (they are going to be comically small and not nearly as useful as the Cap goes up) and the Rookie Scale.

Overall, everyone has to realize things are going too well and there is too much money for all parties involved to mess around too much.
DBoys
Starter
And1: 221

Re: CBA meeting happened today 

Post#3 » by DBoys » Wed Dec 9, 2015 3:08 am

Rest assured, as we head to decision day, human nature will win out.

Players will be sitting there looking at the 50% (billions) the owners are now splitting as revenues skyrocket, and thinking, "Man, look at how much money they're getting. That's a lot. We play the games. We need some of that."

Meanwhile, owners will be sitting there looking at the 50% (billions) the players are now splitting as revenues skyrocket, and thinking, "Man, look at how much money they're getting. That's a lot. We bring the TV contracts and the revenue streams to the table. We need some of that."

Both sides: I want more. I deserve mine and just a bit of yours, for what I do. You need to be reasonable and give me more, even though I'm making more than I ever have. It's only "fair." You owe me.

And off we go.

Return to CBA & Business