Can you please ban me?

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Richfield
Pro Prospect
And1: 657

Can you please ban me? 

Post#1 » by Richfield » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:13 pm

Apparently I don't have enough self control to simply not log in and talk about basketball all day, and related topics.

Is there a way to request a constructive ban on posting, for say 2 months, in a way that will not negatively affect my abilities to post after that ban is lifted?

I think preseason starts late September or early October.

I will still visit the site for news and click on the stories. But when it comes to my ability to post, I'd like to request a 2 or 3 month ban, effective immediately.

Thank you.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,093

Re: Can you please ban me? 

Post#2 » by FNQ » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:02 pm

Richfield wrote:Apparently I don't have enough self control to simply not log in and talk about basketball all day, and related topics.

Is there a way to request a constructive ban on posting, for say 2 months, in a way that will not negatively affect my abilities to post after that ban is lifted?

I will still visit the site for news and click on the stories. But when it comes to my ability to post, I'd like to request a 2 or 3 month ban, effective immediately.

Thank you.

Do you use chrome?

If so, try the stayfocusd extension. Use the nuclear option and ban yourself from seeing the site for X amount of hours. Works real well.
Axel
Veteran
And1: 1,088

Post#3 » by Axel » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:18 pm

Change your email to something made up, and change your password to a random string of characters.
Richfield
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by Richfield » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:20 pm

FNQ wrote:Do you use chrome?

If so, try the stayfocusd extension. Use the nuclear option and ban yourself from seeing the site for X amount of hours. Works real well.

I don't, but thank you for the suggestion.

I'll just try to do it without crutches, or the help of others. Maybe it'll make me stronger.

Worse comes to worst and I'm still posting in the middle of August, I'll just do it the natural way, and find somebody who's trolling or something and curse them the f out. (lol just kidding, I hope)

Thanks.
Richfield
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Richfield » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:21 pm

Axel wrote:Change your email to something made up, and change your password to a random string of characters.

haha I've done that before.. only lasts as long as I do before I recover the account or create anew.

great suggestion though, thanks.
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 36,876

Post#6 » by Capn'O » Tue Jul 2, 2019 8:38 pm

FNQ wrote:
Richfield wrote:Apparently I don't have enough self control to simply not log in and talk about basketball all day, and related topics.

Thank you.

Do you use chrome?

That or we could just keep temp banning you.
BAF Clippers
PG: SGA/Payton/Napier
SG: G. Harris/THT/Korkmaz
SF: Little/KCP/Dekker
PF: Isaac/M. Leonard/Vanderbilt/
C: Nurkic/M. Gasol/Holmes

RIP Mags :beer:
Richfield
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by Richfield » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:26 pm

Capn'O wrote:That or we could just keep temp banning you.

Does that have cumulative effects? Like towards a permanent ban?

Thanks.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions