Journalistic Integrity Verification

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,673

Journalistic Integrity Verification 

Post#1 » by dorkestra » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:07 pm

Just a thought that came to my mind - but not sure how realistic this would be. It seems like some posters are aware of which local journalists are legit and which ones throw rumors at the wall to see what sticks. It would be cool to leverage the knowledge you have on this site to apply an integrity rating for each article based on user reviews of that writer. So Sam Amico articles come up flaming in red so you know its provocative nonsense, and a Woj or Shams tweet might come up in bright green based on their reliability in the past. Basically a way of helping readers navigate through the murky half truths and lies that get tossed around.
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Re: Journalistic Integrity Verification 

Post#2 » by Howard Mass » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:59 am

dorkestra wrote:Just a thought that came to my mind - but not sure how realistic this would be. It seems like some posters are aware of which local journalists are legit and which ones throw rumors at the wall to see what sticks. It would be cool to leverage the knowledge you have on this site to apply an integrity rating for each article based on user reviews of that writer. So Sam Amico articles come up flaming in red so you know its provocative nonsense, and a Woj or Shams tweet might come up in bright green based on their reliability in the past. Basically a way of helping readers navigate through the murky half truths and lies that get tossed around.

Dorkestra,

Are you suggesting this for Wiretap or the Forums?
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
dorkestra
RealGM

Post#3 » by dorkestra » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
dorkestra wrote:Just a thought that came to my mind - but not sure how realistic this would be. It seems like some posters are aware of which local journalists are legit and which ones throw rumors at the wall to see what sticks. It would be cool to leverage the knowledge you have on this site to apply an integrity rating for each article based on user reviews of that writer. So Sam Amico articles come up flaming in red so you know its provocative nonsense, and a Woj or Shams tweet might come up in bright green based on their reliability in the past. Basically a way of helping readers navigate through the murky half truths and lies that get tossed around.

Dorkestra,

I was suggesting it for the forums more so, but I'm not exactly sure how that would work. More of a brainstorm idea I suppose.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » by Howard Mass » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:08 pm

dorkestra wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:

Dorkestra,

I was suggesting it for the forums more so, but I'm not exactly sure how that would work. More of a brainstorm idea I suppose.

Dorkestra,

That might be difficult to pull off but don't Users already get a sense of who is credible over time?

dorkestra
RealGM

Post#5 » by dorkestra » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:31 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
dorkestra wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
Dorkestra,

Dorkestra,

That might be difficult to pull off but don't Users already get a sense of who is credible over time?

Yeah maybe I should have clarified - this wasn't a complaint or a quick fix type thing. I was just thinking maybe something the site could consider for future ideas. You can shelf this or even ignore it entirely for now. I just thought it was interesting that even big players like ESPN publish articles that are basically just people speculating and a lot of fans are not aware of who is legitimate.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#6 » by Howard Mass » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:01 pm

dorkestra wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
dorkestra wrote:

Dorkestra,

Yeah maybe I should have clarified - this wasn't a complaint or a quick fix type thing. I was just thinking maybe something the site could consider for future ideas. You can shelf this or even ignore it entirely for now. I just thought it was interesting that even big players like ESPN publish articles that are basically just people speculating and a lot of fans are not aware of who is legitimate.

Dorkestra,

Not a problem and there are no bad ideas.

We could very well look into this in the future.

I do appreciate the suggestion.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions