I feel this mod is baiting me

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,880

I feel this mod is baiting me 

Post#1 » by LarsV8 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:59 am

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1418870&start=20

Mod "Blame Rasho" engages me in discussion and when I respond to him starts bating me by saying I am "insecure" and "throwing a hissy fit"

I would imagine if I responded in such a manner, I would be violating the forum rule of:

"Personal Attacking A User(s) or Moderator(s)"

My feedback / suggestion is that sends the wrong message to users if mods and users are subject to a different set of rules.

Follow Up - I reported the post, and the actual mod in question closed the report. :-?
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Re: I feel this mod is baiting me 

Post#2 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:36 am

LarsV8 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1418870&start=20

Mod "Blame Rasho" engages me in discussion and when I respond to him starts bating me by saying I am "insecure" and "throwing a hissy fit"

I would imagine if I responded in such a manner, I would be violating the forum rule of:

My feedback / suggestion is that sends the wrong message to users if mods and users are subject to a different set of rules.

Follow Up - I reported the post, and the actual mod in question closed the report. :-?

He said you were having a hissy fit, I don't see how that is attacking you.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#3 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:44 am

p.s come post in the off topic board, you'll love it there.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,163

Post#4 » by tsherkin » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:40 am

LarsV8 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1418870&start=20

So I have a look at the thread in question. It begins with you opening up your interactions with contentious phrasing because you're irritated by how Harden was being represented in the thread. Then you made a baiting response to Blame Rasho and elected not to answer his question so you could continue derailing a thread about Klay Thompson and Jimmy Butler to talk about Harden.

Rasho called you on it. None of his responses in that thread can be construed as baiting. I'm glad that you came to the Feedback Forum to express your feelings on this matter, but in this case, I don't feel you are correct in your belief that the mod was baiting you.
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,880

Post#5 » by LarsV8 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:07 am

I have seen multiple posts from mods instructing users that it is okay to discuss people's posts, but it is not okay to talk about the user.

Maybe baiting was not the right word, but it was clearly disrespectful, and he crossed a line when he started talking about me rather than the content of my posts.

I do not believe ti would be tolerated from a user, and I think mods should be held to a higher standard.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,163

Post#6 » by tsherkin » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:15 am

LarsV8 wrote:Maybe baiting was not the right word, but it was clearly disrespectful, and he crossed a line when he started talking about me rather than the content of my posts.

I do not believe ti would be tolerated from a user, and I think mods should be held to a higher standard.

Your opinion is appreciated. In this case, the mod was delivering corrective action because you were derailing the thread and dealing with him in an inappropriate manner. You were not warned or suspended, merely handled in-thread. That is the sum of the interaction you had. It is unfortunate you did enjoy the interaction, but there was nothing inappropriate about Rasho's reasonably patient responses to your posts while you derailed the thread. I hope you have a better time going forward.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#7 » by Howard Mass » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:15 am

Tsherkin,

Thank you for answering this.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions