The "What If?" Board

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!

Do you like this idea?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 16

8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

The "What If?" Board 

Post#1 » by 8on » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Hi, Feedback and Suggestions. I'm dantley4prez. I thought of an idea that I shared with Howard Mass. Now I'd like to share it with you, in order to rally support for such an idea:

"Greetings, Howard. I've read some of your Mass Dispatches, but we haven't been formally introduced. I'm dantley4prez, and I can be found in the Trades & Transactions Games forum, playing whatever games those folks dream up.

As the Basketball forums go, we deal in hypotheticals. "Is LeBron a better overall value to his team than Michael?" "What if we drafted the best players of all time, with or without restrictions?" "Penny Hardaway or Chauncey Billups?" "Would you execute this trade that may never happen?" etc. There is a precedent for hypotheticals on the RealGM Basketball forum.

As an extension of these conversations, I would like to propose a forum within the Basketball forum exclusively for hypotheticals such as these:

"What if Chris Paul was actually traded to the Lakers?"
"What if Jerry Sloan was the coach of the Bulls and Lakers that won championships? What about Gregg Popovich? Red Auerbach?"
"What if the Cavaliers drafted Klay Thompson 4th overall instead of Tristan Thompson?"
"What if Nick Anderson made those free throws in 1995?"
"What if Shaq stayed in Orlando? What would have been the effect on his legacy? How would the league have responded?"
"What if Kobe had been traded to the Bulls like he asked?"

There are many more examples, I'm sure. It would be awfully fun to see how the users of the RealGM Basketball board would imagine such scenarios. In time, such a forum could be started in the NFL forum and other forums across the site.

This proposal is submitted for your consideration with the most heartfelt of thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
dantley4prez"

Let me know in the poll and below if you like this idea.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Re: The "What If?" Board 

Post#2 » by Dominator83 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:31 pm

What if Realgm didn't feature and1's?
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
dukes_wild
RealGM
And1: 50,145

Post#3 » by dukes_wild » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:43 pm

Dominater wrote:What if Realgm didn't feature and1's?

Half of the Raptors board would disappear
Geddy wrote:You're probably scratching your balls and eating cheese puffs

Ice Trae wrote:Is it just me or does Derrick Rose look like Jean Claude Van Damme
ZemGOAT
Veteran
And1: 5,729

Post#4 » by ZemGOAT » Wed Apr 4, 2018 2:33 pm

I like this idea
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Post#5 » by Howard Mass » Thu Jun 7, 2018 9:38 pm

dantley4prez wrote:Hi, Feedback and Suggestions. I'm dantley4prez. I thought of an idea that I shared with Howard Mass. Now I'd like to share it with you, in order to rally support for such an idea:

"Greetings, Howard. I've read some of your Mass Dispatches, but we haven't been formally introduced. I'm dantley4prez, and I can be found in the Trades & Transactions Games forum, playing whatever games those folks dream up.

As the Basketball forums go, we deal in hypotheticals. "Is LeBron a better overall value to his team than Michael?" "What if we drafted the best players of all time, with or without restrictions?" "Penny Hardaway or Chauncey Billups?" "Would you execute this trade that may never happen?" etc. There is a precedent for hypotheticals on the RealGM Basketball forum.

As an extension of these conversations, I would like to propose a forum within the Basketball forum exclusively for hypotheticals such as these:

"What if Jerry Sloan was the coach of the Bulls and Lakers that won championships? What about Gregg Popovich? Red Auerbach?"
"What if the Cavaliers drafted Klay Thompson 4th overall instead of Tristan Thompson?"
"What if Shaq stayed in Orlando? What would have been the effect on his legacy? How would the league have responded?"

There are many more examples, I'm sure. It would be awfully fun to see how the users of the RealGM Basketball board would imagine such scenarios. In time, such a forum could be started in the NFL forum and other forums across the site.

This proposal is submitted for your consideration with the most heartfelt of thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
dantley4prez"

dantley4prez,

Thank you for submitting this idea.

It is always possible we consider adding new Forums down the line and if we do, I'll give your idea a thought.

Questions 4 and 5 are ones I ponder often.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#6 » by 8on » Thu Jun 7, 2018 9:43 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
dantley4prez wrote:Hi, Feedback and Suggestions. I'm dantley4prez. I thought of an idea that I shared with Howard Mass. Now I'd like to share it with you, in order to rally support for such an idea:

Sincerely,
dantley4prez"

dantley4prez,

It is always possible we consider adding new Forums down the line and if we do, I'll give your idea a thought.

Much obliged.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Post#7 » by Howard Mass » Thu Jun 7, 2018 9:44 pm

dantley4prez wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:

Sincerely,
dantley4prez"

dantley4prez,

Much obliged.

and thank you for your patience.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions