Report Closure Details

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
dorkestra
General Manager
And1: 9,320

Report Closure Details 

Post#1 » by dorkestra » Sat May 11, 2019 2:32 am

When a poster reports a post. They have an option as to whether or not they would like to be notified upon resolution.

But the notification does not indicate how the issue has been resolved and whether or not any action had been taken. There needs to be a follow up message to explain the resolution to the initial poster.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,370

Re: Report Closure Details 

Post#2 » by FNQ » Wed May 15, 2019 6:11 pm

dorkestra wrote:When a poster reports a post. They have an option as to whether or not they would like to be notified upon resolution.

But the notification does not indicate how the issue has been resolved and whether or not any action had been taken. There needs to be a follow up message to explain the resolution to the initial poster.

Slippery slope. IMO while some users would be responsible with that info, others wouldn't.

Plus, reports for certain boards are numerous, and often times on those boards, require collaboration with other mods. Writing up a report and explaining it to the reportee.. its very extra. I had no problem sharing what/why with posters when it was requested, assuming there was a good reason for it (ie - someone said/did something terrible). But I also ignored my fair share when it was people still caught up in petty bickering and just wanted to know for their own sake

Return to Feedback and Suggestions