Really?

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!

Do you think random suspensions and bannings is good way to run a forum?

Yeah!! It's the best!
54%
No, it really doesn't make alot of sense from an open posting sense OR a business sense.
46%

Total votes: 24

ILikeTheGrizz
Senior
And1: 0

Really? 

Post#1 » by ILikeTheGrizz » Thu May 8, 2008 1:02 am

So someone posts a stupid idea, one that virtually everyone would agree is laughable. I laugh at it. Post deleted, no explanation, no PM, nothing. I post again, thinking it might be an error (I read on this board that that happened every once in awhile), and again it was deleted, no explanation, no PM, nothing.

I ask on the thread if my posts are being deleted, then I get a PM saying my posts were deleted. Nice! That's professional, huh? I proceed to chew the mod's ass in PM. Ya know, how we're supposed to take it to PM to avoid off-topic threads or taking other threads off-topic? Very reasonable rule that virtually all messageboards have.

Of course, 'taking it to PMs' here doesn't mean you can openly discuss things. You still have to treat the mod as if you're in the military or they're the high school principle or something; you can still be suspended for being rude or back-talking another human being one-on-one. That's...different.

Now I kinda see why people say half the best posters from this site have either been banned or have left out of disgust. Count me among the latter, or, hell, count me among the former if this thread is so, so disrespectful and blasphemous towards the mods and admins here that I must be banished. Or if you just want to save face or something.

So, feel free to answer the poll and perhaps the people running this board should think about how they're doing it and how're they're losing money every day by banning/suspending people who don't pay them enough lip service. I'll refocus back on the other messageboards that don't over-moderate and aren't rude when they do. See ya! :wave:
eatyourchildren wrote: BTW, PER is also as good a stat as PPG
Troy McClure
Banned User
And1: 46

Post#2 » by Troy McClure » Thu May 8, 2008 2:30 am

Flimslim 2.0?

Naw you won't last that long.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,616

Post#3 » by kyphi » Thu May 8, 2008 2:37 am

promise?
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#4 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu May 8, 2008 12:22 pm

Wait, RealGM is losing money?
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Post#5 » by Schad » Thu May 8, 2008 12:53 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:Wait, RealGM is losing money?

The exorbitant mod salaries probably aren't helping anything. I made a fort in my living room with the blocks of $20 dollar bills.
**** your asterisk.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,573

Post#6 » by hermes » Thu May 8, 2008 1:09 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:Wait, RealGM is losing money?
we're not being charged to be here are we
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#7 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu May 8, 2008 3:46 pm

Well, that settles it: time to start e-bullying for lunch money.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#8 » by Flash3 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 3:16 pm

You don't get randomly banned or suspended.....

Not sure where you're pulling this from.....
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#9 » by miller31time » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:59 am

Mods, just like posters, aren't perfect. There are going to be some that handle things improperly, but it's so wrong to generalize like the OP here did. I think most mods are very fair, in fact, I think they give troublesome posters a lot more leniency than the TOS suggests.

Oh, and this site is losing money? The #1 NBA site on the internet? That just expanded to NFL/MLB/NHL sections? That's been following the same protocol regarding rules of the site since it's creation? Really?
ILikeTheGrizz
Senior
And1: 0

Post#10 » by ILikeTheGrizz » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:39 am

Well, I came back because I do hate me some Kobe lovers and wanted to see how Original Baller and Bgil were doing after tonight. :lol: So I'm lurking on the Laker board and I see this. That's pretty much what I meant, starting near the bottom of page 13. Phil 2.0 did virtually the same thing to me. Just bans people after baiting them, while ignoring anyone else. My own suspension worked just about the same way.

What I meant about money is you have moderators suspending or banning people for little to no reason- because they disagree with them mostly- and those people are clicking your links anymore. They're not getting your pop-ups and for what? For piddly ****? I can't even find my suspended thread but it was much the same.

Anyway, yeah. Kobe's comparable to Jordan and head and shoulders over LeBron, CP, and a healthy Wade. :rofl: Bye guys! :wave:
eatyourchildren wrote: BTW, PER is also as good a stat as PPG
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#11 » by LLcoleJ » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:51 am

liar
Cheers. :beer: — Mags

Return to Feedback and Suggestions