Question about a message board rule

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
HurricaneDij25
Junior
And1: 273

Question about a message board rule 

Post#1 » by HurricaneDij25 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Last week, I received a warning about posting a link to my blog in an individual post regarding my top ten 3-and-D wing players.

However, a certain mod on here went on to say in a PM to me that I can post a link to my blog in my signature, but that I shouldn't bring any extra attention to it in individual posts. My argument here is - Doesn't this rule contradict itself and its purpose in a major way? Wouldn't posting a link in my signature bring more unnecessary attention than it would in an individual post???

There's a reason why I had wished to bring my blog posts onto this here site. That reason being on the sportsblog.com website they don't allow for feedback. It's a simple site where you write a post to see how many views you can get. A very frustrating culture over there.

In my situation on here last week, when I posted my thread topic on the general board regarding my top ten 3-and-D wings, the post was deleted before I could get home from work to see the responses. In fact, it took seven full hours for more than ten moderators on the general board to decide they didn't want the post on their page. To me, that's more cowardly than anything else.

I hope you can feel my frustration here.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Re: Question about a message board rule 

Post#2 » by Howard Mass » Mon Oct 2, 2017 1:23 pm

HurricaneDij25 wrote:Last week, I received a warning about posting a link to my blog in an individual post regarding my top ten 3-and-D wing players.

However, a certain mod on here went on to say in a PM to me that I can post a link to my blog in my signature, but that I shouldn't bring any extra attention to it in individual posts. My argument here is - Doesn't this rule contradict itself and its purpose in a major way? Wouldn't posting a link in my signature bring more unnecessary attention than it would in an individual post???

There's a reason why I had wished to bring my blog posts onto this here site. That reason being on the sportsblog.com website they don't allow for feedback. It's a simple site where you write a post to see how many views you can get. A very frustrating culture over there.

In my situation on here last week, when I posted my thread topic on the general board regarding my top ten 3-and-D wings, the post was deleted before I could get home from work to see the responses. In fact, it took seven full hours for more than ten moderators on the general board to decide they didn't want the post on their page. To me, that's more cowardly than anything else.

I hope you can feel my frustration here.

Hurricanedij25,

We do not allow this as it can be considered spam.

Many people request this and stand by The General NBA Board Moderators decision. They are good people who volunteer their time to help make this Forum great and they are certainly not cowards.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions