48 hour waiver period

TheBallDoLie
Junior
And1: 21

48 hour waiver period 

Post#1 » by TheBallDoLie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:56 pm

I have a question regarding the 48 waiver period. So Kuzminskas was waived by the Knicks Sunday, let's just assume around 4pm. Wouldn't he clear waivers Tuesday at 4pm? I only ask because I haven't heard anything about Kuz clearing waivers and thought maybe I understood it wrong. I figured by now we would have heard he cleared or if he was claimed.
Tfence92
Starter
And1: 435

Re: 48 hour waiver period 

Post#2 » by Tfence92 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:59 pm

Random hunch, but it might only count days where the league office is open?
DBoys
Starter
And1: 221

Post#3 » by DBoys » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:48 am

I'm not sure the league office makes any formal announcement that a player cleared waivers (unless there is some reporter chasing the info for a story, and asks the right person). IOW it's a case that they clear unless you hear otherwise, and if you want to get a formal answer, you have to wait and ask after the waiver claim period has ended. But I've never really pursued such info, so maybe I have missed something.

There's no delay for weekends. The weekends (and holidays) used to be an issue, because of need for mail and couriers and postmarks and so on. but not anymore. With internet and what it allows in terms of instant written communication, league office for transaction processing operates 365 days a year.
TheBallDoLie
Junior
And1: 21

Post#4 » by TheBallDoLie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:20 am

DBoys wrote:I'm not sure the league office makes any formal announcement that a player cleared waivers (unless there is some reporter chasing the info for a story, and asks the right person). IOW it's a case that they clear unless you hear otherwise, and if you want to get a formal answer, you have to wait and ask after the waiver claim period has ended. But I've never really pursued such info, so maybe I have missed something.

There's no delay for weekends. The weekends (and holidays) used to be an issue, because of need for mail and couriers and postmarks and so on. but not anymore. With internet and what it allows in terms of instant written communication, league office for transaction processing operates 365 days a year.

Thanks for the response. After I didn't hear anything I just assumed he cleared and as you said it just wasn't formally announced. It makes sense as most players clearing waivers are irrelevant to the media.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Return to CBA & Business