Placing a moderator on ignore

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 5,391

Placing a moderator on ignore 

Post#1 » by Laimbeer » Sat Feb 4, 2017 5:18 pm

I understand this cannot be done? I assume so the moderator can communicate rules infractions, etc.?

Would it be difficult to change this so you can put a moderator on ignore, but it wouldn't be effective in the forums they are actually charged with moderating?
Dirk
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 13,498

Re: Placing a moderator on ignore 

Post#2 » by Dirk » Sat Feb 4, 2017 11:55 pm

Laimbeer wrote:I understand this cannot be done? I assume so the moderator can communicate rules infractions, etc.?

Would it be difficult to change this so you can put a moderator on ignore, but it wouldn't be effective in the forums they are actually charged with moderating?

There have been a couple of threads with the same question, you can read them here and here.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but it can't be too difficult to just mentally ignore the user/mod in question.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 5,391

Post#3 » by Laimbeer » Sun Feb 5, 2017 12:08 am

Dirk Nowitzki wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:I understand this cannot be done? I assume so the moderator can communicate rules infractions, etc.?

There have been a couple of threads with the same question, you can read them here and here.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but it can't be too difficult to just mentally ignore the user/mod in question.

I suppose that could be done, but of course it's not nearly as effective as being able to use the function. It's hard to understand why it can't be done for mods out of their area of jurisdiction - unless it's difficult technically?

And on a side note, I don't have a clue why former mods would be immune from ignore. (though mine is a current)
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 9,625

Post#4 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sun Feb 5, 2017 7:08 am

Fun fact, each user is assigned a profile ID, for example, yours is profile52151797. Theoretically, it's possible to create a script to circumvent the rules without anyone knowing that you've blocked them.

something pseudo theory like

if (profileID == "xxx")
{
some sort of block on subsequent frames
}
else
{
do nothing
}

Might be a cool activity if you're keen on doing it. Doesn't look too difficult to implement, then again easier said than done.
Come check out the Off topic board, we have more relaxed rules, crazier conversations, and and1s. Howard says we can't be mean to new posters anymore so it'll be fun! CLICK HERE
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 970

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:16 pm

I chuckled here. I totally get why someone might want this. I have one moderator that makes some great posts but I ignore him when he responds to anything I post that says "Nuggets". ;-) He seems very out of perspective (not out of bounds) when it comes to the Nuggets. Elsewhere, I like his posts (mostly).
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 6,867

Post#6 » by Howard Mass » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:36 am

Laimbeer,

I am pretty much with Dirk here.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions