3 Team Pick Swap?

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,534

Re: 3 Team Pick Swap? 

Post#21 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Jan 6, 2017 9:00 pm

DBoys wrote:Re the situation you describe, you should keep in mind that the original report that something was going to be done such-and-such a way, doesn't mean that it was allowed. I recall a trade situation (the one you referenced may have been the one, but I'm not certain) in which the media report actually violated rules, and my thought at the time was "wow, will they really let that go through?' But then, when the trade actually was consummated, it lined up with the rules as I understood them. My belief was that the GMs didn't know the rules, and the trade call kicked the deal, so they had to do it another way. That truly happens, and more often than you may realize.

This is reporting about the league's July memo setting out new areas that are possible and previously had been outlawed, so not exactly a case like that.

I'm not sure if it was you, but I think it was, that pointed out the Ridnour trading by Memphis ahead of getting Barnes to effectively increase their TPE violated the CBA and yet was allowed. Similarly, Zbo's contract. So yeah, once in a while something against the rules gets through. But in terms of here, I think it is more about what the league is calling allowed and not allowed ahead of anything actually happening.

Return to CBA & Business