"Poison Pill" Superseded by using a TPE?

Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

"Poison Pill" Superseded by using a TPE? 

Post#1 » by Smitty731 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:17 am

The following trade was posted on the T&T Board:

Jabari Parker
Vasquez

for

Lillard
Aminu

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jevohcg

Trade works by fitting Lillard into one of the Buck's trade exceptions.

As we know, Lillard has signed a Rookie Scale Extension. So, he has the so called "Poison Pill", which makes his outgoing value in a trade the average of his salaries for the life of the extension.

But on ESPN's Trade Machine, if you chose to use one of the Bucks' available TPEs, you can drop Lillard in.

So, long build up over, is this correct? Does using a TPE supersede the PPP? I can't seem to find anything and the Trade Machine is known for being full of errors. My gut says know, but I'm not entirely sure.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: "Poison Pill" Superseded by using a TPE? 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:24 am

Smitty731 wrote:The following trade was posted on the T&T Board:

Jabari Parker
Vasquez

for

Lillard
Aminu

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jevohcg

Trade works by fitting Lillard into one of the Buck's trade exceptions.

As we know, Lillard has signed a Rookie Scale Extension. So, he has the so called "Poison Pill", which makes his outgoing value in a trade the average of his salaries for the life of the extension.

But on ESPN's Trade Machine, if you chose to use one of the Bucks' available TPEs, you can drop Lillard in.

So, long build up over, is this correct? Does using a TPE supersede the PPP? I can't seem to find anything and the Trade Machine is known for being full of errors. My gut says know, but I'm not entirely sure.

If you use RealGM's trade checker it doesn't (oh, and its terrible for Portland :lol:).

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6637998
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
DBoys
Starter
And1: 221

Post#3 » by DBoys » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:59 am

"Does using a TPE supersede the PPP?"

Of course not. This PPP is what it is, a trade-accounting restriction that has to be met according to the trade-matching rules.

ESPN's TM is supposed to account for those trade-matching rules properly. But here it does not. Obviously it's a programming error.

BOTTOM LINE: What you have posted is not a legal trade. It looks like ESPN is allowing the combining of NS and S TEs, which is never CBA-legal.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#4 » by Smitty731 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:41 am

DBoys wrote:"Does using a TPE supersede the PPP?"

Of course not. This PPP is what it is, a trade-accounting restriction that has to be met according to the trade-matching rules.

ESPN's TM is supposed to account for those trade-matching rules properly. But here it does not. Obviously it's a programming error.

BOTTOM LINE: What you have posted is not a legal trade. It looks like ESPN is allowing the combining of NS and S TEs, which is never CBA-legal.

Yeah I was pretty sure. I just wanted to double check, since it going through on ESPN made me question it. Thanks for chiming in and setting things straight!

Return to CBA & Business