What happened to the wiretap comment section?

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 205

What happened to the wiretap comment section? 

Post#1 » by RipCityKJ » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:38 pm

I noticed the comment section on new stories has disappeared, anyone else experiencing this too?
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,365

Re: What happened to the comment section? 

Post#2 » by GSWFan1994 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:14 pm

Yeah, same here. I like reading the comments, some guys don't post in the forums, just there... and are usually full of ****, lol.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,366

Re: What happened to the wiretap comment section? 

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:33 pm

RipCityKJ wrote:I noticed the comment section on new stories has disappeared, anyone else experiencing this too?

GSWFan1994 wrote:Yeah, same here. I like reading the comments, some guys don't post in the forums, just there... and are usually full of ****, lol.

When I click on the News stories, I see a place below it that says "Discuss" which takes you to the discussion threads. Does this not work for you?

Also, if you go to Board Index, RealGM Basketball, and then under Top Basketball Boards you will see the Team Boards and then under that you will see "More Boards" viewforum.php?f=243

Within that section you see Wiretaps Discussion with all the stories listed in a board like thread format. viewforum.php?f=415
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,365

Post#4 » by GSWFan1994 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:53 am

bwgood77 wrote:
RipCityKJ wrote:I noticed the comment section on new stories has disappeared, anyone else experiencing this too?

GSWFan1994 wrote:Yeah, same here. I like reading the comments, some guys don't post in the forums, just there... and are usually full of ****, lol.

When I click on the News stories, I see a place below it that says "Discuss" which takes you to the discussion threads. Does this not work for you?

Also, if you go to Board Index, RealGM Basketball, and then under Top Basketball Boards you will see the Team Boards and then under that you will see "More Boards" viewforum.php?f=243

Within that section you see Wiretaps Discussion with all the stories listed in a board like thread format. viewforum.php?f=415

The "discuss" button appears for me, and it works fine too.

However, previously we could read the comments (posts) in the wiretap new itself, without having to go into the forums to do it.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:56 am

GSWFan1994 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

However, previously we could read the comments (posts) in the wiretap new itself, without having to go into the forums to do it.

That's weird. I never saw it like that. I never saw any comments without clicking on the story and then posting reply to get to the forum.
asdlkm
Ballboy
And1: 31

Post#6 » by asdlkm » Mon May 22, 2023 8:50 pm

Yeah it's really annoying having to go to the actual forums to read the comments. Honestly spend way less time on the site because of it.

I was having this problem earlier this year. It reverted back to normal. Now it's doing it again.
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,941

Post#7 » by mastermixer » Mon May 29, 2023 4:58 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

It was always like this. You could see like 15-20 comments right in the article page, anything beyond that you would have you click into the wiretap discussion thread.

Please bring it back to like how it was before
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Mon May 29, 2023 9:29 pm

mastermixer wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

It was always like this. You could see like 15-20 comments right in the article page, anything beyond that you would have you click into the wiretap discussion thread.

I am unsure. Probably because there are a lot of trolls with terrible posts in there because they have been banned on other forums and have to use it to post their political opinions. I doubt they change it to bring it back to the way it is.

Howard may know for sure why this changed and if there is a possibility it is brought back.
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,941

Post#9 » by mastermixer » Mon May 29, 2023 9:41 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
mastermixer wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:

I am unsure. Probably because there are a lot of trolls with terrible posts in there because they have been banned on other forums and have to use it to post their political opinions. I doubt they change it to bring it back to the way it is.

Howard may know for sure why this changed and if there is a possibility it is brought back.

I understand, I never really noticed anything like that personally.

Would be cool the have it back tho.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
asdlkm
Ballboy
And1: 31

Post#10 » by asdlkm » Thu Jun 1, 2023 6:45 am

Looks like it's back for me again. Dope!

Return to Feedback and Suggestions