RealGM Becoming a Tabloid

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

RealGM Becoming a Tabloid 

Post#1 » by Induveca » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:35 pm

Getting very sick of seeing these bull headlines on the front page of RealGM. I stopped reading ESPN.com and watching Sportscenter years ago because their "news" was becoming more and more based off of sensationalized quotes and editorials.

I have loved RealGM since 2004, a very loyal user/reader. I behoove the editors/staff here to go back to what has made you popular to begin with, report on statistics, trades, workouts, focusing on the coming season.

Dedicating the front page to Kobe Bryant saying he'd consider Italy for 50 million dollars a year is simply idiotic. What do you expect him to say? No? If you offered him 100 million a year to play in Mongolia, do you think he'd say no?

Very disappointed in the site lately. I've changed my bookmark to the front page of the forums, and I'll be avoiding the front page.
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Re: RealGM Becoming a Tabloid 

Post#2 » by carrottop12 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:43 pm

Ehh, it's a slow offseason, and the European free agent signings have been the biggest story in the game since Donaghy.

Most famous player in the league + Huge sums of money + European uprising = Front Page News.

Love it or leave it.
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#3 » by MaryvalesFinest » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:47 pm

I wouldn't say tabloid yet but if it gets to the point where a headline reads "Shaq-Kobe sex tape has been realeased" than realgm would be a tabloid :lol:
GJC
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Post#4 » by GJC » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:22 am

The new headline about Spain and China is a great example of headline reporting. A misleading title based on speculation rather than fact. Clean it up RealGM.
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence: in other words it is war minus the shooting.

George Orwell
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#5 » by hermes » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:30 pm

Induveca wrote: I've changed my bookmark to the front page of the forums, and I'll be avoiding the front page.

problem solved

Return to Feedback and Suggestions