Tolerance for Personal Attacks

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
dorkestra
General Manager
And1: 11,109

Tolerance for Personal Attacks 

Post#1 » by dorkestra » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:09 am

There is a thread on the general board regarding Celtics vs Hawks. The poster Prokorov is a classic example where someone presents an honest idea and gets lambasted with personal attacks and ad hominem posts, even from (gasp!) moderators. Is there a concerted effort to move away from quality and toward quantity... perhaps for advertising revenue? This would also explain the lax stance toward predatory pop-ups.
around my way they shot many teens. and if em cops don't stop then i'mma stop em - by any means.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 5,974

Re: Tolerance for Personal Attacks 

Post#2 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:13 pm

dorkestra wrote:There is a thread on the general board regarding Celtics vs Hawks. The poster Prokorov is a classic example where someone presents an honest idea and gets lambasted with personal attacks and ad hominem posts, even from (gasp!) moderators. Is there a concerted effort to move away from quality and toward quantity... perhaps for advertising revenue? This would also explain the lax stance toward predatory pop-ups.

If you think a moderator is engaging in personal attacks, you should either PM a global moderator or Howard.
dorkestra
General Manager
And1: 11,109

Re: Tolerance for Personal Attacks 

Post#3 » by dorkestra » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:03 pm

The Sebastian Express wrote:
dorkestra wrote:There is a thread on the general board regarding Celtics vs Hawks. The poster Prokorov is a classic example where someone presents an honest idea and gets lambasted with personal attacks and ad hominem posts, even from (gasp!) moderators. Is there a concerted effort to move away from quality and toward quantity... perhaps for advertising revenue? This would also explain the lax stance toward predatory pop-ups.

If you think a moderator is engaging in personal attacks, you should either PM a global moderator or Howard.

I have done this but without response. Thanks for your service. You have always been one of the better moderators.
around my way they shot many teens. and if em cops don't stop then i'mma stop em - by any means.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions