viruses and malware from realgm.com

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 230

Re: viruses and malware from realgm.com 

Post#21 » by CR Reina » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:41 pm

What browser are you using to surf the web? There are flaws in Internet Explorer that can cause a ton of problems from something as mundane as a jpeg file.

I will be posting a separate thread on this issue on this forum i just a little bit.
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 8,554

Post#22 » by sp6r=underrated » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:44 am

CR Reina wrote:What browser are you using to surf the web? There are flaws in Internet Explorer that can cause a ton of problems from something as mundane as a jpeg file.

I will be posting a separate thread on this issue on this forum i just a little bit.

Firefox. Three times in the last two days I've had to disconnect from the website because of malware attacks.
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#23 » by Storm Surge » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:43 am

WOW, I am quite disappointed in realGM for this bullsh*t. The funny thing is whenever it pops up it pretends to be a "My Computer" window except I am posting in OS X Leopard so I immediately knew that it was bogus(not like I wouldn't if I was running Windows). I am getting this on Google Chrome because this forum DOES NOT EVEN WORK with my Safari 4.

RealGM, get your **** together! STOP giving people viruses and fix this website for Safari 4!
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#24 » by CR Reina » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:05 pm

This is not a virus being sent out by RealGM or any of its advertisers in any way.

It is a common virus right now called Antivirus PC 2009.

Click here for more information and how to get rid of it:

http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f ... us+pc+2009
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#25 » by CR Reina » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:08 pm

Storm Surge wrote:WOW, I am quite disappointed in realGM for this bullsh*t. The funny thing is whenever it pops up it pretends to be a "My Computer" window except I am posting in OS X Leopard so I immediately knew that it was bogus(not like I wouldn't if I was running Windows). I am getting this on Google Chrome because this forum DOES NOT EVEN WORK with my Safari 4.

RealGM, get your **** together! STOP giving people viruses and fix this website for Safari 4!

You should check your Mac updates, because I believe there is a brand new Security Update.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#26 » by YogiStewart » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:14 pm

CR Reina wrote:What browser are you using to surf the web? There are flaws in Internet Explorer that can cause a ton of problems from something as mundane as a jpeg file.

some of us have to use IE at work.
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#27 » by Clutch Carter » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:28 pm

I've gotten the malware alert/red screen in Chrome while loading up the forum index, not a thread, so avatars weren't the issue. Granted, this was a month or two ago.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#28 » by Anatomize » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:37 pm

If you get the pop up for AntiVirus 2009 please don't click X or anything on the screen, if the popup is clicked you will automatically receive the virus, and let me tell you it's a BRUTAL one.. if it pops up for you.. please control + alt + delete and end task the pop up.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,857

Post#29 » by Duffman100 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:47 pm

It's funny that I posted this problem 2 years ago, when I was infected with a couple of things. I'd wipe my computer, completely clean it out...and then visit RealGM, and only RealGM, and it would be back again.

Nobody took me seriously back then....
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#30 » by Duffman100 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Anatomize wrote:If you get the pop up for AntiVirus 2009 please don't click X or anything on the screen, if the popup is clicked you will automatically receive the virus, and let me tell you it's a BRUTAL one.. if it pops up for you.. please control + alt + delete and end task the pop up.

It is a very very brutal virus. I know what I'm doing for the most part and it took me a couple of days to get it off my GF's computer. Even still, her computer isn't running the same as it was before.
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#31 » by Anatomize » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:21 am

^ You should probably reformat it..I had too the first time I got this virus
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#32 » by Duffman100 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:31 pm

Anatomize wrote:^ You should probably reformat it..I had too the first time I got this virus

Yeah, she's a little iffy about letting me touch her computer. She didn't want to lose all of her music...I told her we could back it up...but she didn't want me to do anything else.

Plus, I've had a MAC for a while now and have no clue where my XP CD is.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#33 » by Duffman100 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:32 pm

Anatomize wrote:^ You should probably reformat it..I had too the first time I got this virus

I managed to get rid of most of it...save the part that somehow has tied itself to explorer.exe

it's a nasty little bugger. I ended up having to rewrite the binary in the registry keys, got into safe mode, deleted some of it. But there was one file that just kept regenerating itself and I couldn't track it back.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions