Add downvotes equivalents to 'and 1s' and other ways to acknowledge emotions to a post

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Add downvotes equivalents to 'and 1s' and other ways to acknowledge emotions to a post 

Post#1 » by King4Day » Wed Jul 1, 2020 5:34 pm

I'm sure it's been discussed before but I didn't see anything about it outside of an 'and 1' thread.

Similar to how Facebook has 'like', 'love', 'mad', 'sad' emotes.
I think we should have more variety of how we express how we feel about certain posts.

How this can help:

For posts where someone passes away, or there is sad news around the league, I want to acknowledge the OP making the thread, but I'm not 'liking' or 'and 1ing' the fact something bad happened. But a sad acknowledgement could be good to have. I'm not sure the NBA equivalent to this but I'm sure someone can think of something.

For threads you don't agree with, or posts that are mean, have something like 'foul'. We know 'and 1' is the equivalent to a 'like'. So this could be a way to express feeling while staying with the basketball theme.

Would this be possible?
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,654

Re: Add downvotes equivalents to 'and 1s' and other ways to acknowledge emotions to a post 

Post#2 » by Howard Mass » Fri Sep 4, 2020 2:49 am

King4Day wrote:I'm sure it's been discussed before but I didn't see anything about it outside of an 'and 1' thread.

Similar to how Facebook has 'like', 'love', 'mad', 'sad' emotes.
I think we should have more variety of how we express how we feel about certain posts.

How this can help:

For posts where someone passes away, or there is sad news around the league, I want to acknowledge the OP making the thread, but I'm not 'liking' or 'and 1ing' the fact something bad happened. But a sad acknowledgement could be good to have. I'm not sure the NBA equivalent to this but I'm sure someone can think of something.

For threads you don't agree with, or posts that are mean, have something like 'foul'. We know 'and 1' is the equivalent to a 'like'. So this could be a way to express feeling while staying with the basketball theme.

Would this be possible?

King4Day,

It has been discussed and we have thought about it.

We might consider doing this down the line but think it might be counter productive and abused.

We will consider it though.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions