All Advertising Questions

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Re: All Advertising Questions 

Post#301 » by Dennis 37 » Thu Nov 3, 2016 7:41 pm

I'm sorry. I finally gave up and installed an ad blocker. The ads that appear on the upper right above one's user name completely ruined the functionality of the site. They simply never stop loading. Please announce when you have an ad server that will completely load ads in ten seconds or less (I have a fibre optic connection) and I will gladly remove my ad blocker so you can have an income.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Post#302 » by Howard Mass » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:20 am

We are working on this.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,619

Post#303 » by Johnny Firpo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:44 am

After a while, I had turn on adblock on the site again. I gladly support you guys, but when sound ads start to blast automatically from the speakers, I can't comply, sorry. I love that you guys don't have pop-up ads, but this is equally nonsensical. It's a Hungarian ad, so I'm guessing it's just for me, but yeah, sorry, it's terrible. I cannot even see where it's coming from, so it's not a video.
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,396

Post#304 » by MartyConlonJr » Mon May 15, 2017 12:13 pm

I have never installed an ad blocker but the ads by google that have started popping up from the bottom and take up half the screen and bait you into clicking are atrocious and im now figuring out how to install an adblocker (never done this for any site)
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#305 » by PharmD » Thu May 25, 2017 7:14 am

These ads that play at the bottom of the screen, for 30 seconds, and don't let you scroll away from them (you're constantly pulled back). Yeah, i don't like those. It's the same unskippable Charles Schuab ad on every thread i click on. Again, 30 seconds long.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#306 » by Howard Mass » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:49 am

Is anyone still having problems?

keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#307 » by keloms » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:36 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:After a while, I had turn on adblock on the site again. I gladly support you guys, but when sound ads start to blast automatically from the speakers, I can't comply, sorry. I love that you guys don't have pop-up ads, but this is equally nonsensical. It's a Hungarian ad, so I'm guessing it's just for me, but yeah, sorry, it's terrible. I cannot even see where it's coming from, so it's not a video.

Just had to do the same. I usually leave tabs open throughout the day so I can quickly refresh and catch up on the latest discussion, but, now the videos ads not only load on the visit, but, also replay numerous times in unattended tabs at random intervals. Gladly willing to support the site, and would even pay for an ad free version, but, can't do it by having video ads blasting and repeating.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,619

Post#308 » by Johnny Firpo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am

keloms wrote:Just had to do the same. I usually leave tabs open throughout the day so I can quickly refresh and catch up on the latest discussion, but, now the videos ads not only load on the visit, but, also replay numerous times in unattended tabs at random intervals. Gladly willing to support the site, and would even pay for an ad free version, but, can't do it by having video ads blasting and repeating.

I would, too, pay a couple of bucks for an ad-free version of the site. A monthly Netflix subscription is around 10 bucks, and they don't really go above that on any entertainment site, so let's say, you guys set up an ad-free version for 2-3 bucks per month, and I will gladly pay it. Heck, I would probably even pay 4-5 bucks. I spend at least an hour almost every day here. Set it up guys, and I think many posters will pay for it.
ciueli
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#309 » by ciueli » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:20 pm

Well, just recently you've introduced ads that break the ability to actually scroll down the page and I'm seeing weird glitches as I try to type this post. It seems like the only way to use this site now is with an ad blocker or javascript disabled.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#310 » by Howard Mass » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:19 am

We are working on the issue.

An ad-free version seems unlikely as some Users might want favoritism when it comes to moderating.

Anything could happen in the future though.

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,486

Post#311 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:18 am

The sound ads are really frustrating to me as well
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#312 » by Howard Mass » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:33 pm

If you get one, please let us know.

Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#313 » by Trailbreaker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Howard Mass wrote:If you get one, please let us know.

Howard Mass,

I tried to message you back, but the forum gave me an error message and won't let me. My recent email address has been deleted and I would like to change it.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#314 » by Howard Mass » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Trailbreaker wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:If you get one, please let us know.

Howard Mass,

I tried to message you back, but the forum gave me an error message and won't let me. My recent email address has been deleted and I would like to change it.

Trailbreaker,

Not a problem.

Try it again and if that does not work, shoot me an E-Mail howard@realgm.com

Thanks!

Susp3ct
Veteran
And1: 2,058

Post#315 » by Susp3ct » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:58 pm

Uhh can someone please stop the “you’ve won something spin the wheel” full page ad after clicking on any effin thread! It’s so damn annoying. I have to keep going out and back in again into the site.
I’m on mobile, iPhone.
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 227

Post#316 » by CR Reina » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:55 pm

We're trying to figure out where it is coming from and remove it immediately. We apologize for the issue.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,122

Post#317 » by GopherIt! » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:00 pm

how do i block google banner ads on my phone??? i get u need ads but those pop down /pop up ads are super annoying. ugh. i have limited data and a small phone screen and its ruining my ability to visit realgm.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,043

Post#318 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Holy **** I hate the ads that just start playing on their own. Can we remove them?
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#319 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:29 pm

FYI. Damprid is playing sound ad's via the browser.

Also, for anybody using Firefox for browsing issues, the new version of Firefox no longer allows you to disable flash in the Add-Ons section, but they do have a more defined systems changes. Thus, you can disable any and all advertisements from starting to play sound or video. Hence, the video's and ad's show up on the screen, but the video and audio will not play automatically, yet you can still click on them to play if you want to see them. Neat feature with flash still being enabled.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,227

Post#320 » by BadWolf » Wed Apr 4, 2018 9:08 am

I visited site without ad blocker a few times lately (on mobile) and the expirience is vastly different.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions