Does Real GM slow down your computer ?

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 5,319

Re: Does Real GM slow down your computer ? 

Post#21 » by JayMKE » Thu May 23, 2019 7:01 pm

Doesn't bother me but I got everything blocked
FREE GIANNIS
The4thHorseman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,255

Post#22 » by The4thHorseman » Thu May 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Gets really frustrating at times on the PC. Wait forever for your words to appear to the point where you just say **** it and log off.

Then on your phone at times you get the pop-ups "you're a winner, click here!!!" :evil:
JimmerAllStar
Rookie
And1: 1,407

Post#23 » by JimmerAllStar » Thu May 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Use Brave browser and the problem will go away.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 9,308

Post#24 » by MrDollarBills » Thu May 23, 2019 7:23 pm

On Android it's a nightmare due to the malicious 3rd party ad redirects. I understand the site has to pay bills so it's nothing to get upset about though. on PC i have no problems.
"Mother____er, get me two fingers of Southern Comfort"
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 3,965

Post#25 » by TheNewEra » Thu May 23, 2019 7:28 pm

On mobile does anyone else feel like when on the website it crashes a home WiFi server lol? Been a few times I’ve been on realgm the WiFi kicks on and then all other devices and smart tv internet connection freak out. Once I close the app and restart phone it fixes. Might just be me and something else going on
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 11,198

Post#26 » by DusterBuster » Thu May 23, 2019 7:35 pm

Its probably just an optical illusion since the UI hasn't been updated since 2003.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,177

Post#27 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:37 pm

JunkYardDog6ix wrote:I am wondering if this happens to everyone because it's really annoying .. whenever I am in the forums within 5 minutes my browser starts lagging and freezing. even if I am not on Real GM and just have the tab open my entire browser + computer is lagging and freezing until I close Real GM. Anyone else have this problem or its just me ? And how do I fix it if possible lol

Yeah it happens. Big time. I can have 100000 tabs open. youtube, nba.com. whatever.....Wont have any issues. If i have realgm open though, then my computer or phone runs much slower.

And in the past, i have gotten viruses from this website.
Timberwolves: 55
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen/Zizic
PF: Ibaka/Grant/Anunoby/TJ Leaf
SF: Porter/Anderson/Anunoby
SG: Green/Barton/Afflalo
PG: Schroder/Barrea/Exum
Lalouie
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,095

Post#28 » by Lalouie » Thu May 23, 2019 8:10 pm

JunkYardDog6ix wrote:I am wondering if this happens to everyone because it's really annoying .. whenever I am in the forums within 5 minutes my browser starts lagging and freezing. even if I am not on Real GM and just have the tab open my entire browser + computer is lagging and freezing until I close Real GM. Anyone else have this problem or its just me ? And how do I fix it if possible lol

Your browser has to deal with a few dozen pop up ads every session. Try accessing realgm in a chrome browser on your phone and you'll see how annoying it really is.
JunkYardDog6ix
Rookie
And1: 1,276

Post#29 » by JunkYardDog6ix » Thu May 23, 2019 8:18 pm

Bayside wrote:Yep like others said. Ghostery and other addons. Have to up your privacy and security. I use firefox and these plugins on all devices. And run stuff on my network too. Like pi hole or pfblockerng. It's crazy how much tracking and adds get blocked. spyware malware intrusion is part of being connected. Have to be like your own network engineer now days.

Sent from my SM-N960F using RealGM mobile app

I use Firefox also , can you tell me what add on I need and where do I get it ?

Thanks
Tomjas
Rookie
And1: 721

Post#30 » by Tomjas » Thu May 23, 2019 8:22 pm

Yep
Spintown
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,670

Post#31 » by Spintown » Thu May 23, 2019 8:24 pm

Can't access it on my phone without being redirected over and over again. Not sure if its only an Iphone thing, but it has become unaccessable on the phone.
will
RealGM
And1: 8,342

Post#32 » by will » Thu May 23, 2019 8:28 pm

Nah. Other content slows down my tablet.
dynamic duo
Analyst
And1: 9,337

Post#33 » by dynamic duo » Thu May 23, 2019 8:36 pm

realgm gets a lot faster for me but only if there's enough warriors/kd threads on page 1.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#34 » by Winsome Gerbil » Thu May 23, 2019 8:46 pm

FairAdBlocker -- get it, love it. Nearly impregnable, and the counter it runs on the top right of your browser telling you how many things it's blocked on this page is telling. It's up to 84 now. Oops, make that 102.

For comparison sat on yahoo.com for a minute, got 2 blocks. Sat on ESPN NBA page for a minute, got 14.
spikeslovechild
Head Coach
And1: 2,686

Post#35 » by spikeslovechild » Thu May 23, 2019 9:11 pm

Nope but I have a decent adblocker (ublock/adguard), privacy blocker (ghostery), and antivirus (symantec enpoint). I've never seen an AD on this site or anywhere really.
sca
Head Coach
And1: 7,346

Post#36 » by sca » Thu May 23, 2019 9:17 pm

Stanza = cancer that just won’t go away
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
Bayside
Junior
And1: 171

Post#37 » by Bayside » Thu May 23, 2019 9:22 pm

JunkYardDog6ix wrote:
Bayside wrote:Yep like others said. Ghostery and other addons. Have to up your privacy and security. I use firefox and these plugins on all devices. And run stuff on my network too. Like pi hole or pfblockerng. It's crazy how much tracking and adds get blocked. spyware malware intrusion is part of being connected. Have to be like your own network engineer now days.

Sent from my SM-N960F using RealGM mobile app

I use Firefox also , can you tell me what add on I need and where do I get it ?

Thanks

I have ghostery on mobile and on desktop. Have to go to the 3 lines on the top right and go to add ons. its one of the extensions.
I have zero problems with any sites etc..
vxmike
Analyst
And1: 2,051

Post#38 » by vxmike » Thu May 23, 2019 9:23 pm

Courtside wrote:It's caused by the 3rd party advertising. Realgm has long history of accepting shady advertisers who use browser hijackers and other obtrusive scripts, which your browser, malware software or adblockers will have trouble with.

This. My iPhone Safari gets hijacked all the time, super annoying.

It’s also too slow to be usable on my laptop. It’s not a fast laptop for any site but completely slows to a crawl on this site.
Kampuchea
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,217

Post#39 » by Kampuchea » Thu May 23, 2019 9:38 pm

I wonder if the powers that be realize they are not making money by accepting malicious advertisers? It causes fewer page clicks and traffic, as a result, fewer ads are shown.

But I have no problems as I block all realgm ads. I allow ads from sites that do not work with malicious advertisers.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,299

Post#40 » by Domejandro » Thu May 23, 2019 9:41 pm

Kampuchea wrote:I wonder if the powers that be realize they are not making money by accepting malicious advertisers? It causes fewer page clicks and traffic, as a result, fewer ads are shown.

But I have no problems as I block all realgm ads. I allow ads from sites that do not work with malicious advertisers.

I literally downloaded the Brave browser on my phone (thanks Mags for the heads-up!), and RealGM went from absolutely unusable to perfectly fine because of the removal of ads. I understand there is a balance, but default internet on phones is actually unusable for me.
Yang2020.com #HumanityFirst

Return to Feedback and Suggestions